Exodus: All that God had done for Moses.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is all speculation on my part but if one thing stands out from Exodus 18; let it be how much Exodus tells way back in Exodus 18 of Christ set as High Priest over the house of God —as One mediator —that doesn’t wear out—being different from men who have infirmities and not able to continue by reason of those infirmities.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we should: but the Spirit itself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Exodus 18 is long so I’m breaking it up into smaller post.

All that God had done for Moses.
(Paraphrasing)
Two sons:
Gershom “I have been an alien in a strange land.
Eliezar “for The God of my father, said he, was my help, delivering me from the sword of Pharaoh.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moses sits to judge the people; the people stand by Moses from morning unto evening.

can you imagine the heavy weight of from morning until evening? Sitting to judge where the people stand waiting to present their cause for you to hear it. Again, and again, and again…the people stand by. I guess it is similar in todays time to a judge sitting all day to hear the cases presented before him.

Moses’ father-in-law asks Moses “why sit you alone, and all the people stand by you from morning unto evening?”

Moses says “because all the people come to enquire of God.” Moses continues “when they have a matter needing to be judged…they come to me, and I judge between one and another. I make them to know the statues of God, and His Laws”

:confused:o_O Moses father-in-law says “You will surely wear out! Both you and this people with you. You will wear out and be done away with…and those with you Moses. It is too heavy for you! (Matthew 11:27-30) It is too heavy for you to perform it by yourself!” 2 Corinthians 3:6-18

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moses Father-in-law speaks “Hear now, I will counsel you and God will be with you.

“Be you for the people God-ward.”
2 Corinthians 3:4-9, 1 Thessalonians 1:8 in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad;…​

Moses father-in-law continues “so you may bring the causes unto God.” Lamentations 3:53-59

“And you will show them the way they must walk, and the work that they must do. Out of the people choose able men:
Such as fear God
Men of truth
Men who hate covetousness”
1 Corinthians 12:18-30

1 Timothy 3:1-10

“Let them judge in all seasons.
let it be that every Great matter they bring it to you, But every small matter let them judge.”

Moses father-in-law explains “So that this way it will go easier for you… and they shall bear with you. if you do this thing, and God command you so, then …instead of wearing out you will endure, and all this people will go to their place in peace.”
did Moses wear out though? Being weak and done away with …Where Christ as having an High Priest over the House of God …He Endures.Romans 8:3-4 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: [4] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

So Moses took the counsel of his father-in-law to heart and chose me out of Israel, able men: such as feared God. Such as hated covetousness, men of truth …and they judged at all seasons.

The hard causes they brought to Moses.
But every small matter they judge themselves.1 Corinthians 6:1-5

“You will surely wear out! Both you and this people with you. You will wear out and be done away with…and those with you Moses. It is too heavy for you! It is too heavy for you to perform it by yourself!”

yet I show you a more excellent way??
“…they shall bear with you. if you do this thing, and God command you so, then instead of wearing out you will endure,”—

1 Corinthians 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
1 Corinthians 13:4-10 Charity suffers long, and is kind; charity envies not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Does not behave itself unseemly, seeks not her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil; [6] Rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; [7] Bear all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. [8] Charity never fails: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. [9] For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. [10] But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. (Wear out?)
Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all you that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls. [30] For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moses sits to judge the people; the people stand by Moses from morning unto evening.

can you imagine the heavy weight of from morning until evening? Sitting to judge where the people stand waiting to present their cause for you to hear it. Again, and again, and again…the people stand by. I guess it is similar in todays time to a judge sitting all day to hear the cases presented before him.

Moses’ father-in-law asks Moses “why sit you alone, and all the people stand by you from morning unto evening?”

Moses says “because all the people come to enquire of God.” Moses continues “when they have a matter needing to be judged…they come to me, and I judge between one and another. I make them to know the statues of God, and His Laws”

:confused:o_O Moses father-in-law says “You will surely wear out! Both you and this people with you. You will wear out and be done away with…and those with you Moses. It is too heavy for you! (Matthew 11:27-30) It is too heavy for you to perform it by yourself!” 2 Corinthians 3:6-18

We learned a valuable lesson in that account Vicky, delegate. God used Moses' father in law to reveal that to Moses, and the people benefited when Moses put it into action. Some in the Christian congregation today like to have the glory, and do not delegate as they should, keeping sincere brothers from having a more active display of their faith. We have always had those glory hounds among us as Jesus had to address in his day. In fact it was so bad in his day that he strongly denounced the leaders of the faith, one time even telling some of them they were from their father the devil.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We learned a valuable lesson in that account Vicky, delegate. God used Moses' father in law to reveal that to Moses, and the people benefited when Moses put it into action. Some in the Christian congregation today like to have the glory, and do not delegate as they should, keeping sincere brothers from having a more active display of their faith. We have always had those glory hounds among us as Jesus had to address in his day. In fact it was so bad in his day that he strongly denounced the leaders of the faith, one time even telling some of them they were from their father the devil.

after reading exodus 18 …One take away I had was how exhausting it must have been for Moses to sit and judge. I don’t know if you have watched “the chosen”? There is a scene where the disciples are all sitting around a fire at night squabbling and debating among themselves over who is the greatest among them. Jesus comes walking through without saying a word and they all go silent watching him barely make it to his tent because of utter exhaustion from greeting all the people all day and hearing their brokenness and need for healing. It was an profound moment in contrast to the disciples debating which of them was greatest.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One take away I had was how exhausting it must have been for Moses to sit and judge. I don’t know if you have watched “the chosen”? There is a scene where the disciples are all sitting around a fire at night squabbling and debating among themselves over who is the greatest among them. Jesus comes walking through without saying a word and they all go silent watching him barely make it to his tent because of utter exhaustion from greeting all the people all day and hearing their brokenness and need for healing. It was an profound moment in contrast to the disciples debating which of them was greatest.
Another profound doctrine is How God Chose "Moses to be the administrator of
the dispensation of the law," in Contrast to Choosing "Paul to be administrator Of
The Dispensation Of GRACE!" Amen?:

Bible Answer To Confused church Bewilderment!

GRACE And Peace...

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another profound doctrine is How God Chose "Moses to be the administrator of
the dispensation of the law," in Contrast to Choosing "Paul to be administrator Of
The Dispensation Of GRACE!" Amen?:

Bible Answer To Confused church Bewilderment!

GRACE And Peace...

from your link “As "the law was given by Moses," then, "The Gospel of The Grace of God"
Was Committed By The Glorified Lord To Paul, to dispense to us.

And what a difference
!”

makes me think of the difference between:

coming the a mountain that burned with fire, blackness, darkness and a tempest, the sound of a trumpet and the voice of words; a voice that when they that heard intreated to not have the word spoken to them anymore.

For they could not endure that which was commanded,

if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart: And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake” Hebrews 12:18-24

what a difference from “But you are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
after reading exodus 18 …One take away I had was how exhausting it must have been for Moses to sit and judge. I don’t know if you have watched “the chosen”? There is a scene where the disciples are all sitting around a fire at night squabbling and debating among themselves over who is the greatest among them. Jesus comes walking through without saying a word and they all go silent watching him barely make it to his tent because of utter exhaustion from greeting all the people all day and hearing their brokenness and need for healing. It was an profound moment in contrast to the disciples debating which of them was greatest.

I think a lot of people for whatever reason don't consider things like that, Jesus gave his all for sure. The apostles gave much as well. Until recently I didn't even consider the horrors and anguish that Jesus must have went through the last 24 hrs of his life. I did consider the pain on the stauros, but never thought much about the savage treatment that preceded that.