Exorcisms booming as Christian faith declines

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came across one of these articles when looking up a health article and it caught my eye. The title:
DEMONS really are possessing people, warns psychiatrist, as pure evil sweeps over humanity

Exorcisms booming as Christian faith declines and internet offers easy access to black magic, priests told

DEMONS really are possessing people, warns psychiatrist, as pure evil sweeps over humanity

Is there any doubt we're living in the End Times? This would certainly make it seem so. Even now Lord Jesus, come.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came across one of these articles when looking up a health article and it caught my eye. The title:

Exorcisms booming as Christian faith declines and internet offers easy access to black magic, priests told

Is there any doubt we're living in the End Times? This would certainly make it seem so. Even now Lord Jesus, come.

Priests? From cults and denominations loaded with false doctrine are credible sources?

As for demonic possessions, I agree there increasing and per the Bible have long known they would.

Most assuredly these are the times. The 7th church is dominant.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do we say they are increasing when it seems to have been a very common place occurrence in the Bible? Demons were possessing people all over the place. So much so that Jesus gave his disciples power to cast demons out, as He did all the time, when He sent them out into the world.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do we say they are increasing when it seems to have been a very common place occurrence in the Bible? Demons were possessing people all over the place. So much so that Jesus gave his disciples power to cast demons out, as He did all the time, when He sent them out into the world.

Demon possessions and nothing new. The only thing is very since the numbers and degrees.

There are increasing they will continue to increase into the tribulation.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Demon possessions and nothing new. The only thing is very since the numbers and degrees.

There are increasing they will continue to increase into the tribulation.
Uh...……… Do you suppose the population of the Earth has increased any since Biblical times?

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Priests? From cults and denominations loaded with false doctrine are credible sources?

As for demonic possessions, I agree there increasing and per the Bible have long known they would.

Most assuredly these are the times. The 7th church is dominant.
You said what I had previously asked about on another thread. The Pope throws the demonic hand signs and we know of other false doctrines in Catholicism, so how could they perform exorcisms? The only thing I could surmise was that there are truly dedicated Christians who are Catholics. I was reading somewhere that the illuminati was looking to infiltrate the Catholic faith, and said that they just had to "wait for the right pope."

What is the 7th church?

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that's true - I think they mean that possessions are increasing in modern times. I think that years ago more people attended church and America was a quite different place. As our society has grown more godless, I think it invites the proliferation of evil.

Reactions: Willie T

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It would seem that there was a spike in demonic activity on earth at the same time that the Son of God was on earth. We don't know the reason, but it could be that since Satan failed to tempt Christ, he tried to show his power through an increase in demon-possession and oppression.

We do not see this kind of activity in the OT, although there is no doubt that demons have been plaguing people ever since the Flood. Paul identified all the pagan false gods as demons, and occultism and shamanism have existed in every part of the world, particularly in the primitive regions, and they continue to be powerful in Haiti, Africa, etc.

Because of the secular humanism which pervades Western societies something which gets overlooked today is the connection between psychiatric problems and demonic activity. Mental health practitioners are trained to ignore the spiritual altogether, and use medications to deal with spiritual issues (with zero results). But schizophrenia and similar disorders seem to be demonic, and many criminals who committed very evil deeds claimed that they heard voices telling them to do whatever they did.

Over the last few decades, there can be no doubt that Islamist fundamentalism and jihad are controlled by Satan and his demons, since the atrocities committed by the jihadists can only come from totally evil hearts possessed by demons. Ayatollah Khomeini was probably possessed by Satan, as was evident in his face, his demeanor, and his proclamations. But the ignorant and foolish Western politicians could not grasp what he was saying, and hundreds of thousands of innocent lives have been lost because of this stupidity. The Koran was a very clever production of the devil masquerading as Jibril/Jibreel (the angel Gabriel). Some claim that Islam is an invention of the Catholic church (which may or may not be true), but there is no doubt that Mohammad was familiar with Roman Catholicism, since the Koran refers to it obliquely.

However, it is interesting to note that it is the Catholic Church which leads in *exorcisms*, even while they do not hold to Bible Christianity. In any event, this is another indicator that Satan's influence on earth will grow until the Antichrist is revealed.

