Fear of HELL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Now I love Jesus, I repent, I feel a hunger a desire to study and learn and grow the likes of which I have never experienced before.

So why this fear,

I have never done a lot of research into the subject, well not to any major extent, I know the origins of hell (Gehenna) from the Old Testament, but I dont really understand to a full extent the Hell of revelation.

It is called the second death, and death and hades will be thrown in to it, is about the extent of my knowledge on the subject.

I feel the Spirit in me telling me to have no fear, that I was loved long before I loved.

So how do I conquer this fear?

Thanks guys

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Uh, the Old Testament speaks of Sheol, which is the grave.

The New Testament speaks of Gehenna, which is a place of fire.
In one place, the New Testament mentions Tartarus, which is a region of Hades.
The New Testament routinely mentions Hades, which in ancient Greek culture was the final resting place of all dead people.

The Book of Revelation tells us that Death and Hades will be thrown in to the Lake of Fire, as well as those people whose names are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Those of us who are trusting in Messiah Jesus for eternal life have our names written in the Lamb's Book of Life. So, we not need fear the Lake of Fire.

For what it's worth, none of the biblical authors used the word Hell, because that word is Norse in origin, and the biblical writers didn't use the language of the ancient Norse.

In ancient Norse culture, Hell was the Norse equivalent of Hades, the final resting place of all dead people.

Later, the word Hell was borrowed from the Norse and applied to the Lake of Fire mentioned in the book of Revelation.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Sorry of course your right, Hell is not in the Old Testament. I was meaning Gehenna and referring to its overflow in to New Testament teachings.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Madad............This is very simple...........we don't want to make it out to be more than it is.....satan the god of hell wants us all to get caught up in scriptures and going back and re looking things over....lets say with...........questions. Questions are good...but lets not camp there :)

Madad........there is no reason in hell you should fear hell. There is nothing there that concerns you.

I've read enough of your posts that I see you need to FEAR NOT!

Now.....if you have given your life to Jesus and asked for forgiveness of sins.......then..........you must have had a changed heart.

I know you are curious about hell....and probably other things as we all are.

All we need to know is.......we are saved by grace........and what are you saved from? hell

Since you are God's child..........don't sweat the small stuff :) One day we will all see satan.....and we will all say..."That thing...that little thing caused me all this trouble in my life...that thing which sets perfectly under my boot, that thing?"

The biggest thing satan wants from us...after we come to know Christ is............taking, misleading, creating doubts and is always after our testimonies.

All we need to stay focused on is God's love for us.......let God deal with that other stuff.

I personally believe there is a hell.................but I know for sure I'm not going there....why???

I know that I know That I know :)

I've been forgiven.............Thank you Jesus........PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Madad,

What is it about Hell that you fear? Do you have doubts about your own salvation?

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
RANDOR said:
Madad............This is very simple...........we don't want to make it out to be more than it is.....satan the god of hell wants us all to get caught up in scriptures and going back and re looking things over....lets say with...........questions. Questions are good...but lets not camp there :)

Madad........there is no reason in hell you should fear hell. There is nothing there that concerns you.

I've read enough of your posts that I see you need to FEAR NOT!

Now.....if you have given your life to Jesus and asked for forgiveness of sins.......then..........you must have had a changed heart.

I know you are curious about hell....and probably other things as we all are.

All we need to know is.......we are saved by grace........and what are you saved from? hell

Since you are God's child..........don't sweat the small stuff :) One day we will all see satan.....and we will all say..."That thing...that little thing caused me all this trouble in my life...that thing which sets perfectly under my boot, that thing?"

The biggest thing satan wants from us...after we come to know Christ is............taking, misleading, creating doubts and is always after our testimonies.

All we need to stay focused on is God's love for us.......let God deal with that other stuff.

I personally believe there is a hell.................but I know for sure I'm not going there....why???

I know that I know That I know :)

I've been forgiven.............Thank you Jesus........PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME
Thanks bud, I love the things you say, you have a very special gift of affirmation may you never be disheartened but always blessed and a blessing to others as you were with me today. amen

Nomad said:
Hi Madad,

What is it about Hell that you fear? Do you have doubts about your own salvation?
Thank you for the question

Honestly mate I think it stems from my young teen days when my Mother used to take us to a JW kingdom hall, I wasnt a Christian then, actually not untill I was 32 did I cry out to Christ, but that was the first feeling of damnation I had ever experienced because we were being taught to fear a lot of the time as I can remember, I remember my Mum was a nervous wreck with them and a couple years later we were dissfellowshipped because my mother started asking a lot of questions about their doctrine. I never thought about it again until well after I was saved. The night I asked Christ in to my life I was fortunate enough to experience his presence and a very overwhelming sense of love and a weight shifting from my back. I was alone and contemplating suicide. my mother is now a retired Anglican minister and Im studying,

But yeah i think over especially the last couple years I have been experiencing this growing oppression, and the JW thing is the only thing I keep coming back to in my mind. or maybe it just reminds me of it.

