Famine Coming Soon ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Famine [SIZE=14pt]Coming[/SIZE] Soon ?

Some scientist believe we are entering a very, very, cold change in climate. John Casey wrote a book called "Cold Sun" which explains why they believe it. If you go on you tube you can hear him explain what is coming. The Russian scientists are predicting a new Little Ice Age. That explains why they want the Crimean warm water port. A change in the sun's energy out put effects the earth by cooling climate and more and harder earthquakes accompanied by more volcanoes. John Casey believes we face large crop losses over the next thirty years. We are seeing large dips in the jet stream and dry areas already.

Since what they are predicting will cause all the things Jesus said would come as the day of the Lord approaches, it is worth checking out.

Israel has gathered Zephaniah 1:14-2:3

Nations (ethnic groups) have risen against nations Matthew 24:7

Kingdoms are fighting Kingdoms Matthew 24:7

Great earthquakes are happening more often Matthew 24:7

Pestilences have started Matthew 24:7

Fearful sights and great signs have started in the heavens Luke 21:10-11

Can famine be far behind Matthew 24:7

All these are signs for the day of the Lord!

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom, Eric.

Eric E Stahl said:

Some scientist believe we are entering a very, very, cold change in climate. John Casey wrote a book called "Cold Sun" which explains why they believe it. If you go on you tube you can hear him explain what is coming. The Russian scientists are predicting a new Little Ice Age. That explains why they want the Crimean warm water port. A change in the sun's energy out put effects the earth by cooling climate and more and harder earthquakes accompanied by more volcanoes. John Casey believes we face large crop losses over the next thirty years. We are seeing large dips in the jet stream and dry areas already.

Since what they are predicting will cause all the things Jesus said would come as the day of the Lord approaches, it is worth checking out.

I’m not going to disagree with you; however, you need to be aware that Matthew 24:7 is one of the EXCEPTIONS to the Lord Yeshua`s discourse to His disciples about what’s going to happen in 40 years from then. Most of Matthew 24 and 25, Mark 13, and Luke 21 are about the destruction of the Temple. HOWEVER, He frequently peers off into the future during His discourse. Verse 7 is one such instance. It takes TIME to have kingdoms rise up against other kingdoms, etc! All that wasn’t done in 40 years.

That being said, here’s something to think about: Have you noticed all the hybrids that are being sold in our fruits and vegetables? Why is that? Most hybrids do not produce viable seeds. For instance, here in Florida, we have the famous navel oranges. They are bred on purpose NOT to have seeds! They are genetically bred species that are similar to breeding a horse with a donkey. They produce “mules” that are sterile. Who has the seeds for all these fruits and vegetables? Oh, we can still buy weakened strains in our grocery stores and home improvement stores, but the produce that we might make from such seeds are GREATLY inferior to the mature produce sold in our stores! But, that’s okay. Who has time for gardens anymore? Famines come suddenly, usually from crop failures. Imagine what would happen if the seeds were destroyed suddenly before they could be planted?

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Retrobyter said:
Shabbat shalom, Eric.

I’m not going to disagree with you; however, you need to be aware that Matthew 24:7 is one of the EXCEPTIONS to the Lord Yeshua`s discourse to His disciples about what’s going to happen in 40 years from then. Most of Matthew 24 and 25, Mark 13, and Luke 21 are about the destruction of the Temple. HOWEVER, He frequently peers off into the future during His discourse. Verse 7 is one such instance. It takes TIME to have kingdoms rise up against other kingdoms, etc! All that wasn’t done in 40 years.

That being said, here’s something to think about: Have you noticed all the hybrids that are being sold in our fruits and vegetables? Why is that? Most hybrids do not produce viable seeds. For instance, here in Florida, we have the famous navel oranges. They are bred on purpose NOT to have seeds! They are genetically bred species that are similar to breeding a horse with a donkey. They produce “mules” that are sterile. Who has the seeds for all these fruits and vegetables? Oh, we can still buy weakened strains in our grocery stores and home improvement stores, but the produce that we might make from such seeds are GREATLY inferior to the mature produce sold in our stores! But, that’s okay. Who has time for gardens anymore? Famines come suddenly, usually from crop failures. Imagine what would happen if the seeds were destroyed suddenly before they could be planted?
I have a small supply of white corn for corn meal, that came from before the civil war.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Eric E Stahl said:

I think the greatest famine has not been mentioned. It is a famine of the Word of God.

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
Amos 8:11

In the last days, people will have "a form of godliness," but it will not be based solidly on the Scriptures
2 Timothy 3:15; 4:14

It doesn't take much detective work to explore the various postings on religious and anti-religious web sites to discover those who base their attitude on subjective opinion rather than disciplined study of God's Holy Scripture. Interpretations are as varied as the crystalline structure of snow flakes. Sometimes there seems to be no consistent agreement among people about God except that which is contradictory to His revelations of Himself.

People today have itching ears and will run after anyone who tells them what they want to hear. Many do not wish to hear the good words of God.

Consequently, foolishness and arrogance and pride have settled upon the nation.

Those who seek God's word are few and those who hate it are many.

