Female Pastors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question, "Can a Pastor to the body of Christ, (the church), be female/woman?”. notice the language I'm using. Pastor to the Body, (the church).

Introduction: Here we are in the year 2013. this topic have has been debated, argued, misused, and we have even slandered the Good name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for the world to see. I fear the Lord very much, and he has chosen me to speak on this topic, and he have also given more insight for this subject at hand. by the Grace given unto me, now I share this insight with you.

To all who are called, beloved of God, and now Sons of the Living God, Greeting from the Lord Jesus Christ.
In taking this task, which I do gladly. for the purpose of giving foundation scripture, (information, knowledge), for all to use, and to stand on in regards to Pastors who happens to be Female. The scriptures have been before our face and on our lips all the time, but hidden, until now. yes, Joel 2:28 & 29, that's the verse. but to see the revelation clearly I'll use 4 other book of the Holy Bible. I'll walk you through this, step by step. So don't jump ahead, or get any per-conclusion. to some this will be nothing new to them. but now the scriptural reference is presented for all to see. in other words we now have scripture to stand on.

Foundation Scripture: Matthew 9:37 "Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few. 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest”.

Teaching Scriptures: Old Testament: Jeremiah 3:15, Joel 2:28 & 29.

New Testament: Ephesian 4:11-15, Acts 2:1-4, Act 2:16-18, 1 Corinthians 12-4-11.

First, a question, are pastors a. called, b. sent, or c. given. we're talking about pastors. if you were called, and or put into the ministry to preach, good, then you're a preacher. I'm talking about PASTORS here. because all Pastors are not preachers, and all preachers are not Pastors. the correct answer is c, "given". lets see it. starting with, Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding". here we see in the old testament pastors are given, what about the new testament?.
Ephesian 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
what for?. verse 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive.

Now we know what Pastors are given for, in this context. Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding". remembering I'm talking about "PASTORING". onto to Joel 2:28 & 29. verse 28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy*, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit".
I have underlined the word prophesy, servant, and handmaid, which I'll explain later, see the end of this post for word definition .

we have a promise from God according to the prophet Joel. And this promise was fulfilled at Pentecost, now, onto Acts 2:1-4 the fulfilling.
Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Acts 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Acts 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
The Apostles are speaking in other tongues. hold that thought. forward to Acts 2:16
Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; (here the apostle Peter is clearly identifying that what is happening here at Pentecost, this is that which was spoke/foretold by the prophet Joel).
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy*. this is the fulfillment of Joel 2:28-29 on the day of Pentecost.

Question, if this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel in verse 4 of the book of acts chapter 2, and confirmed in verse 16. then I have a question?. why is the Apostle Peter preaching in other tongues. is there anything in Joel 2:28 that say anything about speaking in other tongues?, or did it?. lets look a little closer, with wisdom from God. what is listed in Joel 2:28 & 29, can you agree, that, #1. prophesy, 2. dream, 3. visions, are mention, correct?. so why are they, (the apostle), speaking with other tongues then?. remember Peter stated that this is that spoken by the prophet Joel. Well here is the answer: Act 2:4 “And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance”. so now we can see why Peter was speaking in other tongues. it was the gift of the Holy Spirit that did it.

Question, what are the gifts of the Holy Spirit?. are his gifts only limited to 3 mention in Joel 2:28. prophesy, dream, and visions. remember, Peter said, “this is that”, which was spoken by the prophet Joel. scripture cannot lie, or be broken. lets look at the Gifts of the Spirit.
1 Corinthians Chapter 12, verses 4-11
1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
1Co 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; (stop is not this that Peter spoke of. yes!. lets go on), to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

now look at verse 8 of chapter 12 here in 1 Corinthians. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit. now what is a word of wisdom**, notice, the scriptures did not say what is wisdom, but the word of wisdom. it means understanding, see the definitions below at the end of this topic. Now, we have the gifts of knowledge and the gift of understanding. lets look again at what God said in Jeremiah 3:15, again. "And I will give, (gift), you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding". there you have it. Pastoring is a gift of God, a work of God. what is this work?, the ministering gifts listed in 1 Corinthians chapter 12, (see above). the person who receive these gifts, or gift, is not being sent, but receive the Gift of God to empower people with knowledge and understanding to do a work. and what is that work?,see Ephesian 4:11- again. and what did God say Jer 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding". Pastors are to feed the flock of God. The person is not the pastor, but the Spirit that is in them is the pastor, it is the gift of God, the Holy Spirit who dose the work.