Maybe sometimes I have doubts, especially when I read some topics on certain ways to be saved that make a person doubt their worthiness, which I know in my heart is ludicrous.

Thanks for your time Nomad.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Madad21 said:
Thanks bud, I love the things you say, you have a very special gift of affirmation may you never be disheartened but always blessed and a blessing to others as you were with me today. amen

Honestly mate I think it stems from my young teen days when my Mother used to take us to a JW kingdom hall, I wasnt a Christian then, actually not untill I was 32 did I cry out to Christ, but that was the first feeling of damnation I had ever experienced because we were being taught to fear a lot of the time as I can remember, I remember my Mum was a nervous wreck with them and a couple years later we were dissfellowshipped because my mother started asking a lot of questions about their doctrine. I never thought about it again until well after I was saved. The night I asked Christ in to my life I was fortunate enough to experience his presence and a very overwhelming sense of love and a weight shifting from my back. I was alone and contemplating suicide. my mother is now a retired Anglican minister and Im studying,

But yeah i think over especially the last couple years I have been experiencing this growing oppression, and the JW thing is the only thing I keep coming back to in my mind. or maybe it just reminds me of it.

Maybe sometimes I have doubts, especially when I read some topics on certain ways to be saved that make a person doubt their worthiness, which I know in my heart is ludicrous.

Thanks Madad...............that was very nice of ya to say..........now get back to the WARRIOR YOU ARE :)

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Sounds like what happened to me. I believed as a child, but when I became an adult, I started to take Christ's substitutional sacrifice for me seriously. I felt a sense of peace in my spirit.
Then I started hanging out with self-righteous, legalistic Christians (if that's not an oxymoron.... ?), and WHAM !!! The fear hit me.
I had to start getting into faith 101 and drinking milk again until it got into my spirit that it is CHRIST who saves me from hell. It took a long time, but I am finally walking in His light again. Well, I always was, I just had my blinders on.

Being around JW's in your earlier days, maybe there's a spirit of false doctrine following you around. I know you will never let it take you again, but the enemy does send his fiery darts, like doubt and fear, to get you. When you feel the presence of this spirit of fear, rebuke it in the name of Jesus. As many times and as long as it takes. Recite out loud in these times of fear the scriptures with tell you that you are HIS forever.

God Bless You Brother :)

laid renard ~

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you folks for caring!

I wonder why Paul wrote Rom.3:18, "There is no fear (possibly "terror") of God before their eyes," appropriating Ps.36:1 of course.

Could it possibly be that the "fear of God" is one of the great concepts of the Bible? I, myself, feel it has to do with not wanting to offend or even provoke a living God waaay beyond church on Sunday for the reduced time of "1" hour from the whole 1.5 hours reduced from the 24/7 of the early 1900s. This fear is the negative side of agape which always seeks to please God.

Old Jack

btw a "fear" of hell forever and ever is a big part of it.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
shturt678 said:

I wonder why Paul wrote Rom.3:18, "There is no fear (possibly "terror") of God before their eyes," appropriating Ps.36:1 of course.

Could it possibly be that the "fear of God" is one of the great concepts of the Bible? I, myself, feel it has to do with not wanting to offend or even provoke a living God waaay beyond church on Sunday for the reduced time of "1" hour from the whole 1.5 hours reduced from the 24/7 of the early 1900s. This fear is the negative side of agape which always seeks to please God.

Old Jack

btw a "fear" of hell forever and ever is a big part of it.
I agree with you, sir, in that on the Judgement Seat very few will be proud and sassy with his head lifted up in anticipation.

The fear you feel will most likely in my mind be the same fear you will have then. And if not now but then so what? You END UP in the same state of fear...

And this fear is for two reasons. We DON'T make the mark God set, the Shema to be specific, not even TRYING our hardest to make it, and we ARE beholden to mediation of the Son WHEN THE TIME COMES. We think all is hunkydory, whether the tests of faith come or not?

