Ezekiel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
SwampFox and Kriss,A friend asked me to ask you if you know what the vehicle was in Ezekiel. I had heard the answer before but I can't remember it. This friend is wondering why God needed a vehicle ( like a UFO ) to travel to earth when he didn't need one in the other books of the Bible.If you or Kriss know the answer, it would be greatly appreciated.This friend is having some doubt because of it and I know there is an answer that would explain it to most anyone's satisfaction.Thanks in advance!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I understood it to be a vehicle that carries THE THRONE OF GOD not God himself.However I would be interested in what Jewish teaching on this is if anyone knows

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best explanation I can give is God is playing by the rules he created for this world in carrying the throne. The answer why is in that's how he chose to do it. For example, God appeared in Genesis as a man (angel) and then again as the famous "burning bush" to Moses.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I can't prove this but I am wondering if it has something to do with God foretelling us all things and the end times and his Kingdom being on earth a King needs a Throne.Coming as King of Kings should have a Throne from Gods kingdom? This is just a train of thought not scripture.but then again I could be way off base this is why I would like to know Jewish teaching on this guess I will try to look it up get back to you if I find anything.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Here's something I never heard put this way before that may or may not hold any clues THRONES (Ophanim or Galgallin) In Jewish Merkabah lore these angels are described as the great "wheels" or the "many eyed ones". The Hebrew Galgal has a double meaningof wheels and "oupil of the eye". Strangely, while the Cherubim appear to be God's charioteers, the Ophanim seem to be the actual chariots. Ezekeil describled them as having four wings and two flaming wheels covered in eyes. And their whole appearence being like burning coal.

Broken Crusader

Oct 14, 2006
When shabbas is over, I'll call my friend Johnny, until then, a quick search on the internet shows that most people just accept that God is riding a chariot of sorts. One reference supposes that an ancient hebrew scribe was attempting to use imagery that the reader of the day would relate to, such as zeus, apollo or helios and added to Ezekiel's prophecy. Just what I read.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
that would be great if you could ask your friend but I'm beginning to think you are pretty close. reading of psalm 104:3 might help

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Thank you SwampFox, Kriss and Broken Crusader.My friend listened to your answers as I read them off to him and said, " I'm grateful for the answers, I should have never read the book, The Chariots of the Gods by Von Dunican ( sp ) because it's the only real doubt I have about the Bible."It's about aliens visiting earth in ancient times and all thru history and today in space ships aka UFOs. He was younger when he read the book and although he is a Christian it sometimes plants doubts in his mind. ( please pray with me that God removes the doubts. Thanks )Anything further you have to offer is greatly appreciated.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it's my belief UFOs may very well have something to do with the end of the earth. As a culture we are obsessed with them and I think that will play right into the hands of Satan. Angels commonly moved with some sort of method of conveyance because they too are bound by the world that God created.The thing is, it talks about the deceit of the latter days. What's going to fool more people, a man claiming to be Christ or a man from a UFO claiming to be all of the gods and religions in history? Plays right into the hands of this one religion nonsense as well.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I also believe as Swampfox has stated above that UFO's could play a large part of the deception of the end times.Most peoples of the world would be more likely to believe in Aliens than God.Remember the warnings the delusions to believe a lie will be so strong that if God didn't shorten the time none would be left.Fallen Angels masquerading as aliens and being super natural to boot could very well cause strong delusions.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Oh I agree, the antichrist will not be born of woman but probably a UFO being , as Satan is supernatural. And it will be like the days of Noah; the fallen angels ( supernatural ) will be living as they did then. What trips my friend up is that in Ezekiel, God comes in a space ship and he wonders why a space ship is necessary when God can travel any which way he wants. ( he was brought up with the "I dream of Jeanie TV program", where Jeanie just blinks and like magic whatever she wants appears.) I said the vehicle was needed this time because of God bringing his throne, but I couldn't remember the rest as I heard the explaination some time ago .Because they have rejected God, he will send strong delusion and if possible, even the elect would be persuaded. ( But it's not possible, as no one can snatch a believer out of the hand of God ).The antichrist will pretend that he is Christ and nearly all the world will believe. In fact many have the mark of the beast already!!.