• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello you,

This video was made 4 months ago it’s about 20 minutes long explaining on faith, Hope and promises.

Is it something you are interested in learning about?

If you do not desire to watch the video down below are some questions for you.

What are some of the promises of God?
What is faith?
How do we define it to its core?
What is hope?
Where are the scriptures to find these at?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a scripture that an reminded of,

““If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:15-18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

It is interesting that Jesus says if. If you love me. Keep my commands. What are the commands of the Lord?

Jesus said that he will pray to the Father, and He will give you another helper. That He may abide with you forever — the Spirit of truth (Holy spirit of God).

Notice how it says the world can not receive, because the world neither sees Him or knows Him?

What is being spoken about here? The world can not receive the Spirit of truth because it doesn’t see Him or know Him.

Why is this? Because they do not believe, they do not love Jesus, The Lord, The King, The Master, The Son of Man, The Son of God.

But you know him, for he dwells with you and is in fact in you. Why? Because you are a believer, in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Jesus says he will not leave them orphans and will come to you, which to me also means we receive the spirit of Christ too.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Made this 6 months ago and it still holds water and retains its value.

If you would like to know more on the promises of God this is 16 minutes long.

The ministry that is called Good new sharing is about all sharing things pertaining to the Bible, the Lord Yeshua, and trying to teach by using scripture with praying and worshiping God in spirit and in truth.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.”
‭‭II Peter‬ ‭1:4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
“by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.”
‭‭II Peter‬ ‭1:4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

@MatthewG The language of Scripture is so rich....

"...promises..."

"...precious promises..."

"...great and precious promises..."

"...exceeding great and precious promises..."

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Farouk, good to hear from you this morning, you are right about when it comes to the richness of scripture in how it is written. Maybe others will come by to share too. There are many promises when it comes to God. Thank you for sharing your comment.

“For the promise that he would be the heir of the world was not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. For if those who are of the law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise made of no effect, because the law brings about wrath; for where there is no law there is no transgression. Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all (as it is written, “I have made you a father of many nations”) in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did; who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, “So shall your descendants be.” And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb. He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. And therefore “it was accounted to him for righteousness.” Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him, but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭4:13-25‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello Farouk, good to hear from you this morning, you are right about when it comes to the richness of scripture in how it is written. Maybe others will come by to share too. There are many promises when it comes to God. Thank you for sharing your comment.

“For the promise that he would be the heir of the world was not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. For if those who are of the law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise made of no effect, because the law brings about wrath; for where there is no law there is no transgression. Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all (as it is written, “I have made you a father of many nations”) in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did; who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, “So shall your descendants be.” And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb. He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. And therefore “it was accounted to him for righteousness.” Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him, but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭4:13-25‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
@MatthewG Such a lot in Romans, right? :)

Promises to enjoy and promises to proclaim. One can't proclaim them truly until they are already enjoyed...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is also other things as well, am going over laying aside our old life, sinful walk, and walking in darkness using the Thompson Chain reference Bible. @farouk in my own life hope to be able to be a vessel for God to work and use in this life while living. Do understand one day will die, and just hope to help those who pass by while it can be done. In hopes others find encouragement to continue in having faith and a relationship with God. Thank you for your response and kindness, my friend in Christ.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There is also other things as well, am going over laying aside our old life, sinful walk, and walking in darkness using the Thompson Chain reference Bible. @farouk in my own life hope to be able to be a vessel for God to work and use in this life while living. Do understand one day will die, and just hope to help those who pass by while it can be done. In hopes others find encouragement to continue in having faith and a relationship with God. Thank you for your response and kindness, my friend in Christ.
@MatthewG I've used the Thompson Chain ref. quite a bit; lots of useful info. in the margins and appendices.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk When was the first time you ever had heard about the Thompson Chain Bible?

I never heard about it until the first of this year, which was recommended by my teacher, so nabbed a 1970 Nasb.

Did order a Large print KJV one however a mix up happened and landed a Holman Study Bible NKJV which was a better deal anyway, it has very helpful study notes and book introduction along with background information.

Considering my route an choosing to go now in the desire to teach and be useful somehow while living life on this earth my only source to understand things about God and spiritual knowledge all should come from spending a little of time learning about the Bible and what it has to say.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@farouk When was the first time you ever had heard about the Thompson Chain Bible?

I never heard about it until the first of this year, which was recommended by my teacher, so nabbed a 1970 Nasb.

Did order a Large print KJV one however a mix up happened and landed a Holman Study Bible NKJV which was a better deal anyway, it has very helpful study notes and book introduction along with background information.

Considering my route an choosing to go now in the desire to teach and be useful somehow while living life on this earth my only source to understand things about God and spiritual knowledge all should come from spending a little of time learning about the Bible and what it has to say.
@MatthewG Well, I was using the Thompson Chain ref. several years ago and had heard of it several years before that; but you know what? I haven't used it recently, because the very useful notes are in such small print which was fine when I got it but in recent years my eyesight hasn't been up to it.

I guess the moral is: study the Word and use study tools while you can, because - imperceptibly but surely for some ppl - the time may come when it's more difficult...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your encouragement my brother in Christ, Farouk.

“O Corinthians! We have spoken openly to you, our heart is wide open. You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own affections. Now in return for the same (I speak as to children), you also be open. Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people.” Therefore “Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you.” “I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the Lord Almighty.””
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭6:11-18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

This to me above speaks to how we are to operate with God being with us, having the Holy Spirit and the spirit of Christ to live by, we can be set apart from the way the world operates though we do live in this world and use things with in it. We are called to love because what the commands of the Lord are, and to have compassion but not to get caught up in the activities that may lead one away from God now I may be wrong in my assessment and anyone can comment and help or bring insight to their own thoughts if they desire to.

“Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. Open your hearts to us. We have wronged no one, we have corrupted no one, we have cheated no one. I do not say this to condemn; for I have said before that you are in our hearts, to die together and to live together. Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my boasting on your behalf. I am filled with comfort. I am exceedingly joyful in all our tribulation.”
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭7:1-4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Wynona.

Faith, Hope, and promises of God!

How great the God we serve truly is! Thank God for the Lord Yeshua!

Reactions: Wynona