Faith is not enough

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith without the sacraments makes you a catechumen not a believer

sacraments are promised by God!

The promise (sacred oath or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Heb 7:21 For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
(Oath = sacrament)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

Jn 1:5-5 abide in Him, apart from Him you can do nothing.

Jn 10:10 life (grace more abundantly)

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The promise (sacred oath or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Heb 7:21 For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
(Oath = sacrament)

But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)

Water to represent the doctrines of God that fall like rain to represnt the true inspiration .Not eartly as the law of the fathers. I heard it through the grape vine .

Baptism has its foundation in the Old Testament under the old system Levites .It is not a New Testament ceremonial law (shadow) but is founded again in the old.

Whenever had a person from that tribe had a desire to serve God. Water was used to symbolize the unseen work of God as a ceremonial law or shadow of the new order of priest men and woman from all nations as the temples of God not made with corrupted human hands .

When Aarons two sons had a desire they tried to make into what you call sacrament in a false hope that men might be venerated them by adding what is called strange fire turning it into a tool for self-edification . Fire consumed them and left the ceremonial clothes without a scent of smoke. Christian walk by faith the eternal not worshiping shadows of the eternal.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(Oath = sacrament)

physical circumcision is a picture of the true circumcision God performs on the heart. The temple had to be made exactly as God specified because it was a picture of heavenly things, in heaven. Water baptism speaks of and pictures the true baptism, in Spirit. It’s all so amazing!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water to represent the doctrines of God that fall like rain to represnt the true inspiration .Not eartly as the law of the fathers. I heard it through the grape vine .

Baptism has its foundation in the Old Testament under the old system Levites .It is not a New Testament ceremonial law (shadow) but is founded again in the old.

Whenever had a person from that tribe had a desire to serve God. Water was used to symbolize the unseen work of God as a ceremonial law or shadow of the new order of priest men and woman from all nations as the temples of God not made with corrupted human hands .

When Aarons two sons had a desire they tried to make into what you call sacrament in a false hope that men might be venerated them by adding what is called strange fire turning it into a tool for self-edification . Fire consumed them and left the ceremonial clothes without a scent of smoke. Christian walk by faith the eternal not worshiping shadows of the eternal.

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

does water wash away sin? No grace does
But water is a required part of the ritual of Christian baptism
Without out it there is no ritual and no grace
Christ works thru His church and thru His sacraments

Reactions: dev553344

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
physical circumcision is a picture of the true circumcision God performs on the heart. The temple had to be made exactly as God specified because it was a picture of heavenly things, in heaven. Water baptism speaks of and pictures the true baptism, in Spirit. It’s all so amazing!

Ez 36

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

does water wash away sin? No grace does
But water is a required part of the ritual of Christian baptism
Without out it there is no ritual and no grace
Christ works thru His church and thru His sacraments

Christ works thorugh his Holy Spiirt who alone works in the believer to both reveal his wil and empower his born again sons of God to perfom it. Some mumur like Jonas was was dragged, other like Jesus did the will of the father with delight other walked away faithless.

Philipians 2:13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Rituals as ceremonial laws are subject to a outward ceremony as a shadow of the unseen eternal. . called faith. They are a sign to the whole world in a hope mankind might be drawn toward the word of God prophecy. . Not a sign to themselves. (I did it ) Like with Aarons two son that offered strange fire as a form of self-righteousness they were consumed and the ceremonial clothes not a smell of smoke

Like those who made Jesus into a circus seal. . . show us a miracle then we will believe (faithless)

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

John 4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

The whole period of time when there was Kings in Israel (the abomination of desolation) was used as a parable or figure for that time period. When the time of reformation came those shadows that signified the unseen disappeared and a new ceremonial law as given used to represent all the nations of the world. 1 Corinthian 11. Men and woman as a kingdom of priest from all nation .The promise of Joel

Worshipping shadows is what the faithless Jews and gentiles sought after.

