Fed's Warn Of Radicals On Right

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Federal agency warns of radicals on rightAudrey Hudson (Contact) and Eli Lake (Contact)The Department of Homeland Security is warning law enforcement officials about a rise in "rightwing extremist activity," saying the economic recession, the election of America's first black president and the return of a few disgruntled war veterans could swell the ranks of white-power militias. A footnote attached to the report by the Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines "rightwing extremism in the United States" as including not just racist or hate groups, but also groups that reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority. [b]"It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single-issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration," the warning says. [/b]The White House has distanced itself from the analysis. When asked for comment on its contents, White House spokesman Nick Shapiro said, "The President is focused not on politics but rather taking the steps necessary to protect all Americans from the threat of violence and terrorism regardless of its origins. He also believes those who serve represent the best of this country, and he will continue to ensure that our veterans receive the respect and benefits they have earned." The nine-page document was sent to police and sheriff's departments across the United States on April 7 under the headline, "Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment." It says the federal government "will be working with its state and local partners over the next several months" to gather information on "rightwing extremist activity in the United States." More: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/a...icals-on-right/

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
This is sad. Now the department of homeland security is saying that Americans who exercise and believe in their constitutional rights are rightwing extremists? Most people just want the federal government to follow the rules that it wrote for itself (the Constitution). Apparently this is too much of a burden for them. None of us would get away with breaking the law, why should we allow the federal govt. to do it?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the Civil War was corrupted a long time ago to be a war about slavery, driving attention away from the original issue of states' rights. Problem is, it's not true, but to the victor go the spoils of war.

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
I've tried to pinpoint when I thought the swing of power went from the people to the federal govt. At first I thought it was 1913. Then I thought maybe it was the Civil War. Then I thought maybe even as early as the Whiskey Rebellion. Now I'm wondering if the people ever had a chance. We seem to just go from one really bad form of government to another. Nothing seems to work. No matter how hard we try our governments always fail us.