favorite scriptures :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 18:21-23
King James Version

21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

I remember feeling a lot of shame in my life at one point. How could I move on? But when I read these verses, it freed me.

I knew that if I turned to God that day and stopped backsliding, Id be saved. It really is simple. God is not interested in holding our past mistakes against us if we just turn to Him and obey Him from now on.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mic 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Hugs

Reactions: TLHKAJ and amadeus

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4:29
The Voice
29 Don’t let even one rotten word seep out of your mouths. Instead, offer only fresh words that build others up when they need it most. That way your good words will communicate grace to those who hear them.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4:29
The Voice
29 Don’t let even one rotten word seep out of your mouths. Instead, offer only fresh words that build others up when they need it most. That way your good words will communicate grace to those who hear them.

Proverbs 12:18
NLT

Some people make cutting remarks,
but the words of the wise bring healing.

:)

Reactions: Wrangler

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The words of the wise bring healing...

Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then the angel said to me, "Write this: Blessed are those who have been called to the wedding feast of the Lamb." And he said to me, "These words are true; they come from God."

Pax et Bonum!

Reactions: Ziggy