Perfect Love casts out ALL fear, but this perfect Love is the Holy Ghost come upon a man no more no less. And if IT DON'T then we ARE GONNA FEAR.

That was the second reason. But IF the Holy Shekinah of God, his glorious peace and Joy comes upon a man, AND THIS DOES HAPPEN for many led as sheep to slaughter, in their martyrdoms, in their tests and trials some LIFE AND DEATH trials we WILL have, THEN there will be no fear only peace and harmonic SETTLEDNESS.

And IF it don't happen then fear not, for Jesus hath overcome the world. Remember to SHOUT for him even if you be grovelin' that slave, dog gone grovelin.' And your arms and hands in front OF YOUR FACE lest the glory of God makes you blind even unto death itself...shout for Jesus shout for Jesus...

...for he is your only and best hope.

And I tell ye a secret, Madad. Fear God first and ye shalt not fear anything on this earth or in the ethers ever. Even ghosts and spirits will stand aside to let you pass.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
laid renard said:
God Bless You Brother :)

laid renard ~
This is inspiring and I can relate with your story, a doctrine of fear at a young age didnt help. Thank you and nice to meet you mate.

shturt678 said:

Food for thought , thank you.

nothead said:
And I tell ye a secret, Madad. Fear God first and ye shalt not fear anything on this earth or in the ethers ever. Even ghosts and spirits will stand aside to let you pass.
You stuff takes some reading nothead, maybe its an accent coming through the keyboard, I agree that fear is a healthy thing to have, and I really like this last line above, fills me with strength. Thank you sincerely.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hell is a place for souls who have never surrendered to Jesus in oder to learn to love like he loves. it is a place full of antisocial, narcissistic, opportunists who think about themselves or their opions, doctrines, before others. People who disregard Hell are destined for it. People who follow Jesus's life and behavior are going to transcend a hard, arrogant heart. Jesus placed people above doctrine - this is our salvation.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Madad21 said:

JW's don't believe in the hellfire doctrine. They do however believe strongly in Armageddon and have had pictures depicting this in graphic detail in many of their publications. I have heard that these pictures have frightened many children and caused them to have nightmares. JW's believe that anyone who is not a JW will be destroyed in Armageddon.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
JW's typically feel that they do not have any assurance that they themselves will survive Armageddon. They are taught thay what they have is hope. I asked one if he expected he would survive, and he replied with "I hope to". I then asked if he was sure he would survive and got the same reply. I then mentioned that it was by faith and he agreed, so I asked him what faith is. He promptly went to his NWT, and read from Heb.11:1...." Now faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for...." He didn't get any furhter before his mouth dropped, having admitted that he did not have faith, only having the hope but not the assured expectation. I believe God had given me the wisdom to direct this questioning to him.

The point is that faith should give one the assurance of his eternal destiny. But James said that a double minded man is unstable. So here is where we get tripped up by our enemy. He will introduce passages in the bible that are mis applied by some and taken out of context by some, and cause doubts to occur about what God said concerning the way to salvation. If you want to see some of these conflicting doctrines that cause a person to believe opposite things simultaneously, just look at some of the discussions on this website on the subject. One such discussion is "how to get to heaven". I had an adversary on that site who continuosly mis quoted me and mis applied my replies, also mis applying scripture in the process (in my humble opinion).

My recent replies on that subject are a little off topic. However, the original point is that what happened to the Galatians has not ceased to be a thorn in the flesh of the gospel over the centuries. They had received life and the Spirit by the hearing of faith, but aftwerwrd were beguiled into adding works of the flesh for justification (law). As long as a person feels he must maintain his status with God through any other means than faith, he will be unstable, because it will no longer be by God's promise alone and by the work of One man alone (Jesus), but also by a person's own effort as well. Rom. chapter 5 should erase this error. But there is leaven lurking in our midst.

In addition to these things, God has given the Holy Spirit as a guarantee of our inheritance. I often wonder how is it that a person can have the Spirit but not the guarantee. Faith has to do with taking God at His word. It is called our victory that overcomes the world (1John 5:4). We are told to put on the armour of God, not the least of which is the shield of faith. I suggest one reads AND BELIEVES John 5:24, for starters. This is also the helmet of salvation. The whole armour is put on through understanding the truth. This is the way that contradiction can be put out of the heart. James said..."purify your heart you double minded".

