Famine In The Last Days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't worry, God's Word does not declare a world-wide famine for the last days. There will be famines as always, from war, but not a global famine like the false pre-trib doomsdayers like to push in order to scare you into accepting their fly away theories.

The famine for the last days God said is not one for bread or water...

Amos 8:9-13
9 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:

Those signs are markers for the very end of this world, as in Revelation 8:12 about the 4th Trumpet. That timing is prior to Christ's return and gathering of His Church. That places the following verses in that time perspective of the last days just prior to Christ's return...

10 And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day.

11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.
13 In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst.
KJV

Thus the REAL famine for the end times is a famine for hearing The Word of The LORD. The meaning is NOT understanding His Word.

With the number of Christian brethren that simply will not... study God's Word for their self, this famine of understanding has become obvious today. In return they have made themselves easy prey for the wolves in sheep's clothing that creep into Christ's Church.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't worry, God's Word does not declare a world-wide famine for the last days. There will be famines as always, from war, but not a global famine like the false pre-trib doomsdayers like to push in order to scare you into accepting their fly away theories.

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:

Those signs are markers for the very end of this world, as in Revelation 8:12 about the 4th Trumpet. That timing is prior to Christ's return and gathering of His Church. That places the following verses in that time perspective of the last days just prior to Christ's return...

10 And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day.

11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.
KJV

Thus the REAL famine for the end times is a famine for hearing The Word of The LORD. The meaning is NOT understanding His Word.

With the number of Christian brethren that simply will not... study God's Word for their self, this famine of understanding has become obvious today. In return they have made themselves easy prey for the wolves in sheep's clothing that creep into Christ's Church.

Interesting thought of the famine for understanding the Word of God. We must ask ourselves, what was the purpose that Jesus died for us. What originated the separation of Adam from God. Sin. That is the number one reason Jesus came, and all the false doctrines have to do with the false assumption that Jesus did not do what He came to do - to free us from sin. How many times do people post that "we will always sin until we die and our bodies are changed." They are merely parroting the false doctrine of defeatism that has been around for the past 500 years.

But prophecy tells us why the Messiah would come. Daniel 9:24

To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,

Does this sound like the common false doctrine that Jesus came to free us from the penalty of our sins, while we keep on committing them. What do they think it means to be born again. What is special about the divine nature that we can then partake of. No punishment, or NO SIN TO PUNISH?

John 8:32-26
32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

This means only those who Jesus has baptized in the Holy Spirit to receive power and whose carnal nature has been born again into a new creature can honestly and naturally keep God's holy requirements of His eternal laws of Love. Love God, Love neighbors.

Revelation 22:11 (those bound for hell vs. those bound for heaven)
11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”

Can you discern which is which?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, 100% correct,
we see it right now.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing CharismaticLady,
34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
this is what Davy is saying, see if one is feed the word of God then they would no longer be a "slave" to sin, listen, Galatians 4:5 "To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons."Galatians 4:6 "And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father."Galatians 4:7 "Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ." BINGO.

PICJAG

Reactions: Helen

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing CharismaticLady,

this is what Davy is saying, see if one is feed the word of God then they would no longer be a "slave" to sin, listen, Galatians 4:5 "To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons."Galatians 4:6 "And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father."Galatians 4:7 "Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ." BINGO.

PICJAG

Right, and a son doesn't sin.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting thought of the famine for understanding the Word of God. We must ask ourselves, what was the purpose that Jesus died for us. What originated the separation of Adam from God. Sin. That is the number one reason Jesus came, and all the false doctrines have to do with the false assumption that Jesus did not do what He came to do - to free us from sin. How many times do people post that "we will always sin until we die and our bodies are changed." They are merely parroting the false doctrine of defeatism that has been around for the past 500 years.

To make an end of sins,

Does this sound like the common false doctrine that Jesus came to free us from the penalty of our sins, while we keep on committing them. What do they think it means to be born again. What is special about the divine nature that we can then partake of. No punishment, or NO SIN TO PUNISH?

This means only those who Jesus has baptized in the Holy Spirit to receive power and whose carnal nature has been born again into a new creature can honestly and naturally keep God's holy requirements of His eternal laws of Love. Love God, Love neighbors.

11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”

You are simply going around in circles in your own mind, and actually NOT STAYING in God's Word with the above kind of reasoning. Go ahead, think you can justify your own way instead of God's Way and listen to man instead of His Word.

