Faith Gone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
(Two;42838)
:naughty:
And? Not sure what you want me to say?:angel10:Do you need help looking for it and can you remember where you last had it?Usually you will find it right where you lost it. Can you remember where you were when you discovered it had gone. Was there any irregularities we should know about. Was it a mature faith or was it a basic one. How long had you had the faith?Did it have any tell tale signs that would alert it to being your faith.Please let us know so we can help you look for it.Faithful.
smile.gif

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Your about as funny as a case of the plague. Lets get one thing straight here the antics of some kid has nothing to do with this. Its sarcastic remarks like the one just posted that gets in my crawl. Faith in G-d I have, faith in this thing called Christianity is where I have problem.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Its called humor it has nothing to with Christianity it has to do with being human

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Two;42848)
Your about as funny as a case of the plague. Lets get one thing straight here the antics of some kid has nothing to do with this. Its sarcastic remarks like the one just posted that gets in my crawl. Faith in G-d I have, faith in this thing called Christianity is where I have problem.
faith in God is where it should lie Two....faith in man is wasted energy for man is not perfect and will fall short of our expectations every time...

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
I am as lost as a goose in a hail storm! What in the world are y'all talking about? I guess I have had my hair highlighted toooooo many times!!!! Two, I think you are 2 cool! I like your avatar. But, what did you mean by starting this thread?

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(His By Grace;42860)
I am as lost as a goose in a hail storm! What in the world are y'all talking about? I guess I have had my hair highlighted toooooo many times!!!! Two, I think you are 2 cool! I like your avatar. But, what did you mean by starting this thread?
Advice is what I mean't. How does a person maintain faith? How do you keep from getting discouraged? I just seem to have lost interest....contrary to what folks might think I did not start this to be mean spirited or spiteful I was asking a serious question. You gotta have faith to believe right? Or is that just talk?

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
I know what you mean. I have times like that. I think we all do. I'm sorry people were not taking you seriously. There's a time to laugh and a time to cry. Check out the thread by tooinvolved1 and look at what I posted just a few minutes ago. My pastor had a really good sermon of encouragement last night. I needed it. For a few years now, I have fought off depression. It comes and goes, but I have to call upon the name of the Lord and ask Him to send me the encouragement that I need and He always does. You are in the right place, despite what some folks write. Tim is right, though, I do find that laughter is a great medicine!

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
Faith is more than just feelings- it comes from the Father... every good and perfect thing does. I had a horrible bout of it where I had no faith... it really just ripped me apart- it ate at me... because it seemed like every minute was agony- but Two our Faith is more than just feeling discouraged about it. (And it seemed like I was... disloyal... and I hated to feel that way... I almost want to whisper that... because it felt like my soul wanted one thing but my mind really felt and acted another way...)I think that a large part of the walk, that is to know Christ daily, is to live beyond feelings. They do not master us. We can keep from being discouraged by knowing that Truth prevails- that our world and the existence of God does NOT merit that we always be full of faith. Isn't that wonderful? Even when we are weak God remains strong? Yes, we need faith. But faith isn't essential to God's existence- and we GROW in faith- it has to start somewhere, right? So, the important thing is to keep on keeping on- even when faced with horrible feelings about it. For instance, I went through a period where the thought of reading the Bible made me disgusted- but did this make or break the Bible and it's word? And just because of a feeling would the Bible inherently change? Nope. Thank God for that!So, we fall on our knees to the Lord for even our feelings and our faith- and Thank GOd for that! He says that He will give us only light burdens, right? Well, He gives us even faith! Don't feel discouraged- thank God that you can see how much you need Him when you feel a lack of faith- because through a lack of Faith, you are reminded of God! Jesus said that we would suffer in following Him- I don't think this means just physical suffering. I think that often we suffer mentally too, but that we can always overcome through Him who gives us strength!So how does a person maintain faith? We don't do it on our own- isn't that crazy? Even in staying close to Him, it's HIM who gives us the power to do it. So, trust in the Father to get you through it- trust even though you feel like you have no faith.... does this seem contradictory? Well, it isn't... because our relationship with Him is more than sensual- it's more than feelings or whims- it is concrete and grounded. It is eternal and Just and Truth! All Praise be to the Father!