Fears of Russian Cyber Attacks

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Due to the Ukrainian war, there have been fears of Russian Cyber attacks such as ransomware. The solution is easy... DITCH THE MICROSOFT! I don't know what's so hard about that! Well, then we have to reprogram everything etc etc and yada yada! Well, that's A LOT easier than having to circumvent ransomware. I am not a "fanboy" of any other operating system. I basically say ditch the Microsoft that gets a virus at the drop of a hat and simply by turning your computer on. I'd say Linux is good, and the commercialized Linux is Android which has no viruses. Apple is good, too, as that's based on Unix. Not to say these operating systems are perfect, but it's no exaggeration to say that for every 100,000 viruses Microsoft gets, the other operating systems get one. So that means one piece of malware every 20-30 years or so on these operating systems. By then, I think we will get ONE malware program while Microsoft got dozens of times over in many reloads of their operating system. I can't see why both people and governments stay with this train wreck of an "operating system" called Microsoft. That company should do something useful and go into basket weaving or whatever.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or get a globe and a chalkboard and a really cool abacus and just ditch the world. I've considered doing it.

WOW, Your interests really match your avatar.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Due to the Ukrainian war, there have been fears of Russian Cyber attacks such as ransomware. The solution is easy... DITCH THE MICROSOFT! I don't know what's so hard about that! Well, then we have to reprogram everything etc etc and yada yada! Well, that's A LOT easier than having to circumvent ransomware. I am not a "fanboy" of any other operating system. I basically say ditch the Microsoft that gets a virus at the drop of a hat and simply by turning your computer on. I'd say Linux is good, and the commercialized Linux is Android which has no viruses. Apple is good, too, as that's based on Unix. Not to say these operating systems are perfect, but it's no exaggeration to say that for every 100,000 viruses Microsoft gets, the other operating systems get one. So that means one piece of malware every 20-30 years or so on these operating systems. By then, I think we will get ONE malware program while Microsoft got dozens of times over in many reloads of their operating system. I can't see why both people and governments stay with this train wreck of an "operating system" called Microsoft. That company should do something useful and go into basket weaving or whatever.

Beware! I know you from somewhere.

Reactions: amadeus

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Rollo, Good to see you here again.

Fear, what a terrible thought.
What's the big deal about Russia.
They ain't gonna do anything.
The whole world is afraid of the USA
So why should cyber attacks bother us
I'm sure we have new weapons awaiting the next war.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fear, what a terrible thought.
What's the big deal about Russia.
They ain't gonna do anything.
The whole world is afraid of the USA
So why should cyber attacks bother us
I'm sure we have new weapons awaiting the next war.
The thought of war can be a terrible thing. Fortunately, God has provided us with a better hope if we are interested in pursuing it.

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beware! I know you from somewhere.

LOL people here know I have to get my Microsoft digs in at times. And I think one reason is I don't particularly care for Bill Gates, either, even though he's not CEO any longer. Seems to be a big world government type of guy trying to influence politics and medicine ($$$). But as I always jest, I think diseases are actually something Bill Gates should be involved with. After all, who knows more about viruses than Bill Gates considering his operating system?

Last edited:

DanielConway

May 8, 2022
columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A sneaky approach to insulating yourself from cyber attack is to buy a 32 bit system. 32 bits is perfectly adequate for all your communication needs and to my knowledge all current cyber attack vectors are targeted against 64 bit platforms.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Linux is Android which has no viruses
if you are not yet aware
they do now
ransomware can now affects android

my tip for you to be safe while browsing the internet is to use a modified virtual space under android and use paid nord vpn

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you are not yet aware
they do now
ransomware can now affects android

my tip for you to be safe while browsing the internet is to use a modified virtual space under android and use paid nord vpn
Well, on Android only if you deliberately download something, perhaps because you were fooled (5%) and 95% careless as to what you download (the source). That's different than one MS computer getting say, a worm from surfing the web and then everyone in the office turns on their computer and does absolutely nothing and gets it and the whole business gets shut down. Meanwhile a "guilt speech" is given to the employee who has to answer for a crappy operating system. I'm talking about viruses, worms, and the like. Android is commercialized Linux and as such is very secure. However, a tad less than Linux one can install such as Mint, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora and the like. Google Chrome OS is also Linux-like but is a scaled down operating system which is basically a browser also secure -- for these operating systems they don't even have a serious anti-malware for it. Linux won't install something that will wreck the operating system or otherwise hold it hostage with "just a click". Too many safe-guards. Most security updates are for vulerabilities where one is targeted (same concept as spear fishing). Not security updates as MS needs for basically browsing the web.

• Wow
Reactions: ThePuffyBlob