Famine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
SATEEK About a million people are facing famine in India's northeastern state of Mizoram after rats ate the region's entire paddy crop. The rats swept through the forests, feasting on the fruits of wild bamboo, which flowers every 48 years. When they finished the bamboo, they turned to the farmers' crops. The last time the bamboo flowered was in 1959 when a similar influx led to severe food shortages. Aid agencies have said that most villagers are surviving on wild roots, yam and sweet potatoes. “Conditions of widespread food shortage and hunger prevail in all eight districts of Mizoram,” said a report by the international aid agency Actionaid. “The Government is reluctant to accept that the situation is rapidly slipping out of its control.” Mizoram needs about 15 million kilos (16,500 tons) of rice a month, but only about a fifth of that is available. Local people call the famine that follows bamboo flowering mautum, which means bamboo death. In 1959 the famine led to the birth of the Mizo National Famine Front, which ended up fighting the Indian Government for independence. After 20 years of war and 3,000 deaths, the rebel group won recognition for Mizoram as a separate state but not independence. (Reuters)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Wakka you are getting so wise in your older years
smile.gif
smile.gif

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(kriss;41363)
Wakka you are getting so wise in your older years
smile.gif
smile.gif

Oh shush, no I'm not.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
yeah you are can not hardly wait to see what you know by the time you are a legal adult (LOL)

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(kriss;41444)
yeah you are can not hardly wait to see what you know by the time you are a legal adult (LOL)
Right now I just want to build a better relationship with God. If I'm studying this on my own (with little help of the Holy Spirit), imagine how established I will be once I'm fully yielded to the Holy Spirit.But I knew that there was a famine a while ago. It's a world wide famine too.

Aleks_Kravchuk

Mar 14, 2008
I just hit 19 on March 8. I feel that my years old scale just jumped up by 1. Happens every 365 days, well 366 if you count the LEAP day.Famine....who caused it all? God did not cause it. People did. If only people would share. Then every mountain would become a plain and every valley would be filled. And the path would be straight for our Lord.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Aleks_Kravchuk;41447)
I just hit 19 on March 8. I feel that my years old scale just jumped up by 1. Happens every 365 days, well 366 if you count the LEAP day.Famine....who caused it all? God did not cause it. People did. If only people would share. Then every mountain would become a plain and every valley would be filled. And the path would be straight for our Lord.
Nice.