Now that the gifts of the Holy Spirit have been establish. the connection between the gifts promised in Joel and the realization of their use in Acts chapter 2 and theirs listing in 1 Corinthians 12 is confirmed. now what's left to understand is how do the female come into play with these gifts. since the Apostle Peter stated that, "this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel" , Question, who qualify for these Gifts. lets see, Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions": There it is, both men, (Sons), and women, (daughters). this is called being filled with the Holy Spirit. and the Holy Spirit/Gift is for all, including males as well as females. For God is no respector of person. the scriptures states, Daughters, seem like that's a female to me. and the scripture cannot be broken. but wait, who else?. also upon the servants and upon the handmaids. again, a servant also, (male and female), now to the book of Romans Chapter 16 verse 1. I commend unto you Phebe our sister (female), which is a servant (go back to Joel 2:29, "also upon the servants and upon the handmaids"), Phebe our sister, a servent of the church which is at Cenchrea. if I'm not mistaken Phebe is a female, and a servant of the church, not outside the church. but there are many others females who are preachers, teachers, ministry workers. just read the New Testament”.
So, can a female be a Pastor?, YES, I have given you scripture, plain and clear. Scripture cannot lie.
She can also teach, and preach. This kinda shoot the old saying, “not in my pulpit”, well, who pulpit is it anyway. is the Godhead BRICK, & MORTAR, no he's Living, and we have our being in him, and not in us.

Now some word power.
Old Testament
* Prophesy this is a Hebrew word, H5012 נָבָא naba' (naw-baw') v.
1. to prophesy, i.e. speak (or sing) by inspiration (in prediction or simple discourse)
[a primitive root]
KJV: prophesy(-ing), make self a prophet.

discourse-noun 1. communication of thought by words; talk; conversation: earnest and intelligent discourse.
2. a formal discussion of a subject in speech or writing, as a dissertation, treatise, sermon, etc.
3. Linguistics . any unit of connected speech or writing longer than a sentence.
-verb (used without object)
4. to communicate thoughts orally; talk; converse.
5. to treat of a subject formally in speech or writing.
-verb (used with object)
6. to utter or give forth (musical sounds).
Now the New Testament
Noun, G4394, propheteia
signifies the speaking forth of the mind and counsel of God" (pro, "forth," phemi, "to speak: in the NT it is used (a) of the gift. (b) either of the exercise of the gift or of that which is "prophesied.
"Though much of OT prophecy was purely predictive. prophecy is not necessarily, nor even primarily, fore-telling. It is the declaration of that which cannot be known by natural means". it is the forth-telling of the will of God, whether with reference to the past, the present, or the future. Supportive scripture, Luke 16:16 "The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it". Alright, since John, the kingdom is preach, not foretold, because he and the kingdom is here now, no more need to tell about it coming, because it's here, it have come. Now the commission is to tell of it, preach, or proclaim, that's the good news, called the gospel.
so from the definition we see that Prophesy, is not limited to telling the future, but to speak the mind of God, in layman terms, preaching. all these years where ignorant men boycotted "Holy" called women from their pulpits, just imagine how may souls could have been saved with women preaching. Matt 9:37 "Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few. 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest". That prayer is answered.
as in another topic about Spiritual Maturity, we will see who is a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, or a disciple indeed. a big diffidence.
but as our Lord said to his disciple, "will you leave too?".

**Word of Wisdom means understanding. Or Prudence. A, “word of Wisdom is understanding. See definition below.
Wisdom or Prudence:
Wisdom: [ 2,,G5428, phronesis ]
"understanding, prudence," i.e., a right use of phren, "the mind," is translated "wisom" in Luke 1:17. See PRUDENCE.

Note: "While sophia is the insight into the true nature of things, phronesis is the ability to discern modes of action with a view to their results; while sophia is theoretical, phronesis is practical" (Lightfoot). Sunesis, "understanding, intelligence," is the critical faculty; this and phronesis are particular applications of sophia.

Prudence: [ A-1,Noun,G5428, phronesis ]
akin to phroneo, to have understanding" (phren, "the mind"), denotes "practical wisdom, prudence in the management of affairs." It is translated "wisdom" in Luke 1:17; "prudence" in Eph 1:8. See WISDOM.
Prudence: [ A-2,Noun,G4907, sunesis ]
"understanding," is rendered "prudence" in 1Cor 1:19, RV (AV, "understanding"); it suggests quickness of apprehension, the penetrating consideration which precedes action. Cp. B, in the same verse. See KNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTANDING.
If you would note Wisdom and Prudence have the same Greek word. So a word of Wisdom means understanding. Hence, in 1 Corinthians chapter 12 verse 8 is the Pastoral Gift.

