Famine of the soul: David Wilkerson

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a terrible famine raging in the land today. Not a famine of food but of human need. Multitudes are starving for love and affection; for peace and contentment; for purpose and fulfillment. The word famine actually means “extreme scarcity, unfulfilled hunger, starvation of any kind.” That pretty well sums up the emptiness so many are experiencing today.

A simple and biblical way out of despair and spiritual famine is found in a single word — hope. Hope is a growing inner faith that what you need is possible. “Jesus looked at them and said to them, ‘With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible’” (Matthew 19:26).

Hope is the assurance that all things will turn out for your good in God’s time. “All things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28). You may think you are doomed to despair, but God has promised to do right by you, in his time, in his way.

Hope is a confidence in the face of no visible evidence; confidence that says, “I don’t see it yet, but I am going to start thanking and praising God now. He has already made provision for me.” It is also complete trust that in spite of all the odds, God is going to work on your behalf and hold you steady. “The Lord knows the days of the upright … and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied … for the Lord upholds him with His hand” (Psalm 37:18-19, 24).

Will that famine you are experiencing keep you separated from Christ’s love? Never! “I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:38-39).

Jesus loves you so much that he will never let you down or fail you. Come to him honestly with hope in your heart and tell him, “Lord, you are going to see me through and deliver me with your power. I praise you for that.”

A Famine of the Soul - Sermon Index

My thoughts: Sometimes we need to grab that one little strand of Hope, that scarlet thread that hung out the window of Jericho as it faced destruction, and hold onto that hope, and God will protect us and carry us through. That Scarlet thread is the Blood of Christ, which was shed for you, and represents God's Love for you. Because he was willing to shed His blood, the blood of God for you, we can know he wants what is best for us... Hold onto that Hope. as someone who has lived this in times of great grief and loneliness and sorrow, Having nothing else to Hold onto but His love, now, i rejoice as He is fulfilling not only what i hoped for but what I have dreamed about. Humble yourself in the sight of the LORD and He will lift you up. He cannot lift us up, until we are broken, where we come to realize we can't, but he can, and will. You may lose some things or people you depend on in your life, in order to learn this hard lesson to depend on the providence of God. Our one and only hope.

May God be praised.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
People need to know that:

We – the church – have an awesome God.
We have a God who can turn your life around and give you a brand new start – a clean slate.
We have a God who knows exactly where you’re at and can meet all your needs.
We have a God who knows you by name and wants you to let him love you.
We have a God who can help you be a better parent; a better husband, wife, son or daughter.
We have a God who knows everything there is to know about you, yet loved you so much he sent his son, Jesus, to die as the atonement for your sin.
We have a God who can help you with every situation in your life.
We have a God who can reach into every area of your life and make a difference.
We have a God who doesn’t condemn you, but reaches out to you in love.
We have a God who is the answer to all your problems.
We have a God who is real, relevant and remarkable in today’s world.
We have a God who knows that even though you are wealthy, you have never been truly happy.
We have a God who knows you are an addict and wants to set you free.
We have a God who knows your pain and wants to heal you.
We have a God who knows you are struggling to bring up a child by yourself and wants to help.

So if you don't know Him already come and find out about him; come and discover for yourself that these are not just empty promises.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi David, I use the sermon index on youtube to find concise anointed preaching of the word also, not random celebrity preachers.

There is truly a famine of many souls today. My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.
Hosea4:3-9 ( cxt ) We know that the Word of God is our life source.
Therefore we must stay in the word to study and hold our doctrine, and we must pray to be an harvester of souls.

The population clock has nearly 8 billion ppl in the world; there are 2.3 billion christian professors. That leaves nearly 6 billion ppl within cults ,worshipping other gods, in the occult or in out-right unbelief !

Our work is to spread the gospel.
I'm wondering of that 2.3 billion how many are true believers and followers of God. Those of true faith that stand in his word.
If stats are correct we are failing Jesus in a most miserable way !