Ever Just Want More?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More than just blessings, I want God's presence.

I do want another personal encounter. I have to be honest with myself.

He has emotions like we do. He isn't just a concept. He wants to be sought out. I want to pursue Him.

I don't know why He doesn't always choose to appear when we seek Him immediately.

I don't know why seeking Him can be so frustrating.

But I do know that I can never give up seeking Him. I can never act like I can put Him in a neat little box on a shelf again.

The living God, the great I AM, in all His terror and glory is who Im seeking. And Im never going to give up. I don't want to settle for thinking He's not interested again, even if it takes years for another encounter.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 53:2

2 God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister read through Romans 8. If you are born again His Spirit is in you and He is with you are all times. You have a 24/7 relationship with Him available all the time. Immerse yourself in His word, believe all His promises and talk to Him throughout your day and you will be blessed by being in His presence all if the time. You will be walking in the Spirit and enjoying His presence wherever you are and in all circumstances . Paul did that from a prison cell and gave us the letter of Joy - Philippians

• Love
Reactions: marks

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Roman’s 8
Therefore, there is now no condemnationfor those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sinand death. 3 For what the law was powerlessto do because it was weakened by the flesh,[b]God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c]And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.
9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life[d]because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodiesbecause of[e] his Spirit who lives in you.
12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.
14 For those who are led by the Spirit of Godare the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.[f] And by him we cry, “Abba,[g]Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Present Suffering and Future Glory​

18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope21 that[h] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.
22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit,groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i]have been called according to his purpose.29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

More Than Conquerors​

31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[j]
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister read through Romans 8. If you are born again His Spirit is in you and He is with you are all times. You have a 24/7 relationship with Him available all the time. Immerse yourself in His word, believe all His promises and talk to Him throughout your day and you will be blessed by being in His presence all if the time. You will be walking in the Spirit and enjoying His presence wherever you are and in all circumstances . Paul did that from a prison cell and gave us the letter of Joy - Philippians
It's true that God's presence never leaves us whether we feel that it's there or not.

But I do believe God can encounter us more personally while we are here on earth. I would say Moses experienced God more up close and personal than a lot of his peers. This is what Im after.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's true that God's presence never leaves us whether we feel that it's there or not.

But I do believe God can encounter us more personally while we are here on earth. I would say Moses experienced God more up close and personal than a lot of his peers. This is what Im after.
Yet Moses was not born again. He had to seek Gods presense in a bush on a mountain. The disciples had Jesus with them for 3 years in the flesh and were not faithful and their lives did not change until after Pentecost when Jesus promised them He would send His spirit to be with them and in them. That is when they were able to turn the world upside down and that is when they became faithful and fearless disciples. That is when they were filled with His Spirit just the same way we are when we are born again. The Holy Spirit is the same Spirit in them that is in us. They were filled with the spirit and walked in the spirit. We as believers are filled with the spirit and can walk in the spirit and bear the fruit of the spirit.

Here is another thing our focus as believers should not be on ourselves but upon Christ, His glory and serving others. Once we place our focus on Him and others we take ourselves out of the way and God uses us to reach a lost and dying world as His disciples, ambassadors, we are a kingdom of priests to a lost and dying world- the salt and light.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

He has emotions like we do. He isn't just a concept. He wants to be sought out. I want to pursue Him.

I don't know why He doesn't always choose to appear when we seek Him immediately.

But I do know that I can never give up seeking Him. I can never act like I can put Him in a neat little box on a shelf again.

The living God, the great I AM, in all His terror and glory is who Im seeking. And Im never going to give up. I don't want to settle for thinking He's not interested again, even if it takes years for another encounter.
Hang in there Wyn Wyn, not long now. You are the apple of his eye, his Princess; graven on the palms of his hands. He wants your trust even when or particularly when the daily challenges, the wants, the give it to me nows threaten to derail.
Faith say's, 'I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day'

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet Moses was not born again. He had to seek Gods presense in a bush on a mountain. The disciples had Jesus with them for 3 years in the flesh and were not faithful and their lives did not change until after Pentecost when Jesus promised them He would send His spirit to be with them and in them. That is when they were able to turn the world upside down and that is when they became faithful and fearless disciples. That is when they were filled with His Spirit just the same way we are when we are born again. The Holy Spirit is the same Spirit in them that is in us. They were filled with the spirit and walked in the spirit. We as believers are filled with the spirit and can walk in the spirit and bear the fruit of the spirit.

Here is another thing our focus as believers should not be on ourselves but upon Christ, His glory and serving others. Once we place our focus on Him and others we take ourselves out of the way and God uses us to reach a lost and dying world as His disciples, ambassadors, we are a kingdom of priests to a lost and dying world- the salt and light.
New Testament believers also had personal encounters with God. Saul became Paul after he was surrounded with light and heard the audible voice of the Lord.

I've had a personal encounter with the Lord in the past. I will seek it again.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New Testament believers also had personal encounters with God. Saul became Paul after he was surrounded with light and heard the audible voice of the Lord.

And that was the only person after Pentecost who experienced the Risen Lord that way and he was Jesus chosen vessel to reach the gentiles and who wrote most of our New Testament. He was an Apostle we are not. Like I said earlier personal encounters with God where He directly spoke to individuals you can count on your 10 fingers . It was very rare .