Now we see who is a disciple, and who is a disciple indeed?.

I hope this may help.
Love and Peace
101G

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Females can be disciples, but they cannot be pastors or priests. In the Old Testament, all the priests were men. In the New Testament, Jesus chose 12 Apostles from his many disciples. Some of those disciples were women, but Jesus chose all men. Only a man can be a pastor or priest because they are the shepherds who takes care of the flock. There are no shephardess and no priestresses in Judaism or in the Old Testament books. Men are called to be the protectors of the flock and to be the Head of God's family on earth. Women are not the head, but represent the Church who must follow her Head, who is Christ.

Reactions: KingJ

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene
Females can be disciples, but they cannot be pastors or priests.

is that all you have to say?. do you deny the scripture given Y/N?.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Selene said:
Females can be disciples, but they cannot be pastors or priests. In the Old Testament, all the priests were men. In the New Testament, Jesus chose 12 Apostles from his many disciples. Some of those disciples were women, but Jesus chose all men. Only a man can be a pastor or priest because they are the shepherds who takes care of the flock. There are no shephardess and no priestresses in Judaism or in the Old Testament books. Men are called to be the protectors of the flock and to be the Head of God's family on earth. Women are not the head, but represent the Church who must follow her Head, who is Christ.
Gal 3:27-29
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
KJV

Gal 3:16
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
KJV

Christ is the Last Adam and just as the first Adam was male and female in one body before Adam could not find a partner among the animals and God divide Adam into two who were considered one flesh, so is Christ's body member's made up of male and females who are being made in the image of the Firstborn who will be restored Israel, having natural Jews and natural Gentiles being male or female yet it is not of the flesh that we are considered a child of God, but of our spirit for our flesh(genealogy) is not counted at all in Christ for it is of our sin nature because flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom of God.

Christ the Seed of God IS the Word of God that we feed upon that transforms us into the image of Christ... The Firstborn of the Promise who have the Seed indwelling them that has produced good fruit.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
2 Selene
Females can be disciples, but they cannot be pastors or priests.

is that all you have to say?. do you deny the scripture given Y/N?.

I did not deny scripture. As I said, all the priests in the Old Testament were men. God made only the sons of Levi and the sons of Aaron to be priests (See Numbers 3:3 and Deuteronomy 31:9). All the priests in the Old Testament were men. None of them were females. In the New Testament, it is in Scripture that all the Apostles whom Jesus chose were men. So, how did I deny scripture?

Christ is the Last Adam and just as the first Adam was male and female in one body before Adam could not find a partner among the animals and God divide Adam into two who were considered one flesh, so is Christ's body member's made up of male and females who are being made in the image of the Firstborn who will be restored Israel, having natural Jews and natural Gentiles being male or female yet it is not of the flesh that we are considered a child of God, but of our spirit for our flesh(genealogy) is not counted at all in Christ for it is of our sin nature because flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom of God.

Adam was not a male and female in one body. Adam was created a man. God took a rib from Adam's side and made a woman from his rib. Christ came down as a man. He is also not both male and female. Christ is a man. And this is why scripture says that the husband represents Christ and is head of the family while the wife represents the Church who follows her Head.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene

None of them were females. In the New Testament, it is in Scripture that all the Apostles whom Jesus chose were men.

I have two question for you, are you called of God, are you not chossen?.

and two, if you will please tell me what you thik this scripture mean?.
2 Corinthians 5:15 "And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. 16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more".

Only men are priest?.

1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light"
Now I ask you, are you in the Priesthood? y/n
if you say no, then you just denied the faith.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
To add, Yes the church which is the body of Christ that is being born as a unit as in one holy nation who will be born in one day that is considered son's of God for the head of the body is Christ and so the body is considered a Man Child yet for now is male or female in the flesh, but our flesh is dead and will not be considered.

The church is to be led by the Spirit of God whom is the female side of God for she is our mother and teaches her children in the wisdom of God and raises her children up in the integrity of God's Word. Pray for the peace of (heavenly)Jerusalem in your life for the wisdom of God brings much blessings and is known as a good gift from God.
Rev 22:17
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
KJV
Luke 11:13
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
KJV
Acts 20:29
28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
KJV
Gal 4:22-27
22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
KJV

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
2 Selene

None of them were females. In the New Testament, it is in Scripture that all the Apostles whom Jesus chose were men.