B

brakelite

However, it is interesting to note that it is the Catholic Church which leads in *exorcisms*, even while they do not hold to Bible Christianity. In any event, this is another indicator that Satan's influence on earth will grow until the Antichrist is revealed.
Satan will use any means possible to deceive the masses. Even to the point of pretending to come out of people at the demand of Catholic priests... Just to make his counterfeit look good.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In the Gospels it was certainly common place. But you must remember that Israel was a nation that had rejected God. Thus demonic possession was found everywhere. So it will be now also. The more a people reject God and Jesus Christ, the more open they are to demonic possession.

Stranger

Reactions: Soverign Grace
B

brakelite

I believe things will escalate further to the point of demons walking the streets openly. Masquerading as humans, speaking soft soothing words and leading those who don't know their God nor His word, into greater deception.

Reactions: Helen

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would seem that there was a spike in demonic activity on earth at the same time that the Son of God was on earth. We don't know the reason, but it could be that since Satan failed to tempt Christ, he tried to show his power through an increase in demon-possession and oppression.

We do not see this kind of activity in the OT, although there is no doubt that demons have been plaguing people ever since the Flood. Paul identified all the pagan false gods as demons, and occultism and shamanism have existed in every part of the world, particularly in the primitive regions, and they continue to be powerful in Haiti, Africa, etc.

Because of the secular humanism which pervades Western societies something which gets overlooked today is the connection between psychiatric problems and demonic activity. Mental health practitioners are trained to ignore the spiritual altogether, and use medications to deal with spiritual issues (with zero results). But schizophrenia and similar disorders seem to be demonic, and many criminals who committed very evil deeds claimed that they heard voices telling them to do whatever they did.

Over the last few decades, there can be no doubt that Islamist fundamentalism and jihad are controlled by Satan and his demons, since the atrocities committed by the jihadists can only come from totally evil hearts possessed by demons. Ayatollah Khomeini was probably possessed by Satan, as was evident in his face, his demeanor, and his proclamations. But the ignorant and foolish Western politicians could not grasp what he was saying, and hundreds of thousands of innocent lives have been lost because of this stupidity. The Koran was a very clever production of the devil masquerading as Jibril/Jibreel (the angel Gabriel). Some claim that Islam is an invention of the Catholic church (which may or may not be true), but there is no doubt that Mohammad was familiar with Roman Catholicism, since the Koran refers to it obliquely.

I've read that Haiti is bad with it. Satanism has gone somewhat mainstream - something no one would have done years ago when church played a more central part in Americans' lives. My husband and I went to the city and I saw a shop with angels in the display window so we walked in. I should have looked closer. There was a girl dressed in black with a satanic necklace, she had a black cat walking around the store, and I looked down the hallway and they had all these mannequin hands sticking out of the wall in the hallway. I got the worst feeling there and got my husband and got out.

I fully agree about psychologists not being trained to recognize spiritual causes of mental illness - they're doing a grave injustice by not studying demonology. I read several books on dealing with spiritual attacks, and when I took psychology I shared some material with my professor. To her credit, she was open minded and took the material I shared. I think evil spirits play a much greater role than most people think, in everyone's lives - including and maybe even especially, Christians. I've been reading a book by Francis Frangipane that is opening my eyes.

That's exactly what I said: how can the Catholic church, where the Pope is a Luciferian, and their doctrine be unbiblical, be the leader in exorcisms? The only thing that makes sense is that there are some spiritually regenerated priests.

Reactions: Enoch111

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan will use any means possible to deceive the masses. Even to the point of pretending to come out of people at the demand of Catholic priests... Just to make his counterfeit look good.
That's a good point. We have to realize that we're dealing with a very subtle, very dangerous, very wily enemy. He deceives on top of deceives. We're living in treacherous times. I think that every time I get weak in the knees from reading the news. It's a wonder all of us aren't diagnosed with PTSD after reading it.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe things will escalate further to the point of demons walking the streets openly. Masquerading as humans, speaking soft soothing words and leading those who don't know their God nor His word, into greater deception.
That's a frightening thought but so is the thought that they're all about us even though we can't see them. Can demons take on a human form? I spoke with a demonologist when I was looking to have someone cleanse a house one of my family members had bought, and he told me that wherever any type of evil is practiced it invites the demons to reside there. That might be why there is such an uptick in activity. Look at the proliferation of sin today as opposed to back in the 50's. I really wish God would finalize it. I just don't know how much worse things can get. I keep feeling like something is going to happen - I wish it would.

B

brakelite

That's a frightening thought but so is the thought that they're all about us even though we can't see them. Can demons take on a human form? I spoke with a demonologist when I was looking to have someone cleanse a house one of my family members had bought, and he told me that wherever any type of evil is practiced it invites the demons to reside there. That might be why there is such an uptick in activity. Look at the proliferation of sin today as opposed to back in the 50's. I really wish God would finalize it. I just don't know how much worse things can get. I keep feeling like something is going to happen - I wish it would.
Demons, no matter what form they may take, are powerless against anyone who knows and understands Truth as is revealed in scripture, and doesn't lean on his own wisdom and understanding or opinion.
For example. What kind of defense does the modern Christian have if a demon was to appear as the spirit/ghost/whatever of a departed spouse, and start speaking of things only the married couple were familiar with. How does one know this 'person' is either fake, or real?

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Demons, no matter what form they may take, are powerless against anyone who knows and understands Truth as is revealed in scripture, and doesn't lean on his own wisdom and understanding or opinion.
For example. What kind of defense does the modern Christian have if a demon was to appear as the spirit/ghost/whatever of a departed spouse, and start speaking of things only the married couple were familiar with. How does one know this 'person' is either fake, or real?
I've had some pretty bad attacks by people inhabited with demons so I wouldn't say they're powerless. Our neighbor was on drugs and came after my husband and I with a wrench. She had superhuman strength and two big cops couldn't hold her down. She hacked my husband with it. That was many years ago when I first became a Christian and I've had many attacks in one form or another since then with one of the last demonic attacks being two state troopers who falsely accused me of being impaired when my handicapped placard was visible in my car. It was demonic. They tried forcing me to say I was guilty and kept me tied up for a year when I was dealing with overwhelming health challenges. I never knew how corrupt things were. I won in the end but it was one of the worst spiritual attacks I've had - but I've had a number of bad ones. Then, a sister I had been close to turned into a monster when named Executrix. She tried keeping money from my inheritance. It was unreal - an attack that came from the last person I would have thought. I had to battle that for almost a full year. I prevailed again but it wasn't without a heavy struggle. I've been dealing with a physical attack - I was severely injured in a medical mishap and almost every day I fight despair. So I don't think we're dealing with a foe with no power. I think sometimes we have to wrestle and wrestle hard - that's been my experience. And what about the martyrs? They dealt with evil unto death. I cry out like the saints under the altar asking God to avenge blood. I was reading last night about children being molested in juvenile centers - what could be more demonic? It made me sick for hours after reading it. There is real evil being thrust upon the most vulnerable among us, even if we ourselves are in a secure spot, safe from it. But I don't see a real lot of Christians getting involved. What I have seen are Christians baking cakes for bible studies, and being missionaries, and staying in their own cliques. I was in a church where the pastor asked us to donate so the children there could go to Christian school yet never once asked us if we needed help to send our children to Christian school. It was a joke. I told my husband to stop giving to it. It was ridiculous. I saw so much in churches. I don't see a lot of Christians down in the dirt of life trying to help the less fortunate. I've been in many denominations and I never saw it.

I began writing to prisoners as a ministry in accordance with Christ's warnings: "I was in prison and ye didn't visit me..." and the stories are heartbreaking. I can't even do it sometimes. I've had two letters sitting there unable to respond to until I gain more emotional strength. Sometimes the worst people are those on the outside of the prison and in respectable positions. America has the highest rate of incarceration. The privately-owned prisons actually lobby congress to enact stricter laws to put more people in prison. That's demonic.

What really bothers me is that a friend has literally sailed through life with no attacks and I've had them one after another. I read that Satan goes after those who are the biggest threat to him but that doesn't help to alleviate the feeling of being unfairly dealt with.

I wouldn't trust an apparition of a dead person because it's forbidden to communicate with the dead.

One of my family members lived in a demonized house. They saw figures moving through the house, the TV would turn on by itself, and one of the people there was choked. They left a recorder in one of the rooms and the unearthly sounds and voices that were recorded sent a chill down my spine. They moved out and I tried to get someone to cleanse it but couldn't. I talked to an exorcist who told me there is an increase in calls for cleansing houses. The funny thing was that I was against the house from the start but no one would listen. It turned out to be a disaster. I didn't realize it at the time, but it was probably my spirit that sensed something.

Last edited:
B

brakelite

I've had some pretty bad attacks by people inhabited with demons so I wouldn't say they're powerless. Our neighbor was on drugs and came after my husband and I with a wrench. She had superhuman strength and two big cops couldn't hold her down. She hacked my husband with it. That was many years ago when I first became a Christian and I've had many attacks in one form or another since then with one of the last demonic attacks being two state troopers who falsely accused me of being impaired when my handicapped placard was visible in my car. It was demonic. They tried forcing me to say I was guilty and kept me tied up for a year when I was dealing with overwhelming health challenges. I never knew how corrupt things were. I won in the end but it was one of the worst spiritual attacks I've had - but I've had a number of bad ones. Then, a sister I had been close to turned into a monster when named Executrix. She tried keeping money from my inheritance. It was unreal - an attack that came from the last person I would have thought. I had to battle that for almost a full year. I prevailed again but it wasn't without a heavy struggle. I've been dealing with a physical attack - I was severely injured in a medical mishap and almost every day I fight despair. So I don't think we're dealing with a foe with no power. I think sometimes we have to wrestle and wrestle hard - that's been my experience. And what about the martyrs? They dealt with evil unto death. I cry out like the saints under the altar asking God to avenge blood. I was reading last night about children being molested in juvenile centers - what could be more demonic? It made me sick for hours after reading it. There is real evil being thrust upon the most vulnerable among us, even if we ourselves are in a secure spot, safe from it. But I don't see a real lot of Christians getting involved. What I have seen are Christians baking cakes for bible studies, and being missionaries, and staying in their own cliques. I was in a church where the pastor asked us to donate so the children there could go to Christian school yet never once asked us if we needed help to send our children to Christian school. It was a joke. I told my husband to stop giving to it. It was ridiculous. I saw so much in churches. I don't see a lot of Christians down in the dirt of life trying to help the less fortunate. I've been in many denominations and I never saw it.

I began writing to prisoners as a ministry in accordance with Christ's warnings: "I was in prison and ye didn't visit me..." and the stories are heartbreaking. I can't even do it sometimes. I've had two letters sitting there unable to respond to until I gain more emotional strength. Sometimes the worst people are those on the outside of the prison and in respectable positions. America has the highest rate of incarceration. The privately-owned prisons actually lobby congress to enact stricter laws to put more people in prison. That's demonic.

What really bothers me is that a friend has literally sailed through life with no attacks and I've had them one after another. I read that Satan goes after those who are the biggest threat to him but that doesn't help to alleviate the feeling of being unfairly dealt with.

I wouldn't trust an apparition of a dead person because it's forbidden to communicate with the dead.

One of my family members lived in a demonized house. They saw figures moving through the house, the TV would turn on by itself, and one of the people there was choked. They left a recorder in one of the rooms and the unearthly sounds and voices that were recorded sent a chill down my spine. They moved out and I tried to get someone to cleanse it but couldn't. I talked to an exorcist who told me there is an increase in calls for cleansing houses. The funny thing was that I was against the house from the start but no one would listen. It turned out to be a disaster. I didn't realize it at the time, but it was probably my spirit that sensed something.
My, haven't you fellas led an interesting life. Okay, I've actually been in some of those places myself. Yes, there is certainly the danger of physical opposition, Jesus himself stated categorically that those who lived godly lives would suffer persecution. So when I suggested demons have no power, I meant it in the sense that for those who are well founded in scripture and have a solid relationship with the Lord, their spiritual lives will continue to strengthen, and the greatest weapon the enemy has, deception, is ineffective.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My, haven't you fellas led an interesting life. Okay, I've actually been in some of those places myself. Yes, there is certainly the danger of physical opposition, Jesus himself stated categorically that those who lived godly lives would suffer persecution. So when I suggested demons have no power, I meant it in the sense that for those who are well founded in scripture and have a solid relationship with the Lord, their spiritual lives will continue to strengthen, and the greatest weapon the enemy has, deception, is ineffective.
I hope I didn't come off wrong - I always like your posts as they've really helped me understand a lot. I have just been through so much. I cringe when I hear pastors make claims that haven't been borne out in truth - in my life anyway. I know others have been through things too. The pastor of the one church lost his wife to suicide, and I've known other believers who have had some bad things happen. It just doesn't seem like the hardships are evenly distributed. I see a friend of mine sailing through life and I'm constantly reciting Psalm 73 and it feels unfair. God seems to bless some with an easy life and it doesn't jive with Him being a just God. I'm still working my beliefs out.

I always disliked that verse you quoted about persecution:) I guess we all want the easy road.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who cast out demons and shout my name, depart from me for I never knew you!