Even If Does Not Make Sense Do It

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dga

Dec 22, 2020
Ashford
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have you been is a situation, where God shows or reveals to you, that he wants you to do something specific, but for you personally, it does not make sense at ll? I do not know about you, but I have.

Many of the thing God will do in your life as a Christian, will not make sense to you, but yet there are there, done by the Almighty God, in a supernatural way. You see, the spiritual realm has different dimensions and laws, which differ from the physical realm and dimensions we live here on earth. Not wonder God said in his Word, that his thoughts are not like our thoughts. Of course they are not, and I am so happy that we can know the thoughts of God, as recorded in his Word, which are perfect, and without anything less than purity, holiness and perfection.

When you read the Bible, Old Testament or New, you can see so many times, when God was doing something, and it did not make sense to the people around, watching the miraculous from God. One such example is just before Jesus raised Lazarus from the grave, when one of the sisters of Lazarus, went to Jesus, and told him that Lazarus has been already in the grave for a few days. But Jesus told her, that if she believes, she will see the glory of God.

Jesus wants the same from us today, to just believe, and not rationalise what he is doing. We can not understand many things about God and what he is doing, so we will be losing our time and effort, to try to do so.

Think about the situation with Jesus and his disciples, after the resurrection of Jesus from the grave. He appeared to them, and told them to put their nets, on the right side of the boat, in order to catch fish, as recorded in the Gospel of John 21:6. Now, Peter and John, and some of the other disciples of Jesus, were professional fishermen, who tried to catch fish, whole night, and they did not catch any. And here is Jesus, telling them in the morning, to put their nets on the right side of the boat. I can imagine Apostle Peter scratching his head thinking, 'Why does Jesus asks us to put the net on the right side of the boat? What does it matter, if we put the net on the left side of the boat or on the right? Is that what makes one to catch fish? Why on the right side? It does not make sense!' But yet, they did as Jesus told them to do, and they had a miracle in their boat, having nets full with fish.

So, what matters is that, when God gives you any instructions, even if they do not make sense, do not question them, or try to explain them, because most of the time, you will not be able to. Instead, simply believe, with faith, and do what he tells you to do. That is the fist step, of seeing a miracle from God.

MORE: God Delights in Us Jeremiah 3:19
God Delights in Us! Jeremiah 3:19

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have you been is a situation, where God shows or reveals to you, that he wants you to do something specific, but for you personally, it does not make sense at ll? I do not know about you, but I have.

A few years back when I was working I was settling down to enjoy my day off. That is until God told me to go into town. So I got ready to go for the bus and then God told me he wanted me to give money to 'the children'. So I thought okay I'll just go and trust God to show me the rest.

Anyway when I got to the bus stop there was an Irish lady there I'd never seen before and we go to chatting - like you do. She told me her bag was very heavy as she was taking her collecting box to church. I asked her what she was collecting for and she said, 'the children'. I thought wow! and put everything I had in my purse into her box. A small exercise in trusting God.