false beliefs that fester in the Christian's subconscious mind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
There are many things we christians believe that are not true, but since these beliefs lie dormant in our subconscious, we do not deal with them, much less conquer them.

For example: I have noticed that it is a common belief among Christians and even non-christians that rich people are better than poor people, even if they get their wealth dishonestly, through lies and corruption (we have 2 candidates running this time who can be described w/ those words).

The poor are treated as though they are criminals, even when/if they obey every law on the books and try to obey all the laws of God as well. They are dismissed before being given a chance.. just b/c they are poor.

Yet someone like Trump can come along and just say and do whatever.. spew hatred and misogyny and etc. and he is given a pass. He can neglect to pay his workers (being sued for that now), make up a fake school that rips people off, break the law by hiring illegals so as to save money.. be connected with the mob (allegedly.. but it appears to be true) and etc.. etc.. and he gets away with it b/c he is wealthy.

i know someone who is rather economically disadvantaged who obeys all laws of God and man and sometimes has this same habit drump has, of speaking his mind even in the midst of his enemies. Well, guess what? the person only gets one thing for all his honesty: persecution and ridicule

Human nature is so ugly. I see it within msyelf as well, this awful tendency to have automatic respect for someone who is wealthy. It disgusts me. We have to fight this tendency within ourselves.

Just remember that Jesus came into this world with absolutely NOTHING, was born in a stable.. never owned a home..

B)

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
another false belief: that Drump or anyone who votes for him is a "Christian"

he did NOT (contrary to news folks) get the evangelical vote b/c no true evangelical would vote for someone who so obviously makes a mockery of Christ's Laws

:wacko:

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
God obviously blessed Mr Trump with wealth, and success as a businesman....Mr Trump is a God fearing man, and I would not be surprised if he becomes a born again Christian in the near future....
God reads the heart, mortals cannot do that...

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
heretoeternity said:
God obviously blessed Mr Trump with wealth, and success as a businesman....Mr Trump is a God fearing man, and I would not be surprised if he becomes a born again Christian in the near future....
God reads the heart, mortals cannot do that...
that is the most absurd thing i hve heard in a LONG time. God fearing?????

I'd hate to see your version of not God fearing

but thanks for proving my point (that people respect wealth and despise the poor)

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You are referring to the Prosperity Gospel but I can assure you that it is not many that ascribe to this point of view. I call it the 'blab it and grab it' gospel and it is not what Jesus teaches. In fact Prosperity has nothing to do with wealth so the people that call it the Prosperity Gospel don't really understand what Prosperity is. Bottom line, don't associate it with many Christians because it is not representative of Christianity overall. It does however address some who pursue nothing but Earthly wealth and forget what the Bible says about storing up Treasures in Heaven.

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
StanJ said:
You are referring to the Prosperity Gospel but I can assure you that it is not many that ascribe to this point of view. I call it the 'blab it and grab it' gospel and it is not what Jesus teaches. In fact Prosperity has nothing to do with wealth so the people that call it the Prosperity Gospel don't really understand what Prosperity is. Bottom line, don't associate it with many Christians because it is not representative of Christianity overall. It does however address some who pursue nothing but Earthly wealth and forget what the Bible says about storing up Treasures in Heaven.
yeh, that last sentence reminds me of Fox, the big wigs behind the curtain pulling strings. As said b4, i am certain the reason Fox doesn't want Cruz to win is b/c Fox is big business and they dont want to have to give up their tax loopholes.. painful withdrawal symptoms would ensue.. the poor things... got used to all that $$$$

while the middle class are gouged for every penny the greedy governemt can get from them.

i will save my pity for the truly needy, thank you.. the people displaced in Syria.. and elsewhere. Again, Jesus said to be content if you have what you need. A new car every year is not exactly a need

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
hatedbyall said:
yeh, that last sentence reminds me of Fox, the big wigs behind the curtain pulling strings. As said b4, i am certain the reason Fox doesn't want Cruz to win is b/c Fox is big business and they dont want to have to give up their tax loopholes.. painful withdrawal symptoms would ensue.. the poor things... got used to all that $$$$
while the middle class are gouged for every penny the greedy governemt can get from them.
i will save my pity for the truly needy, thank you.. the people displaced in Syria.. and elsewhere. Again, Jesus said to be content if you have what you need. A new car every year is not exactly a need
You seem very preoccupied about Fox News, and it seems to infiltrate all of your posts regardless of where you post them. We're supposed to be debating theological issues here not who is the best news organization. You need to stick to your own OP and stop running down rabbit trails.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
You seem very preoccupied about Fox News, and it seems to infiltrate all of your posts regardless of where you post them. We're supposed to be debating theological issues here not who is the best news organization. You need to stick to your own OP and stop running down rabbit trails.
I was thinking something very similar.. A bit of an agenda here.

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
StanJ said:
it is totally related, far from a rabbit hole

b/c whoever the leader of any given country is, however Christian or not he or she is.. has a HUGE bearing on the lives of the governed.

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
Born_Again said:
I was thinking something very similar.. A bit of an agenda here.
absolutely correct: my agenda (everyone has one of those, by the way) consists of drawing attention to EVIL in the world, which should be every christian's agenda. Too bad some "Christians" so called are too busy living for self & self alone.. to even lift one finger to try to spread Christian truths..

If we do not bring attn to such things, many will go on being brainwashed.. In other words, many people, even those who try to "think for themselves" .. take Fox commentators for being wise, yet sometimes they are far from it. Many viewers are only subconsciuolsy brainwased, but brainwashed is brainwashed...

