Family

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please pray for my family/extended family. My niece is bisexual, and when we visit once a month. She has always had her girlfriend over. I know my kids are young, but I mentioned how I felt uncomfortable with the two together as my kids got older.

First of all, a lot of people "wait to bring the date home", because if it doesn't work out and the person is no longer around, that hurts the kids.

But it is has also been conflict in my mind what effect this can have on my kids at a young age to see it normal by a cool cousin. I've already been leery, because she has some violent tendencies and was on probation for those. Nothing violent has happened when we are over, but my sister did tell me my niece had talked about hitting and slapping me because of messaging that I was uncomfortable about the situation. I told them that did not help me feel any less comfortable about it and if any violence happened when we were over there, then I would have to cut ties.

But yeh.... I think this was right. We are over once a month for a few hours. And my niece is upset I call them both "her" and refer to them as "she." Because they identify as boys right now. :( I care for both of them deeply. So pray that I just speak with love, but stand in my decision. I'll have to reevaluate things if they get married. My niece is thinking she isn't even going to come out of her room when we are there and believes I should let my kids decide if they are on the spectrum or not. I told them God doesn't make mistakes, Psalm 139, and just told her the truth.... She has no one else in her life right now that has someone speaking Truth to her about it. She is 21. For the sake of anonymity,I'll just say to pray for Angel.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And pray for hubby too. He supports my feelings on this, but he thinks it is okay also, since his mom was bisexual. We are a bit in different places in our walk with God, and I'm not sure if my husband is honestly even saved though he goes to church with us. It is just hard to make these decisions sometimes to guard my kids' hearts. Society is so confused right now.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower
Praying with you and especially for your niece . There was a similar situation with our son's step-son who simply declared himself as homosexual a few years ago. I did not have to deal with it personally as he moved out of state, but my son and his wife did.

You also may recall @Helen 's difficulties with such things in her life a few years ago. There is a whole lot of it happening, and you must continuing to strive to stay on the Lord's side in it no matter what...

Knowing what to say or what not to say or to do... or even whether or not to break the connection at some point can be difficult things regarding someone who is or has been close to you.

On your husband, Thank God everyday that he remains with you and faithfully attends services with you even though doubts may be working in and on him. You can make the difference in which way he finally goes... with or against God. Ask God to help you continue always to be for that man as well as for your children a beacon of Light, the Light which Jesus is, but you also are!

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matt 5:14-16

Reactions: Helen and Mayflower

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And pray for hubby too. He supports my feelings on this, but he thinks it is okay also, since his mom was bisexual. We are a bit in different places in our walk with God, and I'm not sure if my husband is honestly even saved though he goes to church with us. It is just hard to make these decisions sometimes to guard my kids' hearts. Society is so confused right now.

Mayflower, my wife questions my stance with God, all of the time, and it creates problems between us that should not be there. She judges me and as such she is putting stumbling blocks in our marriage.

My advise is that your prayers for your husband should be along the line of,

"That God will draw my husband into His Loving Embrace, just as He is also drawing myself into His loving embrace such that we both are able to come into Your desired purposes for our selves and as a couple on fire for God. I thank you Lord that you are doing just this in drawing us both into your loving embrace and bringing us into unity in all things as you heal us both as we are both draw to You in all things. Help me to see your changes in my husband so that I can embrace his love for me more wholeheartedly so that we can become one in spirit in your grace for us."

Often the change has to happen in me first before I can see the same change in my wife.

May the Lord continue in His work in your Both as He prepares you both for His ministry in His Kingdom.

Shalom

PS: - My words my be jumbled but i believe that you will understand the gist of what I am trying to say.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please pray for my family/extended family. My niece is bisexual, and when we visit once a month. She has always had her girlfriend over. I know my kids are young, but I mentioned how I felt uncomfortable with the two together as my kids got older.

First of all, a lot of people "wait to bring the date home", because if it doesn't work out and the person is no longer around, that hurts the kids.

But it is has also been conflict in my mind what effect this can have on my kids at a young age to see it normal by a cool cousin. I've already been leery, because she has some violent tendencies and was on probation for those. Nothing violent has happened when we are over, but my sister did tell me my niece had talked about hitting and slapping me because of messaging that I was uncomfortable about the situation. I told them that did not help me feel any less comfortable about it and if any violence happened when we were over there, then I would have to cut ties.

But yeh.... I think this was right. We are over once a month for a few hours. And my niece is upset I call them both "her" and refer to them as "she." Because they identify as boys right now. :( I care for both of them deeply. So pray that I just speak with love, but stand in my decision. I'll have to reevaluate things if they get married. My niece is thinking she isn't even going to come out of her room when we are there and believes I should let my kids decide if they are on the spectrum or not. I told them God doesn't make mistakes, Psalm 139, and just told her the truth.... She has no one else in her life right now that has someone speaking Truth to her about it. She is 21. For the sake of anonymity,I'll just say to pray for Angel.

Just wondering, but what would they say if I told them that I identify as a cat now? (Praying btw)