Let those who would be wicked continue to be wicked and let those who would be righteous continue to be righteous.

"So do not pray for this people nor offer any plea or petition for them; do not plead with me, for I will not listen to you."
- Jeremiah 7:16

God will not hear the prayers of the unbeliever, except those of humble repentance and petitions for forgiveness. Nor will He speak to them except when they soften their hearts.

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA, HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.
- Shanghai curse August 1937

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi rjp, I know it's not yours, but personally, I really hate this saying:

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA, HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.
- Shanghai curse August 1937

As a veteran, I find it judgmental, arrogant and an absolute lie! I doubt the stated origin because at the time America was in much better condition, spiritually, than it is now. The fact is the majority of the world's believers have become Christians mainly due to American missionary efforts. There are many countries in a far worse state than America. We still have the highest per capita percentage of believers per population than any other country in the world. Perhaps if more people prayed for America than sat in self-satisfying judgment over her, maybe we wouldn't be in the state we're in! I know I've heard that windbag John Hagee quote this and he will be the one facing judgment because of this arrogant sentiment. How dare anyone try and tell God what He must or must not do!!

With all that said, I do believe America will become the Babylon of Rev. 17 & 18 and her judgment is foretold in the latter part of Cp. 18. However, she is not there yet and as a nation America only deserves our gratitude, prayers and our support.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Revelation 5... The seven seals seal the Lambs book of life. The book of life is populated throughout seven church ages....

Ephesus - Apostolic - Paul tells of all of Asia as having forsaken him
Smyrna - Early Orthodox -Foxes lists the persecutions as ten
Pergamos - Orthodox - Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholic - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestant - A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Methodist-Pentecostal- To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea -Pentecostal-Charismatic-Independent Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

During this time there will be four horseman... As four is the number of the earth so these are earthly regimes...

1. White horse - Democracy
2. Red horse - Communism
3. Black horse - Islam
4. Pale horse - Anti-Christ
sevenages_zps36af611f.png

1. The Seven Candlesticks - Seven church ages
2. Seven Stars - The saved Christians within the seven churches... All in the right hand of Christ Jesus
3. The Seven Seals - Sealing the Lambs Book of Life

The similarities between the first and last ages...
Picture2.png

Picture1.png

In the first age the famine happened during the time of Lamech. The last age famine I believe happened during the time of the Red Horse / Philadelphian church age. I would look for ordinary times, and for Christ to return in those ordinary times. As in the times of Noah and of Lot, or in the times of the Laodicean age and the Pale Horseman.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, rockytopva.

rockytopva said:
According to Revelation 5... The seven seals seal the Lambs book of life. The book of life is populated throughout seven church ages....

Ephesus - Apostolic - Paul tells of all of Asia as having forsaken him
Smyrna - Early Orthodox -Foxes lists the persecutions as ten
Pergamos - Orthodox - Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholic - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestant - A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Methodist-Pentecostal- To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea -Pentecostal-Charismatic-Independent Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

During this time there will be four horseman... As four is the number of the earth so these are earthly regimes...

1. White horse - Democracy
2. Red horse - Communism
3. Black horse - Islam
4. Pale horse - Anti-Christ
sevenages_zps36af611f.png

1. The Seven Candlesticks - Seven church ages
2. Seven Stars - The saved Christians within the seven churches... All in the right hand of Christ Jesus
3. The Seven Seals - Sealing the Lambs Book of Life

The similarities between the first and last ages...
Picture2.png

Picture1.png

In the first age the famine happened during the time of Lamech. The last age famine I believe happened during the time of the Red Horse / Philadelphian church age. I would look for ordinary times, and for Christ to return in those ordinary times. As in the times of Noah and of Lot, or in the times of the Laodicean age and the Pale Horseman.
Sorry, bro’, but for all the work you’ve obviously put into this post, it’s nonsense. Even in Revelation, Yeshua` (Jesus) already GAVE us the interpretation of the seven stars and the seven menorahs! And, your interpretations do not match His! Also, you - as so many others do as well - have put FAR too much time and effort into seeing some figurative language in things that SHOULD have been seen as historical accounts! It’s time to come down out of the clouds, chuck the tables and figures, and come back to the reality of Scripture.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, rockytopva.

Sorry, bro’, but for all the work you’ve obviously put into this post, it’s nonsense. Even in Revelation, Yeshua` (Jesus) already GAVE us the interpretation of the seven stars and the seven menorahs! And, your interpretations do not match His! Also, you - as so many others do as well - have put FAR too much time and effort into seeing some figurative language in things that SHOULD have been seen as historical accounts! It’s time to come down out of the clouds, chuck the tables and figures, and come back to the reality of Scripture.
I did read the bible through seven times with much study at the VA Tech library in history. It is the best bet with what I have put together in time. If I had to go with an end time prediction I would stick with Isaac Newton who was both a bible scholar as well as scientist

“And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half.” –Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.” – Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton notes…

“It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –Isaac Newton

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
The white horse is democracy?
Red horse communism?

What utter drivel.

Both democracy and communism are utopian ideals that only exist on paper. So two of the four horseman cannot ever come.