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
aspen said:
hell is a place for souls who have never surrendered to Jesus in oder to learn to love like he loves. it is a place full of antisocial, narcissistic, opportunists who think about themselves or their opions, doctrines, before others. People who disregard Hell are destined for it. People who follow Jesus's life and behavior are going to transcend a hard, arrogant heart. Jesus placed people above doctrine - this is our salvation.
Thanks bud, I agree well said.

truthquest said:
JW's don't believe in the hellfire doctrine. They do however believe strongly in Armageddon and have had pictures depicting this in graphic detail in many of their publications. I have heard that these pictures have frightened many children and caused them to have nightmares. JW's believe that anyone who is not a JW will be destroyed in Armageddon.
Yes, your right I remember this, and I certainly remember those pictures. "Fear Incorporated"

williemac said:
JW's typically feel that they do not have any assurance that they themselves will survive Armageddon. They are taught thay what they have is hope. I asked one if he expected he would survive, and he replied with "I hope to". I then asked if he was sure he would survive and got the same reply. I then mentioned that it was by faith and he agreed, so I asked him what faith is. He promptly went to his NWT, and read from Heb.11:1...." Now faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for...." He didn't get any furhter before his mouth dropped, having admitted that he did not have faith, only having the hope but not the assured expectation. I believe God had given me the wisdom to direct this questioning to him.

The point is that faith should give one the assurance of his eternal destiny. But James said that a double minded man is unstable. So here is where we get tripped up by our enemy. He will introduce passages in the bible that are mis applied by some and taken out of context by some, and cause doubts to occur about what God said concerning the way to salvation. If you want to see some of these conflicting doctrines that cause a person to believe opposite things simultaneously, just look at some of the discussions on this website on the subject. One such discussion is "how to get to heaven". I had an adversary on that site who continuosly mis quoted me and mis applied my replies, also mis applying scripture in the process (in my humble opinion).

My recent replies on that subject are a little off topic. However, the original point is that what happened to the Galatians has not ceased to be a thorn in the flesh of the gospel over the centuries. They had received life and the Spirit by the hearing of faith, but aftwerwrd were beguiled into adding works of the flesh for justification (law). As long as a person feels he must maintain his status with God through any other means than faith, he will be unstable, because it will no longer be by God's promise alone and by the work of One man alone (Jesus), but also by a person's own effort as well. Rom. chapter 5 should erase this error. But there is leaven lurking in our midst.

In addition to these things, God has given the Holy Spirit as a guarantee of our inheritance. I often wonder how is it that a person can have the Spirit but not the guarantee. Faith has to do with taking God at His word. It is called our victory that overcomes the world (1John 5:4). We are told to put on the armour of God, not the least of which is the shield of faith. I suggest one reads AND BELIEVES John 5:24, for starters. This is also the helmet of salvation. The whole armour is put on through understanding the truth. This is the way that contradiction can be put out of the heart. James said..."purify your heart you double minded".
You make a strong point and this is certainly food for thought, there was a lot of pressure as I recall to conform to doctrine. My Mother couldn't help in the end but to cock her eyebrow at much of it, I remember one time while out witnessing we came across a guy who I think was a priest or pastor at a local church. My mother has always been very wise and knowledgable where she actually studied for hours on end the material given her by the hall, but this guy I remember invited us in to his home and out the back where we had this awesome view of the hill sides and farmlands, he made us a cup of tea and spoke with my mother for maybe an hour or two. He was polite and very patient and my mothers arguments kept running in to theological roadblocks at every turn. My mother did not become upset and the guy was a spring of knowledge, I was teen all I wanted to do was go home and see what my mates where up to, but I remember that this was maybe the first time my mothers questions became arguments against the doctrine. When she confronted the "elders" they couldn't provide the answers to her questions, an this frustrated her, she just wanted anything that would make this doctrine she had placed so much hope in concrete, any affirmation from the Elders to bring her mind at ease but instead she was becoming shunned by them instead of embraced. Finally disfellowshipped.
I asked her not long ago what was the reason she finally decided that this was not a good doctrine, she replied that she realised that the God of the Bible and the god of the Jehovah's witnesses were vastly different. She learnt the God was a God of Love and freedom, not fear and oppression. That His love will set her free, not what she was being taught that through fear of God she may find freedom in obedience. God showed her that He loved her and he wanted her to be free to love him and worship him in love and peace. She went to the Word and she was set free by it. She stopped by a local Anglican church and asked them if they needed help with anything and they got her to give them a hand helping with the mentally disabled. She became interested then they got her to go and do some polytechnic courses in mental heath and she started a career through the church in the field of counselling those with mental disabilities at the hospital, after this she became a Minister and she held church at the hospitals each week as well as being at peoples be sides in their hour of need. She is retired now and very at peace with God, she has an amazing story about freedom to love. THat religion would have destroyed our family and it almost did. I was 12 years old when my mother gave me an ultimatum one sunday evening to continue going to the Hall with her or be shunned by her and left to be destroyed. I walked away from her and she was reduced to tears because she was convinced that she had lost me forever, thats how bad it was for her there, it wasnt long after that my older brother died he suffered greatly the effects of the disfellowship losing all his friends, they kept trying to take him from us after that, but even he saw the cracks, he was exhausted suffering mentally the night he fell asleep behind the wheel of his car,..........I miss him so much.............
Im glad Christ came in to our lives, Im glad he his a God of love and not fear a God who is for the family not against it. See I understand first hand the destruction bad religion has, any religion that can tear a family apart is a bad religion, one that causes a mother to disown her own children, one that kicks people out of church for the crime of wanting to understand its theology for asking too many questions.
I mean no offense to any JW reading this, this is just my experience. But if what I know is wrong and if I dont have salvation then I can not explain what happened to me the night I cried out and met Jesus, I remember it like it was yesterday, I remember going from wanting to die to complete elation and acceptance. I balled not for fear or pain but for the amount of love that was being pulsated in to my heart at that very moment. The physical feeling of an immense weight shifting from my back. I was not on drugs or delirious, I have never had that feeling before and I had nothing even remotely like it afterwards in all this time.

