Fellowship:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it will help someone. It is something I’ve been considering myself a lot this morning and I guess, just want to share it. I’ve been thinking about the race where only One gets the prize and that prize being Christ. The prize Paul said he counted all loss as dung that he may obtain that prize. Also been considering how His seed continues, yet the enemies is cut off. It is strange how so much of the world speaks to what is needed and wanted, yet still, at the same time left unseen. Think of movies and how ...the world longs after a hero and the lowerer and more small and despised that hero is in the beginning, the more it tugs at the world to want his total victory at the end. Think of football and movies on the game. I don’t know much about football but I have seen those films where the misfits of the land of rejects figure out the ultimate secret and that secret being the power of relationship and their care and encouragement for one another. functioning together...which leaves the opposing team fighting mad in confusion; scratching their head and wondering....What...just happened..? when the misfits take the victory. That probably is an awful analogy...but it helps make it obvious what happens to those who are back-bitters, refusing to function as a whole, where each member is off in a world to themselves: once getting the football greedily refusing to pass to another open and in the clear .... solo, operating alone and in no way understanding the power of relationship or being joined to a whole.

He said this, didn’t He.
What is divided falls.

How does the world unknowingly get and see this...sometimes better than those who call Him Lord? We are not islands off by ourself but God put together a body that functions as a whole, where not one member is more important than another ...but knit together they “know” the power of relationship and needing one another. How does His seed continue throughout each generation, unless those running the race to the finish to get “the prize” run it together. If members run alone to get the glory at the finish and therefore refuse to see ... the relationship of “what I can’t do alone..you are open and waiting and can do.”

“United”...do you despise that word? Jesus Christ prayed the Father:John 17:18-23 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. [19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. [20] Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; [21] That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. [22] And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: [23] I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

John 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Spirit:

How would His seed continue if not by generation upon generation upon generation of knowing the power of relationship. Something the enemy lacks, although he pretends to understand it. The power of functioning as a whole which thereby God uses the weak, the broken, the despised and the poor...to show the power of a whole functioning where every joint supplies a need. I’m also almost convinced this is why Paul hesitated in saying He had received the Prize...but knew he was a part of generation upon generation upon generation in His Name continues by Charity...to the Prize which is Christ. Think of that prize and Who He is and what He displayed ....and how Paul said mark those who run contrary: back bitting, disputing, railing accusations, coveting, false witnessing against each other and stumbling in darkness, consuming one another. Does not even the world unknowing display what is the end of that? Do we know what is the end of that?

Last edited:
Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’ve been thinking about the race where only One gets the prize and that prize being Christ. The prize Paul said he counted all loss as dung that he may obtain that prize.
The prize cannot be Christ, since He is given to every believer AS A GIFT. Eternal life is God's gift to the one who believes (Rom 6:23), and Jesus said that He Himself is the Resurrection and the [Eternal]Life (John 11:25,26). So you have started off on the wrong foot.

Perfection in Christ is the prize and also the high calling of God: Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect... I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (Phil 3:12,14)

The end of salvation is perfection in Christ -- body, soul, and spirit. While we are on earth we are to purify ourselves by the grace of God and the power of the Spirit. But sinless perfection will be achieved at the Resurrection/Rapture.

It is true that Christians should be united and in perfect harmony. True fellowship is communion. Unfortunately, that is very rare (even within local churches).

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prize cannot be Christ, since He is given to every believer AS A GIFT. Eternal life is God's gift to the one who believes (Rom 6:23), and Jesus said that He Himself is the Resurrection and the [Eternal]Life (John 11:25,26). So you have started off on the wrong foot.

Perfection in Christ is the prize and also the high calling of God: Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect... I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (Phil 3:12,14)

The end of salvation is perfection in Christ -- body, soul, and spirit. While we are on earth we are to purify ourselves by the grace of God and the power of the Spirit. But sinless perfection will be achieved at the Resurrection/Rapture.

