Faith issues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SilentFlight

Aug 13, 2006
Things are realy good at the minute exams but they are goin well and friends and relations are good, only smething isnt right. i went to a church a little while ago and it was really good service, but cut me to ribbons inside and i cried not able to tell the lady beside me who was praying for me why. i couldnt do it, couldnt be a christian couldnt be a muslim.i want the community the feeling of purpose in life and this all sounds shallow because there is no mention of wanting to God's work. i cannot figure if it is through others or my own mind that i doubt faith in ways. i have devout friends and they are happy but i cant believe their way. Therer is a hole in my life and i think it isnt having God or letting God in, I'm scared that to do that will mean it will be bad that i will become intolerant of those around me those i love for really i see no evil in what they do. its like the whole world is grey for somethings maybe right in some cases and not others. I try to blot it not to think of it for ages, but the pain doesnt go away, Could you offer any advice please, xxx

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
You will never be completely happy until you have Jesus in your heart, he makes you complete. We were made to give God glory and if you don't have God in your heart than what are you?Gods love for you is perfect and it will move through you to others, it will NOT cause you to become intolerant of others. If you see others sinning you should want to help them.I will be praying for you!

SilentFlight

Aug 13, 2006
I understand what you are saying, but I cannot do that, it will sound awful but i dont think they need my help in my view they maybe doing wrong but it is their freedom. Even when feeling truth in my heart it all went ass about face. I listen too much and in doing so dont try to help people beyond supporting them for i wont tell them what is right or wrong. I'm am scared by my trying to do good i will hurt them more so i try not to cause anymore evil.Without God in your heart you are dead inside their is a contineous thirst and hunger, paradoxial upset that doesnt end and a wonder why do you think about it when so many people go through life not even thinking about it at all. I dont want to give excuse because i know it is my issue only i am still over cautious of religion for fear, i became well aquainted with a very stong anti and from which i have doubted my heart since.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(SilentFlight;49765)
I understand what you are saying, but I cannot do that, it will sound awful but i dont think they need my help in my view they maybe doing wrong but it is their freedom. Even when feeling truth in my heart it all went ass about face. I listen too much and in doing so dont try to help people beyond supporting them for i wont tell them what is right or wrong. I'm am scared by my trying to do good i will hurt them more so i try not to cause anymore evil. Without God in your heart you are dead inside their is a contineous thirst and hunger, paradoxial upset that doesnt end and a wonder why do you think about it when so many people go through life not even thinking about it at all. I dont want to give excuse because i know it is my issue only i am still over cautious of religion for fear, i became well aquainted with a very stong anti and from which i have doubted my heart since.
No words I or anyone else can say will help you if you are letting fear run your life. Jesus loves you and if you accept him into your heart you will be filled with his love and will be able to better love others. You aren't doing your friends any good by supporting them if they are doing wrong. They need to know they are sinning if they don't already. And I imagine they would eventually thank you for helping them.But as the saying goes, easier said then done. Fear is a difficult foe to overcome when your on your own. You have help...all you have to do is accept it.

SilentFlight

Aug 13, 2006
I cant, God is too great, why would such small things matter, why did jesus have to die, why didnt God just forgive? I'm sorry i dont mean to seem blasphmous these uestions have been circling for ages.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(SilentFlight;49886)
I cant, God is too great, why would such small things matter, why did jesus have to die, why didnt God just forgive? I'm sorry i dont mean to seem blasphmous these uestions have been circling for ages.
Jesus died for us so we wouldn't have to pay the price for our sins. God made hell for satan, and satan introduced evil into the world. Mankind also fell into sin and thereby taking on the same punishment. But God sent his son Jesus to pay the price for the sins of every single person. Jesus suffered and died, defeated death, and he did it all for YOU! Gods love for us is so perfect, I am sure that if Jesus would only save one person in the entire earth by going through it all again he would. God loves us, thats why he died for us. All he asks that you do is acknowledge and accept the fact that he did this and admit to being a sinner. By doing this you accept the free gift Jesus painstakingly made for you.

SilentFlight

Aug 13, 2006
But why does sin have to be punihabe by hell, why isnt there another way, God is all powerful why does he need to have a system in which he has to suffer so as not to punish people with hell?

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(SilentFlight;50003)
But why does sin have to be punihabe by hell, why isnt there another way, God is all powerful why does he need to have a system in which he has to suffer so as not to punish people with hell?
Hell wasn't made for us, it was made for satan. But we became sinners as well, something God never wanted for us. But he gave us free will so we could CHOOSE him. And we chose sin instead. So God sent his son Jesus to die on the cross and pay for all of our sin, thereby eliminating our punishment. All you have to do is accept it. Hell isn't really God punishing people for their sin, hell is seperation from God. And if you do not accept what Jesus did for you then you will be seperated from God. This is what happened to satan, he sinned and God cast him out of heaven. He became seperated from God. God is perfect and therefore cannot accept sin. So being the sinners we are we could not be with God. So God did the only thing he could. He paid for our sin and cleansed us of our sin so we could be with him. Do you understand the importance of what I am saying? God loves us soooo much that he suffered and died just so we could spend eternity with him. God could have very well just left us in our sin and let us be seperated from sin, but he willing chose to suffer FOR US!!! We have done nothing to deserve it, and that is why salvation is a GIFT. God gives it to us just because he loves us.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Silentflight glad to hear things are going better these days you are looking at this all wrong I know what friends you are talking about Gods wants you to love them where do you get the idea you arent supposed to love them secondly its not up to you to judge them whether you see their sin or not. you already see it your battle is with the fact you are trying to deny God so you can deny the sin.But you cant do that without denying yourself a relationship with God. You have got to get this idea out of your head that you are supposed to sacrafice who you really are inside to keep people around you happy. Remember that past relationship? If your friends love you they want you happy for you to be happy you have to be who you are. If you can love them reguardless of their lifestyle why shouldnt you expect the same from them with you?? As a christian you are to love them if they are your true friends they will love you back. you are not to sit in judgement of them you are to be their friend and live your own life in away that sets a good example for them. If they are truly your friends they will understand you do not agree with the sin they commit but you love them as the children of God and your friend. following some of the mistakes of the past and denying what you know is wrong will not fix this think back to past lessons luv ya God Blesskriss

SilentFlight

Aug 13, 2006
Thanks Kriss, It isnt really my friends i worry about now, i have sorted that. Althoguh there is still the worry although i know it isnt that he could be right, I'm also scared if i go to faith it might be like submitting before although they seem unconnected, when i read about hell and stuff it lines up i didnt really care hat he did or said loved him anyway and althoguh it seems completely illogical i deny faith because of that. I dont thin its because i think gods like that, i think it is because religion is simular in painting god so i run away as soon as anything shows the slightest part of restrining yourself, i know it sounds nuts. But i'm scared ill go the wrong way again, thati will follow something or someone and go through it again. i think when i get over being scared and its getting there its just a bit longer i think then it should get better.Thanks for your support though love you, take care xxx