Hebrews 9:8-10 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ works thorugh his Holy Spiirt who alone works in the believer to both reveal his wil and empower his born again sons of God to perfom it. Some mumur like Jonas was was dragged, other like Jesus did the will of the father with delight other walked away faithless.

Philipians 2:13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Rituals as ceremonial laws are subject to a outward ceremony as a shadow of the unseen eternal. . called faith. They are a sign to the whole world in a hope mankind might be drawn toward the word of God prophecy. . Not a sign to themselves. (I did it ) Like with Aarons two son that offered strange fire as a form of self-righteousness they were consumed and the ceremonial clothes not a smell of smoke

Like those who made Jesus into a circus seal. . . show us a miracle then we will believe (faithless)

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

John 4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

The whole period of time when there was Kings in Israel (the abomination of desolation) was used as a parable or figure for that time period. When the time of reformation came those shadows that signified the unseen disappeared and a new ceremonial law as given used to represent all the nations of the world. 1 Corinthian 11. Men and woman as a kingdom of priest from all nation .The promise of Joel

Worshipping shadows is what the faithless Jews and gentiles sought after.

Hebrews 9:8-10 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

mk 16:16 both are absolutely required for salvation

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (IBaptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Acts 16:15 entire household

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Mark 16:16 The requirements for those who are being saved cannot be undone by the requirements for those not being saved! He who believes and is baptized is still required for salvation? Heaven and earth may pass away but my words shall not pass away!

It is Reasonable that if they reject faith why bother mentioning the second requirement?

Eph 1:13 4:30 sealed

God says baptism! Ez 36:25:27
Jesus Christ says baptism! Mk 16:16
Peter says baptism! Acts 3:38 1 Pet 3:21
Paul say baptism! 1 cor 1:16 1 cor 12:13
The apostles say baptism! Acts 2:38 acts 8:35

Ez 36:25-27 promise of justification by washing away sins by virtue the merits of Christ blood, sanctified by the grace of God, given a new heart of love by the Holy Spirit!

Acts 8
Philip preached Jesus to the eunuch!

Obviously Philip preached “FACAGA”
Faith alone Christ alone grace alone

How did the eunuch know about baptism?

Why did the eunuch so greatly desire baptism?
(If it’s only symbolic, an outward sign)

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,

28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

————————-

Born again!

“Faith Alone”

Or

“Baptismal regeneration”

The initiation into the new covenant!
The only means of grace and salvation!

Metaphorical or implied meaning of baptism!

John 19:34
But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

The blood signifies the infinite merits of Christ!
The water signifies baptism!

Old Testament pre-figures of baptism.

Psalm 36:9
For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Song of Solomon 4:15
A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

Isaiah 41:18
I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

Isaiah 52:15 So shall he sprinkle many nations;

Heb 9:19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

1 pet 3:20-21

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New Testament

Matt 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

( Disciples by baptism not faith alone)

Mk 1:4
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mark 16:16
he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

Jn 1: 11
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (Baptism)

John 1:26
John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6
And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)

John3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22
After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4
When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Act 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Baptism)

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
(Saved by baptism)

Acts 8:36
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Philip preached Jesus and the result is justification by baptism!

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 Jn 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
1 Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

(Born of God) faith and baptism

Jn 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

—————

—————

Becoming a Disciple by baptism!

Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

(Born again by baptism)

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit.

Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Outside the ark none were saved, outside the church none are saved)

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised holy Spirit.” Understand this in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacrament of baptism. We are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king.

2 cor 5:17
Ez 1:3 4:7

—————-

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

There are two statements and cannot contradict each other!

Nor can one be used to deny the other!

No scripture twisting here!

Requirements?

Those who are being saved?

Absolute requirement of both faith and baptism!

And it is baptism that is the Christian initiation into the new covenant of grace, baptism is the outward sign of the new covenant!

Those not being saved?
Nothing is required, if you reject the first requirements of those being saved why bother to mention the second?

Faith and baptism are required for salvation! See acts 8

Baptism scripture verses

mk 16:16 faith and baptism
Jn 3:5 water AND the spirit
Jn 3:22 immediately go to river (water) and baptize
Matt 28:19 Jn 4:1 disciples made by baptism
Acts 2:38 baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith and baptism
Acts 22:16 wash away sin by baptism
1 cor 12:13 enter new covenant church by baptism
Gal 3:27 put in Christ by baptism
1 pet 3:21 saved by baptism

No where does the Bible
say “faith alone “!!!

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New Testament

Matt 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

( Disciples by baptism not faith alone)

Mk 1:4
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

Jn 1: 11
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (Baptism)

John 1:26
John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6
And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)

John3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22
After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4
When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Act 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Baptism)

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
(Saved by baptism)

Acts 8:36
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Philip preached Jesus and the result is justification by baptism!

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 6:4

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Baptized by an unseen authority. . The name of Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: God is not literal water (H20)

You could say the water of the word.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Water signifies the unseen work of the Holy Spirit like in the parable below. His doctrine , not the doctrine of the law of the fathers as a doctrine of men. (I heard it through the grape vine).

Reckoned as inspiration from above down. Not inspired earthly from Rome after the Pope.. and the legion of fathers as disembodied worker with familiar spirits .

Literal water at the most can get a person wet . . . it evaporates.

Deuteronomy 32 King James Version (KJV) Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oooh look a bowl of cherries. But that is the problem with Cherry Picking the bible to support a nonbiblical agenda. You only see the cherries, not the tree.

The word sacrament does not exist in the bible it is part of the "Sacred Tradition" (aka stuff men made up) the the RCC added to their catechism. There is no power to save in actions. Only in Faith.

Faith is enough

Why do Catholics have trouble approaching God directly? Asking priests for forgiveness, praying to saints for help, looking for sacraments to make them righteous, looking to scholars to tell them what they should believe.
None of that is in God's word, none of it is what God wants. We are told to pray to OUR Father* (not his mother) We are told that the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truths**. We are told that we are saved by grace through faith and not of works***. Yes we can confess our sins to each other, but only the blood of Jesus washes us free from sin.

*Matthew 6:9 In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.

**John 14: 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you

***Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

*** John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptized by an unseen authority. . The name of Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: God is not literal water (H20)

You could say the water of the word.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Water signifies the unseen work of the Holy Spirit like in the parable below. His doctrine , not the doctrine of the law of the fathers as a doctrine of men. (I heard it through the grape vine).

Reckoned as inspiration from above down. Not inspired earthly from Rome after the Pope.. and the legion of fathers as disembodied worker with familiar spirits .

Literal water at the most can get a person wet . . . it evaporates.

Deuteronomy 32 King James Version (KJV) Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass

ez 36:25-27

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

Christian baptism Mk 16:16
Acts 2:38

never says you can enter a covenant by “faith alone”

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oooh look a bowl of cherries. But that is the problem with Cherry Picking the bible to support a nonbiblical agenda. You only see the cherries, not the tree.

The word sacrament does not exist in the bible it is part of the "Sacred Tradition" (aka stuff men made up) the the RCC added to their catechism. There is no power to save in actions. Only in Faith.

Faith is enough

Why do Catholics have trouble approaching God directly? Asking priests for forgiveness, praying to saints for help, looking for sacraments to make them righteous, looking to scholars to tell them what they should believe.
None of that is in God's word, none of it is what God wants. We are told to pray to OUR Father* (not his mother) We are told that the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truths**. We are told that we are saved by grace through faith and not of works***. Yes we can confess our sins to each other, but only the blood of Jesus washes us free from sin.

*Matthew 6:9 In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.

**John 14: 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you

***Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

*** John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

faith is not enough
Mk 16:16 both are required
1 cor 13:2 all faith without charity avails NOTHING