Favorite Truths from the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord has really blessed my Bible reading, so I wanted to share some of the truths in scripture that have been "jumping out at me" as I read and study. I love it when the Holy Spirit draws my attention to a verse, and I am fed by His Word as I meditate on it.

Hopefully, others will share, and I pray that this thread can be a blessing in the midst of much tension around the world and contention here at CB.

I do ask one thing. I know it will be tempting to debate what others share, but let's please do our debating in the debate forums and not here.

Blessings!!!

Reactions: Debp and amadeus

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll begin with a verse from John's first epistle.

1 John 5:12-13--The one who has the Son has life. The one who doesn’t have the Son of God does not have life. I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

What a comfort it is that we can KNOW that we HAVE eternal life.

Reactions: Debp

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's another gem from 1 John. I'm trying to keep these short, but there are so many goodies in these verses, I'm having a hard time limiting what I post.

1 John 3:16-20
This is how we have come to know love: He laid down His life for us. We should also lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has this world’s goods and sees his brother in need but closes his eyes to his need — how can God’s love reside in him?
Little children, we must not love with word or speech, but with truth and action. This is how we will know we belong to the truth and will convince our conscience in His presence, even if our conscience condemns us, that God is greater than our conscience, and He knows all things.

Sometimes I hear people say that they don't know if God loves them, but here is the proof. Jesus laid down His life for us! What a comfort to KNOW that he loves us so much. It's also a comfort to me to know that HE KNOWS ALL THINGS.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These verses are probably familiar to all of you here.

1 John 4:7-12
Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love. God’s love was revealed among us in this way: God sent His One and Only Son into the world so that we might live through Him. Love consists in this: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Dear friends, if God loved us in this way, we also must love one another. No one has ever seen God. If we love one another, God remains in us and His love is perfected in us.

I'm always convicted when I read these verses! Paul said that we are to pursue love (1 Cor 14:1). I try to remember to ask myself if love is my motive in the things I do and say. The Holy Spirit convicts me if it's not, and I repent and try again.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's another gem from 1 John. I'm trying to keep these short, but there are so many goodies in these verses, I'm having a hard time limiting what I post.

1 John 3:16-20
This is how we have come to know love: He laid down His life for us. We should also lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has this world’s goods and sees his brother in need but closes his eyes to his need — how can God’s love reside in him?
Little children, we must not love with word or speech, but with truth and action. This is how we will know we belong to the truth and will convince our conscience in His presence, even if our conscience condemns us, that God is greater than our conscience, and He knows all things.

Sometimes I hear people say that they don't know if God loves them, but here is the proof. Jesus laid down His life for us! What a comfort to KNOW that he loves us so much. It's also a comfort to me to know that HE KNOWS ALL THINGS.
"No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." John 10:18

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first

If you belonged to the world, the world would love its own; but because you do not belong to the world, and I have chosen you out of the world, the world hates you.

John 15: 18-19

Be not afraid!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first

If you belonged to the world, the world would love its own; but because you do not belong to the world, and I have chosen you out of the world, the world hates you.

John 15: 18-19

Be not afraid!
Amen, and let not your heart be troubled! (John 14:1)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Prayer Warrior Always useful. The same phrase is in verse 27 also:

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

:)
Yes, I love this! The peace Jesus gives is very different from any other kind of peace. We can have His peace when the world is falling down around us. I have experienced this. It's amazing!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This morning, I've been reading some more in John's epistles. I'm most familiar with John's first epistle, but his other two are very worth studying as well.

3 John 1-4
The Elder:
To my dear friend Gaius: I love you in the truth.
Dear friend, I pray that you may prosper in every way and be in good health physically just as you are spiritually. For I was very glad when some brothers came and testified to your faithfulness to the truth — how you are walking in the truth. I have no greater joy than this: to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

The phrase "walking in the truth" jumped out at me as I read this. I believe that this means living according to God's truth. When we come to the Lord, our minds need to be renewed, which reminds me of something Paul said.

Romans 12:1-2--Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.

Jesus asked the Father to sanctify us "by the truth."

John 17:15-19
I am not praying
that You take them out of the world
but that You protect them from the evil one.
They are not of the world,
as I am not of the world.
Sanctify them by the truth;
Your word is truth.
As You sent Me into the world,
I also have sent them into the world.
I sanctify Myself for them,
so they also may be sanctified by the truth.

Last edited: