Fathers Original Country Song

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was wondering if somebody could maybe record this for me since I know that there are some musicians on here. It sort of has this tune that I'm posting below but feel free to be creative with it and throw your own spin on it. I wrote it for my upcoming third Rock God story and it's a song that DJ/God writes and sings to his son Mick. :) (And @Nancy and @Grailhunter I already promised to tag you on it so here it is. I also think that @Mayflower and @FluffyYellowDuck are probably going to love this as well. I don't want to toot my own horn but I truly believe that it's been the best song I've ever written so far. :) )

Edit: I'm adding @Heart2Soul and @JohnDB to this.

Oh I remember before you were born,
How I couldn't wait for you to enter the world.
And my love rained down from the sky,
And it became the twinkle in your eye.
And ever since then you've been my baby boy.

Chorus

Oh, I could hold you all night long,
You're the reason I wrote this song.
For I'll be with you in your joy,
When you cry I'll rock my baby boy.
For my love will go on forever more,
Cause that's what fathers are for.

Oh I breathed into you your first breath,
And I held your hand at every step.
When you fell I held you close.
Now you are all up and grown,
And pretty soon you'll be on your own.
But you will always be in my heart.

Chorus

And if you ever get lost and call my name,
Just know I'll come running just the same.
Yeah, that's what fathers are for.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Usually these parent songs hard to get through without crying, LOL. But I could try. I learned if I post it on Facebook with the artist I don't have troubles. Even with songs I write though, now YouTube is taking a ridiculous long time letting it through because of copyright stuff. Why I don't know if I am doing it right. LOL

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Usually these parent songs hard to get through without crying, LOL. But I could try. I learned if I post it on Facebook with the artist I don't have troubles. Even with songs I write though, now YouTube is taking a ridiculous long time letting it through because of copyright stuff. Why I don't know if I am doing it right. LOL

Umm,.. that was an original song lol it just has a similar tune to the song I posted. :)

Reactions: Mayflower

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think my recorder is good enough to do it! Or that my voice is good enough lol

This is from about ten years ago. I messed up at the end and depending on the speakers you might not hear it. It is a song I wrote.

I'll wait until I'm on my laptop to hear it, but what did you guys think of the song I wrote? I want your honest opinions now.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really like the lyrics. I wanted to pick a favorite part but I couldn't because I like the whole thing! Lol!

It's very sweet, honestly.

Aww,.. thanks. :) I wrote it all like after two-thirty in the morning because I didn't want to forget any of it. XD :D

Reactions: DuckieLady

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In all seriousness though, if God were to write a country song to one of His kids I think that would pretty much be it and He agrees and thinks that I did an incredible job. :D

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Truman, I was thinking about tagging you for this but I wasn't sure if you recorded country music.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll wait until I'm on my laptop to hear it, but what did you guys think of the song I wrote? I want your honest opinions now.

Oh you write it! Okay! Cool!!!! I see so you want someone to sing it with the words you wrote? Is that what you are asking? Love the words. Haven't listened yet to the song.

Reactions: April_Rose

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey Truman, I was thinking about tagging you for this but I wasn't sure if you recorded country music.
Life is one big country song. Your song just ripped my heart even more. I love my son.
I am a follower of Jesus. I haven't been in trouble with the law since 1982.
I thought these guys were in my son's past. I recently found out a few of them were in my house a while back.
Obviously, he's still in touch with them. I've been calling him out but he won't talk about it. Please pray.
80 grenades, launches seized in OPP gang probe

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ill think about it. Would have to have another tempo to it I think. I think this is Truman's style where he could rock the song. :) I could try to sing a version if you want though.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ill think about it. Would have to have another tempo to it I think. I think this is Truman's style where he could rock the song. :) I could try to sing a version if you want though.

Thanks for your kind words and is it alright if I ask him to do it? I am definitely not a songwriter so that's why I'm so excited right now lol I actually wrote something good for once. :D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was wondering if somebody could maybe record this for me since I know that there are some musicians on here. It sort of has this tune that I'm posting below but feel free to be creative with it and throw your own spin on it. I wrote it for my upcoming third Rock God story and it's a song that DJ/God writes and sings to his son Mick. :) (And @Nancy and @Grailhunter I already promised to tag you on it so here it is. I also think that @Mayflower and @FluffyYellowDuck are probably going to love this as well. I don't want to toot my own horn but I truly believe that it's been the best song I've ever written so far. :) )

Oh I remember before you were born,
How I couldn't wait for you to enter the world.
And my love rained down from the sky,
And it became the twinkle in your eye.
And ever since then you've been my baby boy.

Chorus

Oh, I could hold you all night long,
You're the reason I wrote this song.
For I'll be with you in your joy,
When you cry I'll rock my baby boy.
For my love will go on forever more,

Oh I breathed into you your first breath,
And I held your hand at every step.
When you fell I held you close.
Now you are all up and grown,
And pretty soon you'll be on your own.
But you will always be in my heart.

Chorus

And if you ever get lost and call my name,
Just know I'll come running just the same.
Yeah, that's what fathers are for.

Wonderful April! I know Truman is a musician...perhaps he could help with the melody?