It is true that Christians should be united and in perfect harmony. True fellowship is communion. Unfortunately, that is very rare (even within local churches).

Thank you for the correction. Will go back and read it more carefully then.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it will help someone. It is something I’ve been considering myself a lot this morning and I guess, just want to share it. I’ve been thinking about the race where only One gets the prize and that prize being Christ. The prize Paul said he counted all loss as dung that he may obtain that prize. Also been considering how His seed continues, yet the enemies is cut off. It is strange how so much of the world speaks to what is needed and wanted, yet still, at the same time left unseen. Think of movies and how ...the world longs after a hero and the lowerer and more small and despised that hero is in the beginning, the more it tugs at the world to want his total victory at the end. Think of football and movies on the game. I don’t know much about football but I have seen those films where the misfits of the land of rejects figure out the ultimate secret and that secret being the power of relationship and their care and encouragement for one another. functioning together...which leaves the opposing team fighting mad in confusion; scratching their head and wondering....What...just happened..? when the misfits take the victory. That probably is an awful analogy...but it helps make it obvious what happens to those who are back-bitters, refusing to function as a whole, where each member is off in a world to themselves: once getting the football greedily refusing to pass to another open and in the clear .... solo, operating alone and in no way understanding the power of relationship or being joined to a whole.

He said this, didn’t He.
What is divided falls.

How does the world unknowingly get and see this...sometimes better than those who call Him Lord? We are not islands off by ourself but God put together a body that functions as a whole, where not one member is more important than another ...but knit together they “know” the power of relationship and needing one another. How does His seed continue throughout each generation, unless those running the race to the finish to get “the prize” run it together. If members run alone to get the glory at the finish and therefore refuse to see ... the relationship of “what I can’t do alone..you are open and waiting and can do.”

“United”...do you despise that word? Jesus Christ prayed the Father:John 17:18-23 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. [19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. [20] Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; [21] That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. [22] And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: [23] I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

John 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Spirit:

How would His seed continue if not by generation upon generation upon generation of knowing the power of relationship. Something the enemy lacks, although he pretends to understand it. The power of functioning as a whole which thereby God uses the weak, the broken, the despised and the poor...to show the power of a whole functioning where every joint supplies a need. I’m also almost convinced this is why Paul hesitated in saying He had received the Prize...but knew he was a part of generation upon generation upon generation in His Name continues by Charity...to the Prize which is Christ. Think of that prize and Who He is and what He displayed ....and how Paul said mark those who run contrary: back bitting, disputing, railing accusations, coveting, false witnessing against each other and stumbling in darkness, consuming one another. Does not even the world unknowing display what is the end of that? Do we know what is the end of that?
Amen, as Paul said: I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. And yes, as well as you know also of what is the end of their works but destruction by God, that's if not repented of. But I know for myself what is that God knows all about my short comings if any, not that I want to, but what I'm suppose to repent of to be with Christ.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, as Paul said: I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. And yes, as well as you know also of what is the end of their works but destruction by God, that's if not repented of. But I know for myself what is that God knows all about my short comings if any, not that I want to, but what I'm suppose to repent of to be with Christ.
Amen, :)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He said this, didn’t He.
What is divided falls.

:)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Press on toward...heavenward in Christ Jesus. Mark 5:25-30 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, [26] And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, [27] When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. [28] For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. [29] And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague. [30] And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?

Colossians 2:2-3
[2] That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; [3] In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

1 Peter 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: ...

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 2 should keep us humble: 'He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross'.

No thank you for the reminder. Amen! “ ...and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.” Then says “pick up your cross and follow Me.”

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I, at one time was full of sin with pride, but His anointing has brought me to a place in my life where I can really see things more clearer to do and keep his sayings.
1 John 2:27 27As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit-just as it has taught you, remain in him.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He said this, didn’t He.
What is divided falls.

Realizing of course of the above that your post is very helpful in those areas with my faith walk in Christ.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

He said this, didn’t He.
What is divided falls.

John's First Epistle has helpful verses on the theme of fellowship.