False Universalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
False Universalism = Everyone will go to Heaven even if they don’t believe in Christ thus they still have sin.

True Christian Universalism = Everyone will go to Heaven because everyone will believe in Christ thus be made clean from sin.

To explain this, here is a conversation between Sailor Writer who says

And also, one question. Why do you believe in Universalism? Isn't it false? That whether you're saved or not, you'll still go to Heaven. It minimizes the full consequences of sin and the reason why Lord Jesus Christ come to Earth to die for our sins. I am saying this because... It is not even fair to God to put the unrepentant sinners and take them to Heaven. I hope you understand. Thank you once again.

And myself, which is the reply below.

Hi my friend SailorWriter, thank you for this question. As the Overseer of the Universalism section of this forum, I will answer your question.

First, we must define Christian Universalism. You say that Universalism means, whether or not someone is saved, they will go to Heaven. That is false. I do not believe in that Universalism. The Bible makes it clear that those who are not saved will not enter Heaven.

Revelation 21:24 By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, 25 and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there. 26 They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations. 27 But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Like you say, the full consequence of sin is death. Therefore, all who are not saved will remain in Sheol (OT) aka Hades (NT), since sin is still in them.

1 Samuel 2:6 The Lord kills and he gives life, He sends down to Sheol, he can bring the dead up again.

Repentence is defined as recognition of sins. Of course, one must repent, which means, be aware that they have sin, in order to understand that they need a saviour, Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only way to Heaven. Therefore, I tell you, nobody with sin will ever enter Heaven. It's impossible for anything unclean, anything sinful, anything that is not completely perfect in righteousness to ever enter the Gates of Paradise.

The only way to obtain this perfect righteousness is by faith in Christ. Jesus paid the penalty for sin, death, and resurrected, showing how He fully paid it off. Therefore, all who believer in Christ are made clean of sin. No uncleanliness at all.

Christian Universalism is defined as such: Everyone will become believers in Jesus. Yes, all people will become Christians. Christ shall be all in all.

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 All will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own turn and ultimately Christ will subdue all His enemies, eliminate death and God will be all in all.

Since nothing unclean can enter Heaven, therefore, all people will be made clean and enter Heaven.

ISAIAH 1:25 I will thoroughly purge away your dross and remove all your impurities.

You may be wondering "What about those who already died without believing in Christ?" Because, yes, right now, they are atheists who died, or muslims that exist in our world. Many false religions, none of them can save us. Truly, all atheists and muslims will be converted to Christianity. Everybody will attend the LORD's feast of happiness. No more death = no more Sheol/Hades realm of the dead, all people saved and given permanent life.

Isaiah 25:6-8 " On this mountain the LORD of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of rich food, a feast of well-aged wine, of rich food full of marrow, of aged wine well refined. On this mountain he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers all nations; And he shall destroy on this mountain the surface of the covering cast over ALL nations. he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people’s disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

When a non-believer dies, they remain in Sheol/Hades. There is punishment for sin, consequence, which is death. However, God's anger towards sinners does not last forever. But all sinners will be washed of sin by having faith in Jesus. The pain and suffering we feel is temporary, everybody's tears will be wiped away. The Lord is merciful to all.

Isaiah 57:16 "For I will not contend forever, Nor will I always be angry; For the spirit would fail before Me, And the souls which I have made."

Romans 11:32: "For God has consigned all to disobedience, that He may have mercy on all."

We were all disobedient to God, we all have sinned. What makes us, you and me, so special that we are saved and not the others? Truly, as 1 Cor 15:22-28 says above, our turn is ahead of other people's turn. We believed now, there will be others who believe later. And this will keep going until everyone believes.

1 Timothy 2:3-6: "This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved

The LORD is Almighty. His desire to save everyone thus will be fulfilled. He will have absolute victory over death, sin. He is God of the Living after all.

PSALM 103:8-14 The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. He will not always strive with us, nor will He keep His anger forever.

His mercy applies to everybody, the whole world (John 3:16). The Lord has mercy, not just on you and me, HSong and SailorWriter specifically as sinners, but to all sinners everywhere! Salvation is not something given to just a few people, but to the whole world. That is God's love for the whole world, which never fails (1 Cor 13:8).

Psalm NEB 138:8 The Lord will accomplish His purpose for me. Thy true love, 0 Lord, endures for ever, leave not thy work unfinished.

Someone who has sin is unfinished. A completed creation is a believer in Christ. Atheists, muslims, all those who believe in false religions are incomplete. They do not understand true love, who is God, who is Christ. Eventually they will, and believe, even after death, becaues God brings up the dead, like I mentioned above in 1 Samuel 2:6.

Psalm 118:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God's anger towards sinners does not last forever.

John 3:36

"""Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not OBEY the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God REMAINS on them"

2 Thessalonians 1:8

"""""In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that OBEY not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:”"""""

To not obey the Gospel, is John 3:36 AND 2 Thessalonians 1:8

A.) What is the end result of a Christ rejector? (never born again).

Is it to end up with the born again Believers worshiping Jesus whom they died rejecting??
Only a fool would believe this and only a heretic would teach it.

There are NO Born again in Hell.
There are no Christ rejectors in Heaven, having never been born again.

Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
False Universalism = Everyone will go to Heaven even if they don’t believe in Christ thus they still have sin.

True Christian Universalism = Everyone will go to Heaven because everyone will believe in Christ thus be made clean from sin.

To explain this, here is a conversation between Sailor Writer who says

And also, one question. Why do you believe in Universalism? Isn't it false? That whether you're saved or not, you'll still go to Heaven. It minimizes the full consequences of sin and the reason why Lord Jesus Christ come to Earth to die for our sins. I am saying this because... It is not even fair to God to put the unrepentant sinners and take them to Heaven. I hope you understand. Thank you once again.

And myself, which is the reply below.

Hi my friend SailorWriter, thank you for this question. As the Overseer of the Universalism section of this forum, I will answer your question.

First, we must define Christian Universalism. You say that Universalism means, whether or not someone is saved, they will go to Heaven. That is false. I do not believe in that Universalism. The Bible makes it clear that those who are not saved will not enter Heaven.

Revelation 21:24 By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, 25 and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there. 26 They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations. 27 But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Like you say, the full consequence of sin is death. Therefore, all who are not saved will remain in Sheol (OT) aka Hades (NT), since sin is still in them.

1 Samuel 2:6 The Lord kills and he gives life, He sends down to Sheol, he can bring the dead up again.

Repentence is defined as recognition of sins. Of course, one must repent, which means, be aware that they have sin, in order to understand that they need a saviour, Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only way to Heaven. Therefore, I tell you, nobody with sin will ever enter Heaven. It's impossible for anything unclean, anything sinful, anything that is not completely perfect in righteousness to ever enter the Gates of Paradise.

The only way to obtain this perfect righteousness is by faith in Christ. Jesus paid the penalty for sin, death, and resurrected, showing how He fully paid it off. Therefore, all who believer in Christ are made clean of sin. No uncleanliness at all.

Christian Universalism is defined as such: Everyone will become believers in Jesus. Yes, all people will become Christians. Christ shall be all in all.

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 All will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own turn and ultimately Christ will subdue all His enemies, eliminate death and God will be all in all.

Since nothing unclean can enter Heaven, therefore, all people will be made clean and enter Heaven.

ISAIAH 1:25 I will thoroughly purge away your dross and remove all your impurities.

You may be wondering "What about those who already died without believing in Christ?" Because, yes, right now, they are atheists who died, or muslims that exist in our world. Many false religions, none of them can save us. Truly, all atheists and muslims will be converted to Christianity. Everybody will attend the LORD's feast of happiness. No more death = no more Sheol/Hades realm of the dead, all people saved and given permanent life.

Isaiah 25:6-8 " On this mountain the LORD of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of rich food, a feast of well-aged wine, of rich food full of marrow, of aged wine well refined. On this mountain he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers all nations; And he shall destroy on this mountain the surface of the covering cast over ALL nations. he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people’s disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

When a non-believer dies, they remain in Sheol/Hades. There is punishment for sin, consequence, which is death. However, God's anger towards sinners does not last forever. But all sinners will be washed of sin by having faith in Jesus. The pain and suffering we feel is temporary, everybody's tears will be wiped away. The Lord is merciful to all.

