1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evidence of the Great Flood has been found; or not?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by tooldtocare, Nov 13, 2017.

Do you think this is evidence of the Great Flood?

This poll will close on Dec 13, 2017 at 6:22 PM.
  1. yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tooldtocare

tooldtocare Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I believe I have found evidence of the Great Flood
    flood3.jpg flood2.jpg flood1.jpg

The above looks like evidence of a Great Flood.

2. tooldtocare

tooldtocare Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This is where the water came from to create such a flood

The Snowball Earth hypothesis proposes that Earth's surface became entirely or nearly entirely frozen at least once, sometime earlier than 650 Mya (million years ago). Proponents of the hypothesis argue that it best explains sedimentary deposits generally regarded as of glacial origin at tropical palaeolatitudes and other enigmatic features in the geological record. Opponents of the hypothesis contest the implications of the geological evidence for global glaciation and the geophysical feasibility of an ice- or slush-covered ocean[3][4] and emphasize the difficulty of escaping an all-frozen condition. A number of unanswered questions remain, including whether the Earth was a full snowball, or a "slushball" with a thin equatorial band of open (or seasonally open) water.

The snowball-Earth episodes occurred before the sudden radiation of multicellular bioforms, known as the Cambrian explosion. The most recent snowball episode may have triggered the evolution of multicellularity. Another, much earlier and longer snowball episode, the Huronian glaciation, which occurred 2400 to 2100 Mya, may have been triggered by the first appearance of oxygen in the atmosphere, the "Great Oxygenation Event".

Snowball Earth - Wikipedia

3. Stranger

Stranger Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Seems to me that to have an ice age you need the loss of light which produces heat or vice versa. That did not occur with the flood of Noah's day.

But, there was another time when water covered the entire earth and there was no light. (Gen. 1:2)

Stranger

4. tooldtocare

tooldtocare Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    After reading your post I went back and re-read Genesis & then I created a thread with it inside.
    Thanks for reminding of what I had forgotten :)-

Richard_oti likes this.
  5. Stranger

Stranger Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You're quite welcome.

Stranger