Lord Jesus and His Apostles gave us ample warning about the false ones that creep in, Apostle Paul himself in Acts 20 said he didn't cease warning the brethren for 2 years with tears! Your kind of reasoning instead just wants to do away with those warnings He and His Apostles gave! That attitude is of one that is blind to understanding God's Word, and instead relies on man.

Just on this forum there are many who have been prepped for the coming "strong delusion" by the Antichrist with their having believed they will be raptured prior to the coming tribulation. Those will not wait on Lord Jesus' coming, but will instead fall to the first supernatural Messiah that comes doing great signs and wonders, a SPECIFIC WARNING Lord Jesus Himself gave His faithful Church.

So go ahead, listen to those men if you want that God allows in order to test you with, to see if you will listen to them, or to Him in HIS WORD. Fall in love with their fancy clothes, fancy smooth talking, and o' so sweet dispositions, and lovely titles. Eve fell for the same things in God's Garden.

This prophecy wasn't only about Old Testament Israel in rebellion against God's Word, but also for God's people today that still do the same:

Isa 30:9-13
9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:
10 Which say to the seers, "See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
11 Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us."

12 Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, 'Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon:
13 Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant.'
KJV

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are simply going around in circles in your own mind, and actually NOT STAYING in God's Word with the above kind of reasoning. Go ahead, think you can justify your own way instead of God's Way and listen to man instead of His Word.

Lord Jesus and His Apostles gave us ample warning about the false ones that creep in, Apostle Paul himself in Acts 20 said he didn't cease warning the brethren for 2 years with tears! Your kind of reasoning instead just wants to do away with those warnings He and His Apostles gave! That attitude is of one that is blind to understanding God's Word, and instead relies on man.

Just on this forum there are many who have been prepped for the coming "strong delusion" by the Antichrist with their having believed they will be raptured prior to the coming tribulation. Those will not wait on Lord Jesus' coming, but will instead fall to the first supernatural Messiah that comes doing great signs and wonders, a SPECIFIC WARNING Lord Jesus Himself gave His faithful Church.

So go ahead, listen to those men if you want that God allows in order to test you with, to see if you will listen to them, or to Him in HIS WORD. Fall in love with their fancy clothes, fancy smooth talking, and o' so sweet dispositions, and lovely titles. Eve fell for the same things in God's Garden.

This prophecy wasn't only about Old Testament Israel in rebellion against God's Word, but also for God's people today that still do the same:

Isa 30:9-13
9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:
10 Which say to the seers, "See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
11 Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us."

12 Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, 'Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon:
13 Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant.'
KJV

Not sure what you have against the teaching that Jesus takes away our sin. That is not man's way, but IS God's way. Just the opposite of what you are accusing. Are you one of those that believes Jesus just came to take our punishment, but would not change us in any way? That is a false doctrine of man, FOR SURE!

Reactions: Nancy

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

To make an end of sins,

IS that all you know, sin...?? will you forever condemn yourself and the world along with you, or will you let God be God, and Christ do as They see fit.

But God, Im not like all these other sinners... so ill condemn them all for you. IS that all you have?? Christ came to save men not condemn them, as you seem to love doing.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

KJV

What has study got to do with it, love your posts Davy, but revelation come from God in heaven not from studying. A man filled with Himself and learning has no place for God, that is why Jesus filled the empty Jars with water to turn to wine.

As Paul put it,

Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

there is no other way, none.

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IS that all you know, sin...?? will you forever condemn yourself and the world along with you, or will you let God be God, and Christ do as They see fit.

But God, Im not like all these other sinners... so ill condemn them all for you. IS that all you have?? Christ came to save men not condemn them, as you seem to love doing.

I know many things, mjr, but the only thing that will keep you out of heaven is sin. These are the last days, what do you think I should be talking about?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? The Jews say the prophecy in Amos 8 refers to the death of Josiah. As for the sun? The throne of David is compared to the sun.

Psalm 89:36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

The sun being darkened at midday refers to the "peaceful sword" of Pharoah who said he wished not to fight Josiah.

22 Chronicles 35:20 After all this, when Josiah had prepared the temple, Necho king of Egypt came up to fight against Charchemish by Euphrates: and Josiah went out against him.
21 But he sent ambassadors to him, saying, What have I to do with thee, thou king of Judah? I come not against thee this day, but against the house wherewith I have war: for God commanded me to make haste: forbear thee from meddling with God, who is with me, that he destroy thee not.
22 Nevertheless Josiah would not turn his face from him, but disguised himself, that he might fight with him, and hearkened not unto the words of Necho from the mouth of God, and came to fight in the valley of Megiddo.
23 And the archers shot at king Josiah; and the king said to his servants, Have me away; for I am sore wounded.
24 His servants therefore took him out of that chariot, and put him in the second chariot that he had; and they brought him to Jerusalem, and he died, and was buried in one of the sepulchres of his fathers. And all Judah and Jerusalem mourned for Josiah.

The passage says the famine is one of not hearing the Word. In other words, the Holy Spirit was not speaking to the prophets for a time.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know many things, mjr, but the only thing that will keep you out of heaven is sin. These are the last days, what do you think I should be talking about?
Hi CL, you're right, there is one sin that will kill you deader, (smile), excuse my English, but there one sin that will kill you deader than dead, meaning no life at all. but we can we mix up the message, not only on sin, but on the risen Christ also, should we not? not saying that you're worong, ok.

oh by the way, the racoon avitar, to me, is more of your style than the opossum, but that's your choice, just poking at you, having a little fun, no harm...

PICJAG

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi CL, you're right, there is one sin that will kill you deader, (smile), excuse my English, but there one sin that will kill you deader than dead, meaning no life at all. but we can we mix up the message, not only on sin, but on the risen Christ also, should we not? not saying that you're worong, ok.

oh by the way, the racoon avitar, to me, is more of your style than the opossum, but that's your choice, just poking at you, having a little fun, no harm...

PICJAG

I've had raccoons for years, but I also feed possums, birds and squirrels, so I like to use these. But, for you maybe I'll change it to something else. Sorry, you don't like Heidi, the cross-eyed possum.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its unbelief, Christ took care of the first part its up to men to deal with the second.

Just as Moses lifted up teh serpent so was Christ lifted up, so that all who believe in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

Its enough for Him is it not enough for you, that you must burden men.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its unbelief, Christ took care of the first part its up to men to deal with the second.

Just as Moses lifted up teh serpent so was Christ lifted up, so that all who believe in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

Its enough for Him is it not enough for you, that you must burden men.

What separated man from God in the first place?

SIN!

That is why Jesus came, to repair the damage done by sin, and to make us children of God and no longer sinners who commit the one thing that could separate us again from God. Sin!

You seem to believe that Jesus came to just take our punishment, so we can go on sinning. What foolishness! You have no idea about the absolute holiness of God. Heaven will be filled with the righteous and holy, not those who love sin. It is either obedience to Jesus, or obedience to the devil and sin. Which will you keep choosing, because you can't mix the two.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What separated man from God in the first place?

SIN!

That is why Jesus came, to repair the damage done by sin, and to make us children of God and no longer sinners who commit the one thing that could separate us again from God. Sin!

You seem to believe that Jesus came to just take our punishment, so we can go on sinning. What foolishness! You have no idea about the absolute holiness of God. Heaven will be filled with the righteous and holy, not those who love sin. It is either obedience to Jesus, or obedience to the devil and sin. Which will you keep choosing, because you can't mix the two.

And now unbelief and religious people laying "burdens" on others. Is sin all you know...?? If you knew what Christ has done you wouldnt be running around condemning the world and yourself with it.

You know what Jesus said when up on that cross, "Its is finished" what part of "finished" do you not understand.

Famine, yes of wisdom understanding and sadly for so many seemingly Gods grace

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had raccoons for years, but I also feed possums, birds and squirrels, so I like to use these. But, for you maybe I'll change it to something else. Sorry, you don't like Heidi, the cross-eyed possum.
Hi CL, sorry about Heidi, she was alright, maybe some sunglasses on her would have done the trick. but glad that you're taking care of the animals. that's a good thing, God bless you.

so staying on topic a bit, as long as you feed the animals, there want be a "famine" there in the land for them :)
but I did love the raccoon avatar, ... (smile). and thanks for the squirrel. do he or she have a name?

PICJAG

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now unbelief and religious people laying "burdens" on others. Is sin all you know...?? If you knew what Christ has done you wouldnt be running around condemning the world and yourself with it.

You know what Jesus said when up on that cross, "Its is finished" what part of "finished" do you not understand.

Famine, yes of wisdom understanding and sadly for so many seemingly Gods grace

What did Jesus free us from?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi CL, sorry about Heidi, she was alright, maybe some sunglasses on her would have done the trick. but glad that you're taking care of the animals. that's a good thing, God bless you.

so staying on topic a bit, as long as you feed the animals, there want be a "famine" there in the land for them :)
but I did love the raccoon avatar, ... (smile). and thanks for the squirrel. do he or she have a name?

PICJAG

Can't you tell? He's my faith healer squirrel!

Last edited:
Reactions: 101G