Fact Or Fiction?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Larry Conlley

Jun 29, 2010
I have noticed over a long, long period of time, that the majority of what people on Earth say or write as being factual, is really fiction or just out right incorrect and wrong. I am talking about from your average person on the street and internet forums and reporters on tv on up to all the religious leaders of all religions and the politicians of all countries all over the world. And I have also noticed that they can not or will not be corrected. Even if you prove it to them with out there being any doubt as to the Truth. This is 1 of many reasons there is so much evil everywhere you go.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
I have noticed over a long, long period of time, that the majority of what people on Earth say or write as being factual, is really fiction or just out right incorrect and wrong. I am talking about from your average person on the street and internet forums and reporters on tv on up to all the religious leaders of all religions and the politicians of all countries all over the world. And I have also noticed that they can not or will not be corrected. Even if you prove it to them with out there being any doubt as to the Truth. This is 1 of many reasons there is so much evil everywhere you go.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
"I have no idea what you are trying to say here."Is This Fact or Fiction?

I am thinking, Fiction.

This is the mess of words I can't figure out:

"I have noticed over a long, long period of time, that the majority of what people on Earth say or write as being factual, is really fiction or just out right incorrect and wrong. I am talking about from your average person on the street and internet forums and reporters on tv on up to all the religious leaders of all religions and the politicians of all countries all over the world. And I have also noticed that they can not or will not be corrected. Even if you prove it to them with out there being any doubt as to the Truth. This is 1 of many reasons there is so much evil everywhere you go."

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's quite a broad brush Larry. Would you care to be a little more specific? Some examples might be helpful.

Larry Conlley

Jun 29, 2010
Here is 1 good example I have taken from the New Testament of the Bible.RomansChapter 5/12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: CORRECTED TO BE A CORRECT STATEMENT:Wherefore, as by one WOMAN sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men EXCEPT FOR ENOCH(and there may be others) , for that all have sinned EXCEPT FOR JESUS (and there may be others):

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
The purpose is speaking of mankind, not the literal every man.

Just as you and I today, when we say "all" we rarely mean literally everyone but a specific group of people. I don't know why people change into "uber-ultra-super literal" mode when reading the Bible and throw all their gradeschool education about language out the window.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is 1 good example I have taken from the New Testament of the Bible.RomansChapter 5/12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: CORRECTED TO BE A CORRECT STATEMENT:Wherefore, as by one WOMAN sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men EXCEPT FOR ENOCH(and there may be others) , for that all have sinned EXCEPT FOR JESUS (and there may be others):

So you're taking it upon yourself to correct Scripture?

Larry Conlley

Jun 29, 2010
And I have also noticed that they can not or will not be corrected. Even if you prove it to them with out there being any doubt as to the Truth.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada

Hi Larry

I am going to say that I agree with the observation that less and less people care to be truthful anymore. And it is subtle , it is done at work , in the marketplace, amongst friends , and of course most politicians.

It is like folks want to say whatever is required to protect themselves , or their money , or their careers etc. without any regard to whether they are being truthful or not.

Years ago it seemed like you had out-and-out liars , and then you had people who were always truthful and trustworthy. It was easier to discern between them. Now it is like we have many folks continually telling "little lies" and it doesn't bother them one bit. They care only about themselves , not the truth.

----------------------

As far as what you said about Romans Chapter 5:12 , I do not feel it was incorrect for the author of Romans to say that sin entered the world through one man Adam because if you read carefully you will notice it says Eve ate the fruit first (with no immediate consequences ) but once Adam ate it was then they realized they were naked.

[sup](From Genesis 3 ) ......... 6[/sup] When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. [sup]7[/sup] Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked;

-------------------------

I think that is the correct way to understand it Larry .
That is if you can be corrected .

Best wishes as you seek truth
Martin.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people believe being right is all there is to being a Christian.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hi Larry

I am going to say that I agree with the observation that less and less people care to be truthful anymore. And it is subtle , it is done at work , in the marketplace, amongst friends , and of course most politicians.

It is like folks want to say whatever is required to protect themselves , or their money , or their careers etc. without any regard to whether they are being truthful or not.

Years ago it seemed like you had out-and-out liars , and then you had people who were always truthful and trustworthy. It was easier to discern between them. Now it is like we have many folks continually telling "little lies" and it doesn't bother them one bit. They care only about themselves , not the truth.

----------------------

As far as what you said about Romans Chapter 5:12 , I do not feel it was incorrect for the author of Romans to say that sin entered the world through one man Adam because if you read carefully you will notice it says Eve ate the fruit first (with no immediate consequences ) but once Adam ate it was then they realized they were naked.

[sup](From Genesis 3 ) ......... 6[/sup] When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. [sup]7[/sup] Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked;

-------------------------

I think that is the correct way to understand it Larry .
That is if you can be corrected .

Best wishes as you seek truth
Martin.