I try to tell people to think about what is being said, that it is put forth as virtual fact when it is often opinion. @ Fox, there is often much opinion being passed off as gospel truth

and do we really think they are going to TELL their viewers why they don't want Cruz for president? ha ha.. right. But it doesn't take a 200-IQ genius to figure that out (I have a relatively high IQ but again, it doesn't take brilliance to figure something like that out. Subconsciously, I am sure many viewers have had the same.. uh, "figuring out" moment. Maybe the suspicion just didn't make it out of the subconscious gray matter? )

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
hatedbyall said:
it is totally related, far from a rabbit hole
b/c whoever the leader of any given country is, however Christian or not he or she is.. has a HUGE bearing on the lives of the governed.
I mean related in a real sense in reality not in your mind. In North America no one leader has a huge bearing on the lives of the governed. Life goes on pretty much the same way it did before the leader was elected.

In any event I'm trying to make you see what the rules are here so you don't get your OPs shut down for irrelevancy.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
hatedbyall said:
absolutely correct: my agenda (everyone has one of those, by the way) consists of drawing attention to EVIL in the world, which should be every christian's agenda. Too bad some "Christians" so called are too busy living for self & self alone.. to even lift one finger to try to spread Christian truths..

If we do not bring attn to such things, many will go on being brainwashed.. In other words, many people, even those who try to "think for themselves" .. take Fox commentators for being wise, yet sometimes they are far from it. Many viewers are only subconsciuolsy brainwased, but brainwashed is brainwashed...

I try to tell people to think about what is being said, that it is put forth as virtual fact when it is often opinion. @ Fox, there is often much opinion being passed off as gospel truth

and do we really think they are going to TELL their viewers why they don't want Cruz for president? ha ha.. right. But it doesn't take a 200-IQ genius to figure that out (I have a relatively high IQ but again, it doesn't take brilliance to figure something like that out. Subconsciously, I am sure many viewers have had the same.. uh, "figuring out" moment. Maybe the suspicion just didn't make it out of the subconscious gray matter? )
Again your preoccupation with Fox News is getting rather tedious. I doubt you'll find very many people here that don't pay attention to the Daily News and quite honestly we don't need it to be propagated here as well. You're also assuming that many people are watching Fox News and you might want to reconsider that. I for one am Canadian and watch mostly CBC News. Once in awhile I will watch CTV News or my local news channel when I want to know what's actually going on in my hometown. What I don't do is refer to it and just about every thread I start or contribute to. Are you getting my drift yet?

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
Luk 21:1 And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury.
Luk 21:2 And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites.
Luk 21:3 And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all:
Luk 21:4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.

It seems that Jesus wasn't terribly impressed by the rich men who brought their gifts to the Temple that day.

One poor widow got His attention with her two mites...not much at all. Not even enough to buy lunch...but He knew that it was all that she had.

To this day, it seems that the poor are more generous with what little that they have, than the rich, who tend to hoard their wealth. Has anyone else ever noticed this, or is it just me?

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
The Barrd said:
Luk 21:1 And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury.
Luk 21:2 And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites.
Luk 21:3 And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all:
Luk 21:4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.

It seems that Jesus wasn't terribly impressed by the rich men who brought their gifts to the Temple that day.

One poor widow got His attention with her two mites...not much at all. Not even enough to buy lunch...but He knew that it was all that she had.

To this day, it seems that the poor are more generous with what little that they have, than the rich, who tend to hoard their wealth. Has anyone else ever noticed this, or is it just me?
yes, that is (i believe) the reason Fox doen't want Cruz 4 president: b/c his fair tax plan will elminate loopholes for the rich (Fox News)

I guess that observation/summation irritates the stan man but that's his psych problem

^_^

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
I'm not impressed with politician promises.

My definition of "politics":
Poli=many
Tics=blood suckers.

They're all alike. A bunch of blood suckers...

This poor widow is gonna be a poor widow no matter who gets in...

Let me give you the skinny on the Stan man. He can be annoying at times...self-righteous, overbearing, irritating...a bit rough around the edges. But he is basically a good guy. And you'd be amazed at how often his gruff remarks actually contain quite a bit of truth.

That is not to say that I think he is always right. But I like the guy.
And, after all...none of us is perfect.

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
The Barrd said:
I'm not impressed with politician promises.

My definition of "politics":
Poli=many
Tics=blood suckers.

They're all alike. A bunch of blood suckers...

This poor widow is gonna be a poor widow no matter who gets in...
we hav never tried Cruz so you can't say that

:unsure:

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
hatedbyall said:
we hav never tried Cruz so you can't say that

:unsure:
What happened to Carly Fiorina? I kinda liked her. She seems to have dropped out of the race.

And why do you prefer Cruz?

Remember, I've been very sick for several weeks...I really haven't been keeping track of the presidential race. Tell me what I do not know.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
hatedbyall said:
apparently not
depending on how fast u type, you just spent about 10-15 minutes responding
Now you're just being incoherent and it doesn't take me that long to type because I voice type this took me about 10 seconds.

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
The Barrd said:
What happened to Carly Fiorina? I kinda liked her. She seems to have dropped out of the race.

And why do you prefer Cruz?

Remember, I've been very sick for several weeks...I really haven't been keeping track of the presidential race. Tell me what I do not know.
Fiorina is supporting (endorsing) Cruz :), which makes me like her far more than i ever did b4, although i always liked her. I hope Cruz picks her for VP

DumbOld Grump has lost the female vote (hate to use that terminilogy but...) 70% of women don't approve of the Grumpmeister

:)