If what I understand about God Jesus the Holy Spirit and the Bible is wrong then would have Jesus have confirmed my salvation that night based on the advice and doctrine of a Baptists pastor that I had been speaking to only the night before?
It was not the doctrine of Arianism that set me free that night, in fact I have even had a few tell me that it was a demonic trick to keep me away from the truth, that its okay I am able to go back to them one day when Im ready. My stomach churns at the thought of it.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
williemac said:

Assurance of Salvation is there or it ain't. But BEING there it may just be lukewarm complacency and secondly IT ITSELF is not biblically said to be required.

IN fact for most this is a rational construct when true assurance is Spirit to spirit. I avow there is NO DIRECT LINK from mental assurance and Salvation, since rationally you can affirm many things.
And the heart of attitude is the core of faith. The blessed gut knowing is the knowing of faith. The constant and still small presence of God in our lives the relationship in Covenant is what faith in action is.

For most the intimate presence of God is TOO MUCH to handle, as Jack Nicholson said about TRUTH. No man normally hears God or sees Him as He is. This is Truth and let no Waco Messiah lead to astray. Koresh had it not, but he was assured OF it in his bean.

Bean Knowing is not faith at all. The assurance of things not seen is a spiritual dynamic. Spirit is obedient until death comes. And the spiritual awakening is day by day.

And why is BEAN KNOWING not knowing at all?

Well, since it considers probabilities, and the full spectrum of God, not only His relational aspect to you and me subjectively...

...faith having nothing to do with BEAN KNOWING since probabilities are seen through spiritual eyeballs not empirical eyeballs.

SOVEREIGN perspective puts you in heaven OR hell, with the probabilities even against you.

SPIRITUAL perspective sees your God and you in relationship, day by day, and en total what God will talk to you about at the Judgement. From Spirit to spirit. You and God, God and you.

You stuff takes some reading nothead, maybe its an accent coming through the keyboard, I agree that fear is a healthy thing to have, and I really like this last line above, fills me with strength. Thank you sincerely.

Hey, theoretically what is gonna happen when you post "I have a fear of hell?"

Every brother and his momma and his sister gonna baby you and reassure since we think this is the way to go.

Let me tell you the ancient core of knowing was GUT KNOWING and this through the enteric (?) nervous system, the bundle of nerves in your gut. This has recently been called by scientists your second brain.

Wow I got two brains, must be TWICE as smart as Hammerhead for instance. He only got metal for brains in ONE brain.

Seriously we KNOW fear mainly through our gut. And this FEAR is for a reason if God put it there. So then you gotta figure this out, is it from the Devil or God? Evil spirit or principallity or heaven?

See Peter was struck with fear when he saw all them fishes in the net. He was being IRRATIONAL in the face of Grace yet I say the FEAR he felt was for a godly reason, in order to be ready to FOLLOW HIS LORD to the ends of the earth.

"Have mercy upon me lord, for I am a sinful man." NOW he is ready and of right attitude.

