exorcism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

newlife

May 26, 2013
I will be driving about 450 miles tomorrow round trip for an exorcism/ deliverance. I'm leaving early Sunday morning and hope to be back home to be back late that evening. The weather forecast calls for snow, sleet, freezing rain starting late and turning to all rain Monday afternoon. I f need be I will have to find lodging on the trip back. I have a meeting connected with work at 3 that I may be able to participate in by cell phone. There have been numerous repeated obstacles to doing this over the last few months. Please pray that I have success. I realize that this request may seem outlandish in this day and age. However be assured that this an invisible world that interacts with this physical world of ours.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I am glad that have finally managed to take this trip newlife. God's timing is perfect and I will be praying ' traveling mercies' for you.
Bless you!

newlife

May 26, 2013
The deliverance was not successful. There were no problems with the weather.

I thought I would provide a little background. Nearly 30 years ago I met with a pastor during a time in my life when I was suicidal. I hadn't told him much at all when he began to reveal to me events in my life going back to when I was child. I knew that it was God speaking to me through him showing me His compassion. The pastor told me that I was afflicted by demons. A very short time after this I began have very strong impressions that the pastor was seeking a deliverance ministry and that if he pursued this his next child would be born mentally retarded or have neurological problems. I was not aware that his wife was pregnant and that doctors were telling them that their unborn child would likely be retarded or have a neurological disability. Although I knew this sounded psychotic I told the pastor who gave me the option of breaking off relationships with all my friends or leaving his church. I was unable to break off with my friends and left his church. A few years later I was at a church service attended by several hundred people where he recounted all of this describing me as a demon possessed man without actually mentioning my name. The pastor now has an international prophetic ministry. My life was greatly transformed by this man's intervention His son as far as I know has grown up normally. We must never fear doing what is right. If I felt there was value in this I would provide the names of the people involved, churches, etc, but I don't think that this would be appropriate on this forum without their permission.

There is a great deal more that has happened. To the extent that I have been close to God and have been obedient the enemy's influence over my life has been weaker. But I have never been fully delivered. There have been various attempts at deliverance that have included manifestations, even violent manifestations.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hmmm...I'm sorry that you traveled so far and to no avail. I will continue to support you in this and I know that God's timing is perfect. Deliverance belongs to the Lord...

"My life was greatly transformed by this man's intervention"

how? :huh:

newlife

May 26, 2013
There was manifestation. At one point the demons threatened to enter the minister and those who were assisting him. There was considerable resistance and they would not be expelled. The meeting was not entirely unfruitful. I made some valuable contacts and it may be possible to have deliverance done by phone. The church also had a bookstore with many books on deliverance and demonology, some of them rare and academic as well as other Christian subject matter and they were not expensive. I spent $100.00 on books. The congregation is small. There were a couple of men I met from Canada, Toronto, who travel a couple of hundred miles 3-4 times a month because their city of 2 million, they claimed, has nothing liken this. The congregation however is small no doubt due to what their church specializes in. They hold spiritual warfare workshops 3 times a year. I found the pastor, John Gougon, to be highly knowledgeable and articulate.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
newlife said:
There was manifestation. At one point the demons threatened to enter the minister and those who were assisting him. There was considerable resistance and they would not be expelled. The meeting was not entirely unfruitful. I made some valuable contacts and it may be possible to have deliverance done by phone. The church also had a bookstore with many books on deliverance and demonology, some of them rare and academic as well as other Christian subject matter and they were not expensive. I spent $100.00 on books. The congregation is small. There were a couple of men I met from Canada, Toronto, who travel a couple of hundred miles 3-4 times a month because their city of 2 million, they claimed, has nothing liken this. The congregation however is small no doubt due to what their church specializes in. They hold spiritual warfare workshops 3 times a year. I found the pastor, John Gougon, to be highly knowledgeable and articulate.
The best book on the subject is HOSTAGE TO THE DEVIL by the late exorcist MALACHI MARTIN

It has been in reprint several times and plenty of used copies are available cheap.

It documents the exorcisms of 5 living Americans , plus has a section on evil spirit vs humans , plus it contains the Rites of Exorcism and instructions for the procedure.

This is a serious subject and you would be wise to read the book carefully

By your description you may be oppressed and not necessarily possessed. If you can find an active Roman Catholic Exorcist he will help you and give you advice .... you do not have to be Catholic.

In the meantime whenever you are afflicted , call on the Name of Jesus Christ .... speak it out loud .... and if your speech is stifled spell the name of Jesus out loud .... no matter how hard it is or how long it takes.

Be wary of amateurs.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Roman Catholics are not the only people in the world that deal in this area. Pentecostal Churches encounter these type of demonic entities more often because most are functioning under the leading of the Holy Spirit and manifestations such as these are in the spiritual realm because the battle is a spiritual one. You have a power demon and smaller ones are thrown in front so that this one cannot be properly addressed. No...you are not possessed but you have a power demon that has entered in when you were young and foolishly messing around with the occult...

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
FYI: Angelina is in the deliverance ministry and has credibility in these matters. I would believe what she says is.

newlife

May 26, 2013
Arnie Manitoba, I own and have read Hostage to the Devil. Malachi Martin is marvelous writer and his book is remarkable. The door is open however for further deliverance, Pastor Gougon used the metaphor of a large boulder that would be difficult to crack and that might require repeated efforts.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Most of the problems are a result of the sinful nature and evil within mankind.

Possession is quite rare and should be handled by professionals.

Some people imagine they can walk through a shopping mall casting out demons left and right.

But it is just that , an imagination .

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
By your description you may be oppressed and not necessarily possessed. If you can find an active Roman Catholic Exorcist he will help you and give you advice .... you do not have to be Catholic.
...you are saying then, the a Roman Catholic exorcist can help him but not deliverance ministries led by the Holy Spirit because those led by the Spirit go astray and "cast out demons" in shopping malls??? :huh:

Possession is not being discussed here and you keep bringing it up. The guy is not possessed but he does have a power demon dwelling in him. I think that he knows and can acknowledge for himself whether this is true or not...

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Angelina

The word exorcism was used in the opening post and I took it as meaning possession

I hear charismatic catch phrases such as "deliverance ministries" for over 25 years
Yet there seems to be a shortage of people who were actually delivered

"Power demon" appears to be a new charismatic catch phrase
I am curious who came up with it and why

Fr. Malachi Martin (a real exorcist) was constantly being told about some guy on some stage somewhere who could bonk people on the head and remove demons.

Or some person who simply said a quick prayer and the demons fled.

His reply was always .... "Gee ... I wish it was that easy"
Personally I wish it was that easy too , but evidence is scarce.

Everything Malachi Martin wrote about was backed up by evidence and credible witness testimony

It is not my desire to be critical of anyone , it is just that after hearing thousands of claims by charismatics without any actual evidence leaves me skeptical 98% of the time

I am charismatic
I once was fooled
But now I'm not

Thank you

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Arnie, I am not going to get into an argument over it...it's pointless. Whether "power demon" is used as a catch phrase or not is irrelevant. The word "exorcism" is also a catch phrase which is not used in the bible but I don't see anyone getting up in arms about that. :)
I also have evidence backed up by testimonies but I guess that is beside the point...

Bless you!

newlife

May 26, 2013
I do not believe that I am possessed in the sense that I am under the total domination of demonic spirits. I believe that there are degrees of demonic affliction. Ephesians 6: 10-18 implies that spiritual warfare is part of the normal Christian experience and is not a rare phenomenon. Some of the cases cited in books like Hostage to the Devil and The Dark Sacrament: True Stories of Modern Day Possession and Exorcism by David Kiely and Christina McKenna are more extreme. The example I cited regarding the clairvoyant knowledge I had about the pastor's wife's pregnancy was to provide evidence that my experience was not delusional as this could not have occurred simply by chance and there are many individuals who can attest to its veracity. To the extent that I have stayed close to God and His Holy Spirit the affliction has been much less and more external then internal. Prayer in combination with obedience has also provided protection from assaults from the enemy. My wife has been seeking to become a Jehovah's Witness, was sexually abused by her father and has experienced other trauma as well. The pull the Jehovah's Witnesses have on her now is much less but I know she is very afflicted and her afflictions have an impact on my life as well.

Elizabeth

Dec 14, 2013
If you cease all mortal sins and change your life by accepting the fullness of the faith i.e. the Catholic faith without compromise; if you make a sincere sacramental confession of all past mortal sins to a validly ordained priest; if you pray the daily Rosary and have devotion to the Mother of God then you would be set free. For "You shall know the truth: and the truth shall make you free" (Jn. 8:32).

Read the Book, The Bible Proves the Teachings of the Catholic Faith by Bro. Peter Dimond and be convinced of the truth that the Catholic faith is necessary for salvation.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Catholic faith is one of many denominations here at CyB Elizabeth. Welcome aboard...CyB is a non-denominational forum whose primary focus is toward Jesus since we can agree that he died on the cross as a ransom for our sins, he rose again and sits on the right-hand of God.... Please read the forum rules if you haven't done so already and welcome again! :)