Isaiah 57:16 "For I will not contend forever, Nor will I always be angry; For the spirit would fail before Me, And the souls which I have made."

Romans 11:32: "For God has consigned all to disobedience, that He may have mercy on all."

We were all disobedient to God, we all have sinned. What makes us, you and me, so special that we are saved and not the others? Truly, as 1 Cor 15:22-28 says above, our turn is ahead of other people's turn. We believed now, there will be others who believe later. And this will keep going until everyone believes.

1 Timothy 2:3-6: "This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved

The LORD is Almighty. His desire to save everyone thus will be fulfilled. He will have absolute victory over death, sin. He is God of the Living after all.

PSALM 103:8-14 The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. He will not always strive with us, nor will He keep His anger forever.

His mercy applies to everybody, the whole world (John 3:16). The Lord has mercy, not just on you and me, HSong and SailorWriter specifically as sinners, but to all sinners everywhere! Salvation is not something given to just a few people, but to the whole world. That is God's love for the whole world, which never fails (1 Cor 13:8).

Psalm NEB 138:8 The Lord will accomplish His purpose for me. Thy true love, 0 Lord, endures for ever, leave not thy work unfinished.

Someone who has sin is unfinished. A completed creation is a believer in Christ. Atheists, muslims, all those who believe in false religions are incomplete. They do not understand true love, who is God, who is Christ. Eventually they will, and believe, even after death, becaues God brings up the dead, like I mentioned above in 1 Samuel 2:6.

Psalm 118:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.
What do you think 'believing in Christ' constitutes, Harold?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a good question.
Here's what I anticipate happening in the Age of Restoration following this life.

Anyone who has knees to bow and a tongue to speak, in heaven and on earth and under the earth (in the realm of the dead), will whole-heartedly, and without reservation, acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord. No one can say that “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit. If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” you will be saved. Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. (the reason for the bodily resurrection) Scriptural support below.

Philippians 2:10-11
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by
the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say,
“Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart
that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 14:9
For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that
he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

Note on "acknowledge" in Philippians 2:11 from Strong's Concordance
S1843 eksomologéō (from 1537 /ek, "wholly out from," intensifying 3670 /homologéō, "say the same thing about") – properly, fully agree and to acknowledge that agreement openly (whole-heartedly); hence, to confess ("openly declare"), without reservation (no holding back).

Further reading: Isaiah 45:23; Romans 14:11; Revelation 15:4

• Love
Reactions: Harold

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi quietthinker. To have "belief in Christ" is to have the Holy Spirit dwelling inside a believer permanently.
Ephesians 4:30 the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
When someone is a "believer in Christ", it's because they have this seal.

This seal was gained by faith alone in the LORD God Christ and it cannot be lost. Thus, like a planted seed, eventually the believer will produce good works as well after their salvation. Good works do not save us, rather, they come as a result of being already saved.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see you enjoy that Jack!
And that is a Satanic lie! If I wanted you to burn in Hell "forever and ever" I wouldn't warn you. You should be thanking me.

Jude 1
22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction; 23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,

Revelation 21

All liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And that is a Satanic lie! If I wanted you to burn in Hell "forever and ever" I wouldn't warn you. You should be thanking me.
isn't that how Satan presents himself as an angel of light?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yep! And Satan loves it when people deny the everlasting fire that Jesus warned us about.
It is your version of 'everlasting fire' that is opposed Jack, not that of Jesus. Can you understand there is a difference?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again, like I implied, you cannot understand the difference
How about a challenge? You cite Scriptures for the love of God. I will cite Scriptures on the wrath of God and the fear of God. You will lose.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How about a challenge? You cite Scriptures for the love of God. I will cite Scriptures on the wrath of God and the fear of God. You will lose.
weaponising scripture to flatter an ego is not my thing Jack. You call it a challenge but you also are opposed to reason and logic so how do you figure that to work?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
weaponising scripture to flatter an ego is not my thing Jack. You call it a challenge but you also are opposed to reason and logic so how do you figure that to work?
So you reject the Bible!!!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure glad you are not the judge!
Have you ever read the Bible??? Doesn't sound like it.

2 Peter 2
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;