And when Peter stumbled, could it not be said it was because HE DID NOT FEAR as well he should in time and place?

See fear can be for GOOD REASON. And accent or not I will not say NOT TO FEAR if we ARE TO FEAR. So I ain't a girly man. Let us be spiritual men and have courage. The KIND which girds up one's loins, sir.

The first post to you was a testimony that you will fear when you are on the hotseat. Me too and for good reason. God will put you to rest and SHOLOM spiritual peace or not. But to DENY this fear will come is to placate yourself as every lukewarm Baptist OSAS or not, Cheap Grace or not, Free Pass to Heaven or not will gloss.

We fear not the wrath of God since we are considering all else in life BUT. This is not godly or good. Much better to be gutfully FEARFUL as this Battle on Earth is a SERIOUS one. And it IS life or death for not only me and you but the ones in our midst.

Life and death. To fear is to be alive as the condition of man is. NOT WRONG en whole. Work out your salvation with fear AND TREMBLING in my absence as well as my presence, that YOU NOT STUMBLE in your complacency. Selah.

Why would Paul say this about HIMSELF unless he too feared YHWH Maker of Heaven and Earth?

Gosh did I forget to mention one more thing as conclusion? As much fear as Peter feared, in the face of Grace and all of them fishes...

did he not go to his death with SUPERNATURAL bravery and courage?" Crucify me upside down, for I am not worthy to be crucified as my lord was."

Traditional statement yes, but I believe it, for Peter walked the walk of a man like you or me. AND PREVAILED even to the songs of angels to eternity.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
aspen said:
Thank you for caring!

No refute, ie, for souls who have bumped into Biblcial Truth and view that Truth as fallacious to insane then one has a one way ticket to hell forever and ever tormented day and night with no annihilation.

Old Jack

btw I don't have that "Truth" thus relax.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worrying about Hell is like worrying about being uneducated when you have a full ride scholarship to Harvard.
Shturt - you rock!

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
shturt678 said:
Thank you for caring!

No refute, ie, for souls who have bumped into Biblcial Truth and view that Truth as fallacious to insane then one has a one way ticket to hell forever and ever tormented day and night with no annihilation.

Old Jack

btw I don't have that "Truth" thus relax.
Questionable doctrine. The bible does not use the word "annhilation". But Jesus said that one will either live forever or die (John6:50,51). He said one would either perish or have everlasting life (John 3:16). He said that both body and soul will be destroyed in Gehenna (the lake of fire) and said don't fear anyone who cannot kill the soul (Math.10:28) . The human soul in Hades is alive. The human soul in the lake of fire will not be.

Coming to God because one is afraid of hell is like getting married because one is afraid to be single. God initiates relationship. We respond. How much pleasure or satisfaction would God have in a relationship knowing that person responded merely out of fear through threats of torment? We love Him because He first loved us. The gospel is a message of God's love. His intention is to be pleading through us to the world to be reconciled to Him in response to His loving act of reconciliation (2Cor.5:19,20).

How many people who turn away are turning from a revelation of God's love? What are we telling them? Look around this website and see.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
williemac said:
Questionable doctrine. The bible does not use the word "annhilation". But Jesus said that one will either live forever or die (John6:50,51). He said one would either perish or have everlasting life (John 3:16). He said that both body and soul will be destroyed in Gehenna (the lake of fire) and said don't fear anyone who cannot kill the soul (Math.10:28) . The human soul in Hades is alive. The human soul in the lake of fire will not be.

Coming to God because one is afraid of hell is like getting married because one is afraid to be single. God initiates relationship. We respond. How much pleasure or satisfaction would God have in a relationship knowing that person responded merely out of fear through threats of torment? We love Him because He first loved us. The gospel is a message of God's love. His intention is to be pleading through us to the world to be reconciled to Him in response to His loving act of reconciliation (2Cor.5:19,20).

How many people who turn away are turning from a revelation of God's love? What are we telling them? Look around this website and see.
Thank you for your response, and caring!

If I wasn't such a Rom.3:18 Christian, I wouldn't push the issue that much. Jn.6:50, "and not die." grammatically and contextually refers to spiritual and eternal death. Now, after the last judgment, there is only "the second death," "the lake of the fire," ie, no more holding only of souls, but only the everlasting and everlasting and everlasting burning and burning and buring of the bodies as well as tormented mentally - not forever good.

Old Jack

Rev.20:14 This is the end of hell's (hades') holding only wicked souls that are tormented mentally that were transferred to it by a temporal death.