I agree with every word.

Behold, the kingdom of lies is at hand.

Once upon a time, the truth would stop a liar in his or her tracks and silence, at least temporarily, their predisposition for further talk.
Today we see an adamant, arrogant and shall I say militant effort on the part of many to subvert, mask, ignore and otherwise deny the truth.

It is evidence of devilish work among us.
We see every day how the children of Satan struggle so bitterly against the truth while the children of light struggle to understand it and live by it.

Larry Conlley

Jun 29, 2010
"I think that is the correct way to understand it Larry . That is if you can be corrected . "You sure put me in my place. Thank you.

timf

Jan 1, 2011
It did not happen.
Only those seeking to cause trouble say that it happened.
No one who is important thinks that it happened.
It might have happened a little and only to someone who was not important.
It could have happen, but it wasn't important.
If it did happen, someone else did it.
Any suggestion that I was involved is just a vicious smear by those seeking to be divisive.
What reason could I possibly have to do it.
If I did do it, it was someone else's fault.
I can't talk about it now, I am going into rehab.
That was something in the past, we need to move forward and not point fingers.
I don't remember it that way.
I have shown great patience putting up with these scurrilous accusations.
It did not happen.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Why would you expect truth from the unsaved. Words are not selected to express truth. They are selected to express feeling or to achieve an objective. In a world where public school has accomplished its objective to replace the Christian religion with the religion of secularism (the worship of man in general and self in particular), why should there be any expectation of truth?

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Larry Conlley

Jun 29, 2010
1 Timothy, Chapter 6,10: For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. HERE IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE . The love of money is NOT the root of all evil.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
"I think that is the correct way to understand it Larry . That is if you can be corrected . "You sure put me in my place. Thank you.

Hi Larry , thank you for your reply.

To tell the truth (there is that word again :) ) I never set out to "put you in your place" . Here is what actually happened :

When I read your opening post ..... "sin entered through the man Adam" .... should actually read .... "sin entered through one woman Eve" I thought for a minute that you are absolutely correct Larry. So I ended up going back to Genesis to re-read the Adam and Eve story and saw the key word "then" as I mentioned earlier.

If not for that key word , you made a good point about a possible "error" in how sin came into mankind..

I admire your careful and deep thinking Larry , Thank you for prompting this discussion.

I find it ironic (speaking for myself) during all my years I never once questioned how sin could enter through Adam , all the while knowing it was Eve who ate first.

Anyway , I learned something , and I thank you Larry. I look forward to the next new thing we can learn together.

And that's the truth :).

Martin.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
It did not happen.
Only those seeking to cause trouble say that it happened.
No one who is important thinks that it happened.
It might have happened a little and only to someone who was not important.
It could have happen, but it wasn't important.
If it did happen, someone else did it.
Any suggestion that I was involved is just a vicious smear by those seeking to be divisive.
What reason could I possibly have to do it.
If I did do it, it was someone else's fault.
I can't talk about it now, I am going into rehab.
That was something in the past, we need to move forward and not point fingers.
I don't remember it that way.
I have shown great patience putting up with these scurrilous accusations.
It did not happen.

Good one Tim , that is so true. Reminds me of a book I read years ago by Vincent Bugliosi (sp) . He was a lawyer and prosecutor and he put Charles Manson behind bars. Anyway in one trial he was up against a difficult defense lawyer who always used courtroom tactics modeled as follow:

Your honor , my client's dog could not be responsible for the injuries he is blamed for because :

**my client's dog is very friendly
**my client's dog does not bite
**my client's dog is always kept in the house
**my client's dog is friendly and meek
**my client's dog has never hurt anyone
**my client does not own a dog

Surf Rider

Dec 17, 2009
in the kingdom of heaven right now
Scripture states that Eve sinned first. Paul wrote that. Scripture states that sin entered the world through Adam. Who wrote that!!!

Both are very true. To consider that one negates the other (pick which ever one you want to call trump color here), is devoid of scriptural understanding of the truths.

It's called authority. It's dealt with throughout the bible, even in 1 Cor. and the authority of God over Christ, Christ over man, man over woman, and the symbol of this that even nature teaches us, and that authority which the angels know very, very well. It seems that many believers don't know it, though.
This is not good for those who profess to know the scriptures. So we see yet again that the scriptures are right in everything, for it says that many will seek Christ but not find him, many will pursue spiritual understanding by "studying" the scriptures but will not get it, etc.. Seems to be so, so true even today. But then again, scripture tells us that mankind doesn't change, so we should have expected that one, too!

Thus, the scriptures are very correct yet again, for it speaks of the hypocrites (it actually uses that word!), the blind and dead and those who listen to doctrines of demons, and they speak of things that they really don't understand, even though they are very well versed in it. Seems to be so, so true even today.

Bingo!

To quote a famous animated pig, "Back to your lives, citizens!"