Everlasting burnings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everlasting burnings ...who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? What is everlasting burnings?

Isaiah 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

Isaiah 33:14 Lexicon: Sinners in Zion are terrified; Trembling has seized the godless. "Who among us can live with the consuming fire? Who among us can live with continual burning?"

Who among us shall dwell with the consuming fire? Who is the consuming fire?

B

brakelite

Everlasting burnings ...who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? What is everlasting burnings?

Isaiah 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

Isaiah 33:14 Lexicon: Sinners in Zion are terrified; Trembling has seized the godless. "Who among us can live with the consuming fire? Who among us can live with continual burning?"

Those that are righteous shall stand before a holy God and not be destroyed by the consuming fire that destroys sin. Those who are destroyed are those who cling to sin refusing to turn away from it through godly sorrow and repentance.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that are righteous shall stand before a holy God and not be destroyed by the consuming fire that destroys sin. Those who are destroyed are those who cling to sin refusing to turn away from it through godly sorrow and repentance.

Can they refuse from His presence.
2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

2 Thessalonians 1:8-10 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: [9] Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; [10] When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly not those who have been saved by grace and are kept by the power of God. God is a consuming fire to His enemies but a loving Father to His children.

“Dwell with”

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one who is quenching the Spirit by asking Christians to focus on everlasting burnings. So focus on the finished work of Christ.

The finished work of Christ is for God to dwell with His people.

Zechariah 2:5 For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The finished work of Christ is for God to dwell with His people. Zechariah 2:5 For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.
This is what happens when you take Scriptures out of context. That is a reference to Jerusalem on earth, not the Heavenly Jerusalem.
And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein:... And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.(Zech 2:4,12)

There are no cattle in the New Jerusalem! And that *wall of fire* is to protect Jerusalem on earth from its enemies, not to burn up its inhabitants! And *the holy land* is redeemed and restored Israel on earth, from the Nile to the Euphrates. Reserved for the twelve tribes of Israel. Study Ezekiel 48. This is not about the Church, so kindly stop taking Scriptures out of context. Then focus on the finished work of Christ.

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Jesus is that consuming fire and those that have his Spirit will dwell safely.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what happens when you take Scriptures out of context. That is a reference to Jerusalem on earth, not the Heavenly Jerusalem.
And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein:... And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.(Zech 2:4,12)

There are no cattle in the New Jerusalem! And that *wall of fire* is to protect Jerusalem on earth from its enemies, not to burn up its inhabitants! And *the holy land* is redeemed and restored Israel on earth, from the Nile to the Euphrates. Reserved for the twelve tribes of Israel. Study Ezekiel 48. This is not about the Church, so kindly stop taking Scriptures out of context. Then focus on the finished work of Christ.

God’s Spirit is the wall of protection? Are you saying there is a literal wall of fire? It is as much about the church as it is about His body which He prepared. That is the point of the thread “prepared” ...baptized with Fire.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is that consuming fire and those that have his Spirit will dwell safely.

Daniel 3:24-25 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. [25] He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Walking in the midst of the Fire and not consumed?

Reactions: brakelite and Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a reason Jesus spoke around 6 times as much of Heaven than He did of Hell.

Of course in He come to not condemn the world but to save it. Isaiah 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

Imo the above is important. Maybe you don’t agree. If you don’t mind what would be your answer to: who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is a consuming fire. Jesus came the first time in the Flesh to make peace but the second time he comes he will be coming in the spirit of God to make war.

As it is written, he forms the life and he creates death: he makes peace and creates war: the Lord Jesus does all these things

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ezekiel 34:16-21 I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment. [17] And as for you, O my flock, thus saith the Lord God ; Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, between the rams and the he goats. [18] Seemeth it a small thing unto you to have eaten up the good pasture, but ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pastures? and to have drunk of the deep waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet? [19] And as for my flock, they eat that which ye have trodden with your feet; and they drink that which ye have fouled with your feet. [20] Therefore thus saith the Lord God unto them; Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat cattle and between the lean cattle. [21] Because ye have thrust with side and with shoulder, and pushed all the diseased with your horns, till ye have scattered them abroad;

Reactions: bbyrd009

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The finished work of Christ is for God to dwell with His people.

Zechariah 2:5 For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.
A wonderful consideration and comfort. Although the context in Zechariah is Israel in a future day, yet it can be applied to the church and various passages in John's Gospel, the Epistle to the Hebrews, etc., can be used in conjunction.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 27:20-21 Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied. [21] As the fining pot for silver, and the furnace for gold; so is a man to his praise.

“I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried in the fire...”

Psalm 9:17-20 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God. [18] For the needy shall not alway be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever. [19] Arise, O Lord ; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight. [20] Put them in fear, O Lord : that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Steve Owen

Oct 13, 2019
Exmouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's not directly about hell; it's about which of us sinful mortals can dwell with a God that is a consuming fire (Hebrews 12:29).

Eternal Light! Eternal Light!
How pure that soul must be,
When, placed within Thy searching sight,
It shrinks not, but with calm delight
Can live and look on Thee.

The angels that surround Thy throne
May bear that burning bliss;
But that is surely theirs alone,
For they have never, never known
A fallen world like this.

O how shall I, whose native sphere
Is dark, whose mind is dim,