Faith Is A Choice And It Comes From The Heart; So You Either Want To Believe Or You Don’t = Psalm 31

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith Is A Choice And It Comes From The Heart; So You Either Want To Believe Or You Don’t = Psalm 31;23, Mark 21;21, I John 5;4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Psalm 31;23
O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.

Psalm 101;6
Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.

Proverbs 28;20
A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.

Matthew 9;29
Then touched He their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.

Matthew 21;21-22
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Mark 5;34
And He said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

Mark 11;22
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

Romans 1;17
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

II Corinthians 5;7
For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Galatians 2;16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3;7-9
Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

I Timothy 6;12
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Hebrews 11;1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I John 5;4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

AMEN

Reactions: Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Faith come by hearing the gospel.

You have to hear it, to know what it is, so that you can then believe it.

This is why preaching and witnessing exist.
Its because "sharing the word"....'"sharing the Gospel".. "sharing the love of Christ'" is what caused FAITH to become alive in the HEARER, as the Holy Spirit revealed to them.....and they were drawn..
Or as Jesus said..."if i be lifted up, i will DRAW all MEN (people) to me"

"FAITH......comes......by hearing. The message. The Gospel. The Truth..... John 14:6

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith Is A Choice And It Comes From The Heart; So You Either Want To Believe Or You Don’t = Psalm 31;23, Mark 21;21, I John 5;4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Psalm 31;23
O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.

Psalm 101;6
Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.

Proverbs 28;20
A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.

Matthew 9;29
Then touched He their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.

Matthew 21;21-22
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Mark 5;34
And He said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

Mark 11;22
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

Romans 1;17
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

II Corinthians 5;7
For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Galatians 2;16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3;7-9
Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

I Timothy 6;12
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Hebrews 11;1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I John 5;4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

AMEN

Serving God is a choice, one cannot choose to have faith, faith is gained through knowledge. Faith starts with a bit of knowledge and is strengthened by taking in more knowledge, and then grows.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Serving God is a choice,

You can serve God all your life, and die and find that you are this...

Jesus said..."Depart from me, i never knew you".

See that?
So, going to Heaven, and becoming a Son of God, is not about serving God.
Its about this..

Jesus said....>"you must be born again".

And once you are, then you are now a part of the "body of Christ".....the "church'....so, go out now and serve God as you now belong to Him, by Spiritual BIRTH.

Reactions: Nancy

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can serve God all your life, and die and find that you are this...

Jesus said..."Depart from me, i never knew you".

See that?
So, going to Heaven, and becoming a Son of God, is not about serving God.
Its about this..

Jesus said....>"you must be born again".

And once you are, then you are now a part of the "body of Christ".....the "church'....so, go out now and serve God as you now belong to Him, by Spiritual BIRTH.

Again waiting your definition of the term.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Again waiting your definition of the term.

I can teach you, but i can't learn it for you.
Ok?

So, to be born again, is when the Spirit of God,...The Holy Spirit..= gives NEW BIRTH to your spirit.......so that.....Your spirit becomes "one with God", who is "A Spirit".

This is known in the New Testament as being "born again".....and "In Christ".
When then happens, your SPIRIT has become..."a new creation"......Born Again.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can teach you, but i can't learn it for you.
Ok?

So, to be born again, is when the Spirit of God,...The Holy Spirit..= gives NEW BIRTH to your spirit.......so that.....Your spirit becomes "one with God", who is "A Spirit".

This is known in the New Testament as being "born again".....and "In Christ".
When then happens, your SPIRIT has become..."a new creation"......Born Again.

I agree with your definition sir. So now lets learn more about the meaning of the term:
What Does It Mean to Be Born Again?
The Bible’s answer
The term “born again” refers to a new beginning in the relationship between God and the person who is born again. (John 3:3, 7) God adopts those born again as his children. (Romans 8:15, 16; Galatians 4:5; 1 John 3:1) Similar to those who are legally adopted, they experience a change of status, becoming part of God’s family.—2 Corinthians 6:18.

Why is a person born again?
Jesus said: “Unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) So being born again prepares a person to rule with Christ in God’s Kingdom. This Kingdom rules from heaven, so the Bible describes the “new birth” as providing an inheritance that is “reserved in the heavens.” (1 Peter 1:3, 4) Those who are born again are given the conviction that they will “rule together as kings” with Christ.—2 Timothy 2:12; 2 Corinthians 1:21, 22.

How is a person born again?
When Jesus discussed the subject, he said that those born again would be “born from water and spirit.” (John 3:5) This expression refers to baptism in water followed by baptism with holy spirit.—Acts 1:5; 2:1-4.
Jesus was the first person to be born again. He was baptized in the Jordan River, after which God anointed (or, baptized) him with holy spirit. Jesus was thus born again by holy spirit as a son of God with the hope of returning to life in heaven. (Mark 1:9-11) God fulfilled this hope by resurrecting Jesus as a spirit creature.—Acts 13:33.
Others who are born again are also baptized in water before they receive the holy spirit. (Acts 2:38, 41) They then have the sure hope of life in heaven, which God will fulfill in the resurrection.—1 Corinthians 15:42-49.

Misconceptions about being born again
Misconception: A person must be born again to gain salvation or to be a Christian.
Fact: Christ’s sacrifice provides salvation not only for those who are born again as the ones who will rule with Christ in heaven but also for the earthly subjects of God’s Kingdom. (1 John 2:1, 2; Revelation 5:9, 10) That second group of Christians have the opportunity to live forever in Paradise on earth.—Psalm 37:29; Matthew 6:9, 10; Revelation 21:1-5.
Misconception: A person can choose to be born again.
Fact: The opportunity to have a relationship with God and gain salvation is open to all. (1 Timothy 2:3, 4; James 4:8) However, God chooses those who will be born again, or anointed with holy spirit. According to the Bible, being born again “depends, not on a person’s desire or on his effort, but on God.” (Romans 9:16) The expression “born again” can also be rendered “born from above,” confirming that the selection of those who are born again comes “from above,” or from God.—John 3:3, footnote.
[FOOTNOTE]
One exception was the case of Cornelius and those with him.—Acts 10:44-48.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How is a person born again?
When Jesus discussed the subject, he said that those born again would be “born from water and spirit..

Some of what you posted, is fine.
Right until you became a Catholic or a Jehovah's Witness and try to twist verses into..>"water saves you".

So, listen.
water saves no one.
water is water, and nothing more.
If you are born again, you go to heaven, water baptized or not.
If you are water baptized, 234 times, and are never born again, then after you die, here is your eternity... Jesus says..."depart from me i never knew you".

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of what you posted, is fine.
Right until you became a Catholic or a Jehovah's Witness and try to twist verses into..>"water saves you".

So, listen.
water saves no one.
water is water, and nothing more.
If you are born again, you go to heaven, water baptized or not.
If you are water baptized, 234 times, and are never born again, then after you die, here is your eternity... Jesus says..."depart from me i never knew you".

You have our view on it sir.