Evangelical Christians! Agree Or Disagree? Arguments For Something Different?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 2: 10-11
10. So that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11. And every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I'm an Evangelical Christian. There are 4 simple Beliefs that I hold dear to my Heart!

1. The Bible is the Inerrant Word Of God (Christ).

2. The ONLY way to Salvation is Belief in Jesus Christ (by Grace and through Faith in Him).

3. Individuals MUST accept Salvation for themselves, "Born-Again experience." (Not by Traditions or a Ceremony).

4. The NEED to spread the Gospel, Evangelize.

With love, please be respectful to all who post, is there any other way to Salvation...Apart from Jesus Christ? I say NO.

We can always Agree to Disagree ;)

The Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!
Eternity is a Very long Time!
Satan Loves Distractions and Wants Christians To Just Die!!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm an Evangelical Christian. There are 4 simple Beliefs that I hold dear to my Heart!
I believe all genuine Christians will agree with this. Not sure why you put Christ in parenthesis after this:The Bible is the Inerrant Word Of God.

The Bible is indeed the inerrant written Word of God. At the same time the Lord Jesus Christ Himself is the eternal "Word of God", meaning the divine expression of God (a divine Person).

Who [Christ] being the brightness of His [the Father's] glory, and the express image of His Person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on High (Heb 1:3)

There are some who try to insist that only Christ is the living Word of God, and fail to see that the Bible is also the living Word of God.

Reactions: Nancy and jshiii

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure why you put Christ in parenthesis after this:The Bible is the Inerrant Word Of God.

I just wanted to make sure everyone was clear on the association of Christ to the Word Of God......as you said, "Christ Himself is the eternal "Word of God"

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@jshiii I am glad you are able to put into words where you believe that are, but do not be surprised to find some who do disagree with some or all of your four statements while still assuring you that they also believe in and follow God. The way you worded your OP I guess you expect to receive some opposition. Hopefully any who participate in this thread will put on a Christ-like charity. Of course, some of them may argue with you about what Christ-like charity is.

Reactions: jshiii and Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course, some of them may argue with you about what Christ-like charity is.
Now we are talking about the greatest spiritual gift, so there can be no argument after reading 1 Corinthians 13. Some things are indisputable.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now we are talking about the greatest spiritual gift, so there can be no argument after reading 1 Corinthians 13. Some things are indisputable.
I do hear what you are saying. I myself go to that same chapter with regard to what charity is, but I have definitely found people who based on that same chapter had different interpretations. People are going to disagree based on the scriptures. You have certainly seen that on this forum. I have my own explanation as to why that is, but many people will not accept what I believe.

This comes back to the question of Absolute Truth. I believe that it exists, but what of it can we see while our vision is still less than perfect?

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10. So that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11. And every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Awesome!

Everyone will be Saved in the end. Even those in Hell.

That's God's Love for ya!

:cool:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Phew, im not one of them so glad.
Man makes a box, writes some requirements on a piece of paper, put is inside, sticks a label on the outside and says, If you fit these requirement than you are one of these, and all the religions have there boxes and there requirements and there labels, But God,,, He takes a man. puts His Spirit inside him, than says. " My mark that I have put upon you is what makes you mine", and by that mark alone Christ and God identify with there people. Gods people will never fit into any of mens boxes.

For man its always outside appearance for God its what is happening on the inside.

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Awesome!

Everyone will be Saved in the end. Even those in Hell.

That's God's Love for ya!

:cool:

My Opinion is that even Satan, the fallen angels and those unbelievers who rejected Christ, even though all of these will spend eternity in the Lake of Fire, they will still bow and confess Jesus is Lord. So whether or not they refuse now, like many do, before they receive their final judgment, their disobedience will be broken.....knees, tongues and all. ;)

I disagree. Everyone will not be saved, because God is a just God, and this would make him out to be a liar.

I cannot wait to see Satan Bowing to our Lord Jesus Christ!!

10. So that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,(THIS IS SPEAKING ABOUT THE WHOLE UNIVERSE)... I read a few commentaries on this verse and I like BARNES' NOTES ON THE BIBLE.

Barnes' Notes on the Bible
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow - The knee should bow, or bend, in token of honor, or worship; that is, all people should adore him. This cannot mean merely that at the mention of the name of Jesses we should bow; nor is there any evidence that God requires this. Why should we bow at the mention of that name, rather than at any of the other titles of the Redeemer? Is there any special sacredness or honor in it above the other names which he bears? And why should we how at his name rather than at the name of the Father! Besides, if any special homage is to be paid to the name of the Saviour under the authority of this passage - and this is the only one on which the authority of this custom is based - it should be by bowing the knee, not the head. But the truth is, this authorizes and requires neither; and the custom of bowing at the name of Jesus, in some churches, has arisen entirely from a misinterpretation of this passage. There is no other place in the Bible to which an appeal is made to authorize the custom; compare Neal's History of the Puritans, chapter 5. Ninth 5. The meaning here is, not that a special act of respect or adoration should be shown wherever the name "Jesus" occurs in reading the Scriptures, or whenever it is mentioned, but that he was so exalted that it would be proper that all in heaven and on earth should worship him, and that the time would come when he would be thus everywhere acknowledged as Lord. The bowing of the knee properly expresses homage, respect, adoration (compare the notes at Romans 11:4); and it cannot be done to the Saviour by those who are in heaven, unless it be divine.
Of things in heaven - ἐπουρανίων epouraniōn - rather of beings in heaven, the word "things" being improperly supplied by our translators. The word may be in the neuter plural; but it may be also in the masculine plural, and denote beings rather than things. Things do not bow the knee; and the reference here is undoubtedly to angels, and to the "spirits of the just made perfect" in heaven. If Jesus is worshipped there, he is divine; for there is no idolatry eta creature in heaven. In this whole passage there is probably an allusion to Isaiah 45:23; see it illustrated in the notes at Romans 14:11. In the great divisions here specified - of those in heaven, on the earth, and under the earth - the apostle intends, doubtless, to denote the universe. The same mode of designating the universe occurs in Revelation 5:13; Exodus 20:4; compare Psalm 96:11-12. This mode of expression is equivalent to saying, "all that is above, around, and beneath us," and arises from what appears to us. The division is natural and obvious - that which is above us in the heavens, that which is on the earth where we dwell, and all that is beneath us.

And things in earth - Rather, "beings on earth," to wit, people; for they only are capable of rendering homage.

And things under the earth - Beings under the earth. The whole universe shall confess that he is Lord. This embraces, doubtless, those who have departed from this life, and perhaps includes also fallen angels. The meaning is, that riley shall all acknowledge him as universal Lord; all how to his sovereign will; all be subject to his control; all recognize him as divine. The fallen and the lost will do this; for they will be constrained to yield an unwilling homage to him by submitting to the sentence from his lips that shall consign them to woe; and thus the whole universe shall acknowledge the exalted dignity of the Son of God. But this does not mean that they will all be saved, for the guilty and the lost may be compelled to acknowledge his power, and submit to his decree as the sovereign of the universe. There is the free and cheerful homage of the heart which they who worship him in heaven will render; and there is the constrained homage which they must yield who are compelled to acknowledge his authority.

God Bless!

The Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!
Eternity is a Very long Time!
Satan Loves Distractions and Wants Christians To Just Die!!

Last edited: