Ezekiel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Aunty Jane i thought of you when I read this…:)

The River From the Temple

47 The man brought me back to the entrance to the temple, and I saw water coming out from under the threshold of the temple toward the east (for the temple faced east). The water was coming down from under the south side of the temple, south of the altar. 2 He then brought me out through the north gate and led me around the outside to the outer gate facing east, and the water was trickling from the south side.
3 As the man went eastward with a measuring line in his hand, he measured off a thousand cubits and then led me through water that was ankle-deep. 4 He measured off another thousand cubits and led me through water that was knee-deep. He measured off another thousand and led me through water that was up to the waist. 5 He measured off another thousand, but now it was a river that I could not cross, because the water had risen and was deep enough to swim in—a river that no one could cross. 6 He asked me, “Son of man, do you see this?”

Then he led me back to the bank of the river.7 When I arrived there, I saw a great number of trees on each side of the river. 8 He said to me, “This water flows toward the eastern region and goes down into the Arabah, where it enters the Dead Sea. When it empties into the sea, the salty water there becomes fresh.9 Swarms of living creatures will live wherever the river flows. There will be large numbers of fish, because this water flows there and makes the salt water fresh; so where the river flows everything will live. 10 Fishermen will stand along the shore; from En Gedi to En Eglaim there will be places for spreading nets. The fish will be of many kinds—like the fish of the Mediterranean Sea. 11 But the swamps and marshes will not become fresh; they will be left for salt. 12 Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear fruit, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing.”

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a river no one can cross…
The trees have leaves for healing. Healing what?

Reactions: Lambano

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think it’s talking about the Euphrates in that passage.

But wow…

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But wow…

me neither. ❤️Isaiah 61:1-3 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; [2] To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; [3] To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

John 15:8-11 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Last edited:
Reactions: stunnedbygrace

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a river no one can cross…
The trees have leaves for healing. Healing what?

I see this as a dual prophecy in the natural and the Spiritual world. In The natural world, The Judean date palm comes to mind as well as other plants.

Quote from an article on this:
Sallon says that plant genomes from the past, like the ancient date palm in Israel, could be used to tackle diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and cancer. Gleaning some clues from old books by Maimonides, Pliny the Elder and Arab doctors such as Saleh, Sallon’s staff is working like detectives to uncover these secrets so they can be applied in the modern world."
Natural healing from Israel’s land and sea - ISRAEL21c

In the Spiritual this is speaking of the restoration of the Spirit to the nation of Israel, first with minority, the 144K and then Repentance spreads from each house of Israel, till a deep river of life giving and healing water flows there once again. See Zechariah 12:10-12

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For those who want a parallel parable that Jesus told, that mirrors in some part to the Prophecy in Ezekiel 47:1-12, both passages provide a timeline of the events that takes place.

I would suggest that the Ezekiel prophecy is speaking of a 4,000 year time span from when the stream begins flowing out from under the Altar until it cascades down into the land below to bring healing to it. No where in these two parallel passages is there mention of Israel at all.

Earlier in Ezekiel God promises to gather Israel and will plant them in the fertile field of Christ and that He will teach them on the Christ Centred Religion and in Daniel 2:35 we are told that "And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth."

We need to meditate much on what we read and allow the meaning of the respective passages to be revealed to us in God's timing. Even for me.

Shalom

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Aunty Jane i thought of you when I read this…:)
Sorry for the delay in responding SbG, I have had a busy day...:p

Ezekiel's prophesy is actually what we have been studying lately....

Christ’s dying for the whole of mankind and balancing the scale upset by Adam's disobedience is called the “ransom” arrangement. (Matthew 20:28) Its like someone sentenced to be shot by a firing squad and someone stepping in front of us to take the bullet for us. Christ ransomed us out of sin and death by giving his own life in exchange for ours.

By applying the value of Jesus’ ransom to mankind, our dying condition caused by sin—including death itself—can be cured. This healing process is described figuratively in the last book of the Bible: “On this side of the river and on that side there were trees of life producing twelve crops of fruit, yielding their fruits each month. And the leaves of the trees were for the curing of the nations.” (Revelation 22:2) This prophesy in Revelation is close to the wording of the prophesy in Ezekiel 47 and means the same thing.

Imagine! A figurative river of water of life flowing between trees of life with their leaves, all for the healing of mankind. These divinely inspired symbols represent God’s provision for restoring mankind to perfection on the basis of Jesus’ ransom sacrifice.

Do you remember what the original "tree of life" was for in the Garden of Eden? It was to there to guarantee everlasting life to earth's inhabitants. It was freely available for Adam and his wife until their disobedience, when God took away access to this tree and allowed death to overtake them.....the penalty for their sin.

But this is in the future....and not just one tree, but a row of trees 'yielding their fruits each month and the leaves were for the curing of the nations'.....the effects of which are reflected in Revelation 21:2-4...
"I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

What we lost in the beginning, is returned to us in the end....so again humankind will live forever in peace and happiness on earth in paradise conditions, with nothing and no one to threaten their future ever again. The "meek" as Jesus said "would inherit the earth"...but not an earth corrupted and polluted by man. This will be a restored paradise....

God is going to be with "mankind" here on earth by means of the establishment of his Kingdom over them. This is what he purposed in the beginning and what he had intended to accomplish in the end. (Isaiah 55:11)

Wonderful hope, isn't it? :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I had seen it’s parallel in Revelation. I wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts. Thanks everyone.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
me neither. ❤️Isaiah 61:1-3 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; [2] To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; [3] To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

John 15:8-11 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
Hi @VictoryinJesus Happy new year to you guys!

The John 15 passage reminds me also of the passage in John 21 where the Lord Jesus told His disciples to let down their net and so many fish entered that the net was not big enough for them...

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is going to be with "mankind" here on earth by means of the establishment of his Kingdom over them. This is what he purposed in the beginning and what he had intended to accomplish in the end. (Isaiah 55:11)

curious why “God is going to be with mankind” in Revelation 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

another verse says “I will walk in them” how does God walk in them? Could it be “in Him we move and have our being”? If Futuristic then why “abide in Me and I in you” where without Me you can do nothing. How else is Fruit unto Life Bourne if not by His dwelling with them?

considering the trees, planted of the Lord …by the Water or River of Life. what of come and drink of the water of Life and you shall be filled, drink of Me and bear Life? What of you have “Bourne” “to bear” death, come drink of the Water that proceeds abundantly out from the Throne of God (clear as crystal?) as you ALSO shall bear His Image (God is Spirit) before the nations? Where the passage says “for healing of the nations” …what fruits have the power to heal, could those fruits be the fruit of the Spirit: love, Joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, Faith (for the Fruit of the Spirit (Life) is in all goodness and righteousness and truth.) what other Fruit would the Tree of Life yield, bear, yield in ‘their season’ as Paul said whether in season or out of season, where Matthew 21:41 begins with “when the Lord thereof the vineyard comes what will he do to the husbandmen?” They replied “He will miserably destroy the wicked, and let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen which shall render (bear) him fruits in their seasons.” the kingdom of God shall be taken from you and given to a nation bring forth fruits.

point is no where is the fruits spoken of as oranges and apples on literal trees, but they are spoken of as trees which bear fruits…even when Jesus Christ saw the fig tree and what was the tree lacking? Of at that season the husband might receive the fruit of the vineyard….But they beat him and sent him away empty.

He left us not without witness.
He gave us rain from Heaven,
And fruitful seasons. (What is the Fruit in fruitful seasons, what Fruit comes from nourished and grown up in He gave rain from Heaven”?)

point is all those Fruits listed as being Fruits of the Spirit of God. What else “fruit” was Jesus Christ looking for on the fig tree? Did He wither the fig tree only for no literal figs, or because there was only leaves yet No fruit.

How then is He not with them and dwells with them if there be any Fruit at all because Fruit needs water which water of Life, He is? How can He not dwell with them when His seed abides and remains in him …or is it true His seed does not abide? …but will one day? Only an opinion but you said “This is what he purposed in the beginning and what he had intended to accomplish in the end”…what he intended to accomplish in the end is “that you bear fruit” and Glorify God who has given His Spirit unto you?

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But wow…

Wasn't actually saying the river you are speaking of is the Euphrates, just an illustration showing they can dry up. I actually think the Euphrates will have much to do with Armageddon, have a vague memory of a teaching a long time ago in a bible study talking about this...and that was when there was a whole lot more water in it. Something about a comparison to the OT Babylon? Sorry, cannot remember the verses as it was in the 1990's.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 21:40-45 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? [41] They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons. [42] Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? [43] Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. [44] And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. [45] And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.

Only sharing an opinion on the above. Considering where Jesus Christ said “I come to not destroy but they may have Life and have it abundantly.”

in the above the Pharisees are talking with him. They tell Him the Lord will miserable destroy and take the kingdom from them and give it to others bearing fruit. He warns them the Kingdom of God will indeed be taken away from them. As He also warned he who saves His life will loose it, but he looses his life will save it.

BUT He also said “I come not to destroy but that they might have Life abundantly”. The chief priest and Pharisees heard his parables, and perceived he spoke of them. Jesus Christ said no one takes My life from Me,
John 10:17-20 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. [18] No man takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. [19] There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings. [20] And many of them said, He has a devil, and is mad; why hear you him?
Consider the verses of He who saves his life will loose it(it will be taken from him), but he who gives it will preserve it.

The Pharisees and chief priest told him “the Lord will miserably destroy them and take the kingdom of God away from them and give it to those rendering fruit”

is that true? Did Jesus Christ say I take it from you? when He came to not destroy but that they may have life and have it abundant? Was it their refusal to give their life that it might be preserved where He warned “He who saves his life will loose it(it will be taken) but he who gives … the same bears much Fruit?
Revelation 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold fast which you have, that no man take your crown. ? That no man take your crown of rejoicing … “you are our crown of rejoicing” you in His presence?

point is, the Pharisees and Chief priest spoke of the kingdom of God being taken from them and given to other who would render fruit

Jesus Christ said no man takes My life from Me…but I lay it down of myself, My Father loves Me, for no man takes it from Me but instead I have the power to lay it down and take it up again…that their be fruit? “I come not to destroy” or take but that they might have Life abundant” …and your joy no man takes away from you.

the thief comes to steal (take) kill and destroy. Luke 17:33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

The question then being, since “whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it” pertaining to the verse where the Pharisees and chief priest said the kingdom of God would be taken from them and let out to other husbandmen….that implies they lost their life in saying it was taken from them and given out to others….does that mean by loosing their life and it given to others, did they by loosing their life, preserve their life?

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
curious why “God is going to be with mankind” in Revelation 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
You have given me a lot to address here ViJ.....here goes...

The Revelation vision was yet future.....this was the time after Christ has judged mankind and cleared away all vestiges of wickedness, when the subjects of his Kingdom will enjoy the blessings of Revelation 21:3-4.

The Bible speaks of two separate groups....ones chosen (elected) for positions of rulership and priesthood in heaven (Revelation 20:6)......and then there are those who will be their subjects on earth. John saw these two groups.....one numbered (144,000 “bought from among mankind as firstfruits”. Rev 14:1-5) and another group (an unnumbered “great multitude”) who had “washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the lamb” (Revelation 7:9-10, 13-14) who are seen as survivors of the “great tribulation.”

another verse says “I will walk in them” how does God walk in them? Could it be “in Him we move and have our being”? If Futuristic then why “abide in Me and I in you” where without Me you can do nothing. How else is Fruit unto Life Bourne if not by His dwelling with them?
How has God always walked with his children? How did he walk with Adam and his wife in Eden?
Since human contact directly with God would mean certain death for material creatures, God has always spoken by his appointed representatives....sometimes these were angelic and at other time humans were appointed and directed by his spirit to act on his behalf. (Like Moses and the prophets of old)
As the LOGOS, (one who spoke God’s words) Jesus would most likely have filled that role many times.

considering the trees, planted of the Lord …by the Water or River of Life. what of come and drink of the water of Life and you shall be filled, drink of Me and bear Life?
It is the trees that provide the healing for the nations.
Revelation 22:17...
“And the spirit and the bride keep on saying, “Come!” and let anyone hearing say, “Come!” and let anyone thirsting come; let anyone who wishes take life’s water free.”

The “water” Jesus provides is given to all who want to partake of it....free. We are to give the invitation to everyone who wants to receive it right now......but as with all of God’s provisions, conditions apply, as they have since the beginning. If we wish to partake of what God offers, we must obey him in all things. It is what he has commanded from the beginning. Continued life in Eden was guaranteed but only if they obeyed their Creator.

Where the passage says “for healing of the nations” …what fruits have the power to heal, could those fruits be the fruit of the Spirit: love, Joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, Faith (for the Fruit of the Spirit (Life) is in all goodness and righteousness and truth.) what other Fruit would the Tree of Life yield, bear, yield in ‘their season’ as Paul said whether in season or out of season, where Matthew 21:41 begins with “when the Lord thereof the vineyard comes what will he do to the husbandmen?” They replied “He will miserably destroy the wicked, and let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen which shall render (bear) him fruits in their seasons.” the kingdom of God shall be taken from you and given to a nation bring forth fruits.
You are mashing up a lot of scripture there. The fruitage of the spirit is seen in the thoughts and actions of Christ’s disciples. It is how we discern the operation of God’s spirit in ourselves....not as some kind of emotional experience, but as the ongoing influence of God’s spirit in our lives, every day manifesting and improving this fruitage.

The parable of the vineyard is another matter. This pictured the Jews rejection of Jesus as Messiah.
After murdering his son, the owner of the vineyard has those murderers punished, and lets it out to those who will give the Master his due. Ones who will produce the fruitage that the Master expects. Literal Israel failed to produce the fruits. Spiritual Israel was formed when both Jewish and Gentile Christians made up “the Israel of God”. (Galatians 6:16) No longer a fleshly nation in one geographical location, but the beginnings of a global nation where nationality no longer mattered. (Acts 10:34-35)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Part 2
point is no where is the fruits spoken of as oranges and apples on literal trees, but they are spoken of as trees which bear fruits…even when Jesus Christ saw the fig tree and what was the tree lacking? Of at that season the husband might receive the fruit of the vineyard….But they beat him and sent him away empty.
The fig tree was another illustration highlighting the failure of the Jews to produce the fruits the Father was expecting.....so he pronounced sentence on the tree in a figurative way.

point is all those Fruits listed as being Fruits of the Spirit of God. What else “fruit” was Jesus Christ looking for on the fig tree? Did He wither the fig tree only for no literal figs, or because there was only leaves yet No fruit.
It had not produced any fruit. Those who were cultivators of orchards would not keep an unproductive tree taking up space where a productive one would produce fruit.
As John the Baptist said of the Pharisees.....
“The ax is already lying at the root of the trees. Every tree, then, that does not produce fine fruit is to be cut down and thrown into the fire.” (Matthew 3:10)

How then is He not with them and dwells with them if there be any Fruit at all because Fruit needs water which water of Life, He is? How can He not dwell with them
It is understanding who is being spoken to, and what it means for the two groups to experience the different operations of God’s spirit. An indwelling of God’s spirit gives his anointed ones (his elect) a very different experience to those who are not anointed, but still guided and directed by it. One group makes up the “faithful and wise slave” whom Jesus appointed to “feed” his fellow slaves their “food at the proper time”. (Matthew 24:45) These are all slaves of the Master, but those appointed to “feed” and “shepherd”, (like the apostle Peter in John 21:17) have a special assignment. It does not elevate them above their fellows, but simply means more responsibility in carrying out their assignment.

Only an opinion but you said “This is what he purposed in the beginning and what he had intended to accomplish in the end”…what he intended to accomplish in the end is “that you bear fruit” and Glorify God who has given His Spirit unto you
God’s first purpose for mankind was to live on this lovingly prepared planet forever. That is what Genesis tells us, but their continued life in perfection, without sin, suffering, pain or death was altered by their disobedience....not only for themselves but for all their future children. Adam and his wife both disobeyed their Creator, but for different reasons.

Paul tells us that “the woman was thoroughly deceived and came to be in transgression” (1 Timothy 2:14) but Adam was not deceived. He chose to eat of the fruit in order to join his wife in rebellion, which was a wilful and deliberate choice to side with his wife rather than obeying his God. That is why the sin of mankind is said to be through Adam, not Eve. (Romans 5:12)

Both paid for their choices because there was no excuse to believe a serpent over their Creator. But Adam did not respond to the serpent...he responded to his wife. Satan had deliberately targeted the woman when she was alone, in order to force Adam to make an awful choice....thereby creating his favourite tactic...”divide and conquer”...it’s worked for him ever since.

Unpacking the big picture is difficult without the tantalising details that fill in the blanks.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have given me a lot to address here ViJ.....here goes...

I understand. I’ve confused myself. Mainly I was asking what is the Fruit of the Tree of Life? You said it is not emotion…I didn’t mean to imply it was by bringing up: peace, joy, long-suffering, gentleness, patience, Faith, righteousness and truth in the Holy Spirit.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I understand. I’ve confused myself. Mainly I was asking what is the Fruit of the Tree of Life? You said it is not emotion…I didn’t mean to imply it was by bringing up: peace, joy, long-suffering, gentleness, patience, Faith, righteousness and truth in the Holy Spirit.
The fruit of the original "tree of life" in the Garden of Eden was not named, and neither was the fruit of "the tree of knowledge of good and evil". It was not the variety of the fruit itself that mattered, but what each one represented.

"The tree of life" had no prohibition and was apparently freely available to the humans. Their partaking of it meant unending life with no ageing, sickness or death to spoil their life in paradise...but they had to remain obedient to their God in order to maintain access to it.

But when satan enticed the woman to break God's law, things became reversed. The fruit of the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" that was off limits from day one, had now been stolen....and so the culprits would taste everything that God had withheld from them out of love....never wanting them to experience evil of any kind....but now that they had let that 'genie out of the bottle' there was no sending it back. The tree of life would now be off limits and an angelic guard placed to ensure that no sinful human could ever touch it again until God's object lesson was completed.

To see and experience first hand what a knowledge of good and evil would mean for them, (crime, violence, sickness, suffering and death) why would humanity ever want to go there again? This is why God allowed the humans to be ruled by the 'god' that they chose to obey.
Romans 6:16...
"Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey, either of sin leading to death or of obedience leading to righteousness? "
Telling them wasn't enough...he had to show them why he wanted to keep that knowledge to himself.

This is the choice we all have....even today we can choose to obey satan and follow the teachings of the "weeds" he planted centuries ago, or we can search the scriptures for answers that the weeds will never supply. The worship they promote is divided and the fruitage they produce is devoid of peace or unity because of divisions in denominations or even over politics. Since satan rules the world, (1 John 5:19) should we support the agendas and conflicts of governments that are clearly corrupted by him?

The Bible tells us to obey our superior authorities as Jesus and his apostles did, but never to compromise our Christian principles by sharing in, or even approving of the bloodshed in purely political conflicts. We do not want to be like Israel, who disobediently allied themselves with pagan nations instead of trusting in Jehovah....God said to them...
"And when you spread out your palms,
I hide my eyes from you.
Although you offer many prayers,
I am not listening;
Your hands are filled with blood."
(Isaiah 1:15)

You can tell the 'weeds' from the true Christians by how much a "part of the world" they are. (John 18:36; James 4:4)
Not being part of the world would make the world hate them. (John 15:18-21)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The tree of life in the garden was the way to eternal life. And since the way to eternal life is through Jesus, I always thought the tree was Him.