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blessings in Christ Jesus Wynona. I have found He shows up when we least expect it but really need it. Who could put into words when His Presence, His love, penetrates every fiber of our being. How does time stop, and every worry disappear and nothing else matters but being with Him. It has been said, "And I will manifest Myself to them" and "what is man that He is so mindful of him" So be encouraged Wynona, The Lord is faithful.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God spoke audibly 3 times in the N.T.

At Jesus Baptism
At Jesus Transfiguration
At Jesus prayer before His death/crucifixion He told His disciples right before it would happen in John 12.

And only Paul heard Jesus audibly voice after Jesus Ascension in Acts at his conversion.

hope this helps !!!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that was the only person after Pentecost who experienced the Risen Lord that way and he was Jesus chosen vessel to reach the gentiles and who wrote most of our New Testament. He was an Apostle we are not. Like I said earlier personal encounters with God where He directly spoke to individuals you can count on your 10 fingers . It was very rare .
That doesn't discourage me. I know I will always long for another personal encounter with God whether that makes sense to others or not. The Bible says Elijah was a man with a nature like ours yet he prayed for three years that it wouldn't rain and it didn't. I don't believe we have any less access to miracles, signs, wonders, or personal encounters with the Lord than the people of the Bible did.

I believe it is rare for God to encounter people because it's honestly uncomfortable. I mean, it is the Author of Creation. If we saw His face directly, we would die. His glory is that great. It's a lot easier and more comfortable for us as people to not think of God being so real and up close until we die.

It is also a mercy that we don't experience God's unmitigated presence all the time. Itd be a lot to take and Id never get anything done. Id just be wanting to be alone and worshipping non-stop 24/7.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't discourage me. I know I will always long for another personal encounter with God whether that makes sense to others or not. The Bible says Elijah was a man with a nature like ours yet he prayed for three years that it wouldn't rain and it didn't. I don't believe we have any less access to miracles, signs, wonders, or personal encounters with the Lord than the people of the Bible did.

I believe it is rare for God to encounter people because it's honestly uncomfortable. I mean, it is the Author of Creation. If we saw His face directly, we would die. His glory is that great. It's a lot easier and more comfortable for us as people to not think of God being so real and up close until we die.

It is also a mercy that we don't experience God's unmitigated presence all the time. Itd be a lot to take and Id never get anything done. Id just be wanting to be alone and worshipping non-stop 24/7.
Its also better for us today for He has given us His Spirit who dwells in us. Back then God dwelled in the Temple as was not accessible to everyone only a select few. Today we are His temple and He dwells in us. That is AMAZING when you really think about that and that the presence oof God is living in us. There are so many Scriptures about this that if we only believed it with all of our heart, minds and soul and strength we would not only be transformed but we like the early disciples would turn the world upside down as His witnesses.

There are hundreds of books written about the Holy Spirit and practicing the presence of God. I think it all boils down to a lack of faith on our part. Its ourselves who are the ones limiting God and His power in our lives by a lack of faith, obedience and seeking Him with our mind, soul, heart and strength. When we love Him in that way and take ourselves out of the picture God does some amazing things and presents many opportunities for us to reach a lost and dying world who needs to hear the gospel and the hope that we have in Christ. Its why we are here to be His witnesses and take to gospel to all people. Each one of us has a difference sphere of influence with our families, friends, co-workers and neighbors. That is each persons mission field. We are saved so that we can make disciples as per Matthew 28 the great commission.

Last edited:

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the Holy Spirit within me. I am filled with His love for me that He died for me. I go to sleep saying goodnight to God, and I wake up saying good morning. As I go to sleep, Jesus is the last thing I say. I am blessed to have dreams and visions and know Jesus.

Pursue Jesus with all that you have and give Him the Glory for all things.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Interesting thing that I've learned while trying to open communications with God myself is that I think he just wants us to live our lives while he works in the background to bless and protect us. He's often unseen and unnoticed, but is the source of wellness and safety.

I've had a few (I think 4) sound communions with God in the 25 years that I've been a Christian. Only 4 that I can be sure it was him. There have been many other that I think are God but not totally sure.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your desire is the desire of the pure in heart. Bless you @Wynona

I too long to experience God's greatness and majesty, especially when it feels like He is silent. But we must not think He has forgotten us.

Reactions: Wynona and Lambano

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your desire is the desire of the pure in heart. Bless you @Wynona

I too long to experience God's greatness and majesty, especially when it feels like He is silent. But we must not think He has forgotten us.
...and it's right at the door step. Jesus, the full expression of God! Sound glib and familiar? ......where has that come from? an assumption that we know?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Genesis 32

24Then Jacob was left alone; and a Man wrestled with him until the breaking of day. 25Now when He saw that He did not prevail against him, He touched the socket of his hip; and the socket of Jacob’s hip was out of joint as He wrestled with him. 26And He said, “Let Me go, for the day breaks.”

But he said, “I will not let You go unless You bless me!”

27So He said to him, “What is your name?”

He said, “Jacob.”

28And He said, “Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel; for you have struggled with God and with men, and have prevailed.”

29Then Jacob asked, saying, “Tell me Your name, I pray.”

And He said, “Why is it that you ask about My name?” And He blessed him there.

:praying::praying::praying:

• Love
Reactions: Wynona