I have two question for you, are you called of God, are you not chossen?.

and two, if you will please tell me what you thik this scripture mean?.
2 Corinthians 5:15 "And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. 16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more".
To answer your first question, yes, I am called by God and am chosen.

To answer your second question, the scripture you quoted has nothing to do with being a priest. It means that we are to follow Christ who died for us. We are not to follow what the world says, but what Christ says and do. And what Christ said and did was that He chose only men to be Apostles from his many disciples.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To answer your second question, the scripture you quoted has nothing to do with being a priest

1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light"

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Selene said:
I did not deny scripture. As I said, all the priests in the Old Testament were men. God made only the sons of Levi and the sons of Aaron to be priests (See Numbers 3:3 and Deuteronomy 31:9). All the priests in the Old Testament were men. None of them were females. In the New Testament, it is in Scripture that all the Apostles whom Jesus chose were men. So, how did I deny scripture?

Adam was not a male and female in one body. Adam was created a man. God took a rib from Adam's side and made a woman from his rib. Christ came down as a man. He is also not both male and female. Christ is a man. And this is why scripture says that the husband represents Christ and is head of the family while the wife represents the Church who follows her Head.
Absolutely he was considered to be a man just as we who are joined to Christ considered one new man, but he had all the attributes of male and female for God made Adam in His own image with all attributes of male and female for everything must originate from God. The Wisdom of God is female and the children of God will be nourished and fed the Word of Wisdom of God, whom Christ is the WORD of God that we are to feed upon. Do you not see that Jesus spoke as a mother, as does the Book of Isa?
Matt 23:37-38
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
KJV
Isa 49:14-16
14 But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.
15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
KJV

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene
I didn't post this topic for an argument, NO. but to enlighten, by the scripture. that's all. ok. just examine the scripture. if you don't agree that's OK.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
To answer your second question, the scripture you quoted has nothing to do with being a priest

So, now you are quoting a different scripture. Moses said the same thing to the Israelites in Exodus 19:6, but as you can see in Moses time and even after his time, no female became a priest. It was God who made the men into priests (again see Numbers 3:3 and Deuteronomy 31:9). Notice that God made the sons of Aaron and the sons of Levi into priests even AFTER Moses declared those words in Exodus 19:6. So, what exactly did Moses mean when he said that they will be a kingdom of priests? Did he mean that women are also to ordained as priests?? If that was the case, then why weren't there any female priests?? Since there were no female priests in the Old Testament, then Moses meant something else when he told the Israelites that they will be a kingdom of priests. It is the same in the New Testament. To be a nation or a kingdom of priests means that we are all called to be a holy people....to be like Christ who is our High Priest. It does not mean that women are to be ordain as priests.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
If I walked into a church and heard a pastor equate prophesying with leading, I'd walk out knowing he's incompetent. FYI, "Pastor" by definition is a leader.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you brought up Priest, ..........but enough said there.
this is a discussion board, not a dictatorship. people can examine the heart of the doctrine they believe in, or unto an end. there is no, "your are right and I'm wrong". right or wrong have no place in us, only Christ Jesus. the truth stand all by it self. wse can only witness to the truth, or deny it.

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new". I guess according to you, only MALES are new creatures in Christ. not females?.

2 Polt
Pastors "FEED" the Flock, and two, it's not you who is the Pastor. it is "HE IN YOU IS THE PASTOR"

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Isa 66:5-13
5 Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.
7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
12 For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
KJV

Rev 12:1-6
12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5 And she brought forth a man child{BODY OF CHRIST}, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up{RAPTURE} unto God, and to his throne.
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
KJV

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leadership is of God, not men
Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit". why is there no condemnation?. Romans 8:5 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. Rom 7:5; [Ps 149:4]; 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his".
if you walk after the flesh, then you're not of God.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
you brought up Priest, ..........but enough said there.
this is a discussion board, not a dictatorship. people can examine the heart of the doctrine they believe in, or unto an end. there is no, "your are right and I'm wrong". right or wrong have no place in us, only Christ Jesus. the truth stand all by it self. wse can only witness to the truth, or deny it.

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new". I guess according to you, only MALES are new creatures in Christ. not females?.

2 Polt
Pastors "FEED" the Flock, and two, it's not you who is the Pastor. it is "HE IN YOU IS THE PASTOR"
Pastor is just another word for "priest." The word "pastor" is Latin for shepherd. You started the OP, asking if a pastor can be a female. I responded, and my response is "no." And I gave my reasons for it.

And I also never said that only males are new creatures. I said that men are the head of the family just as the pastor or priest is the head of God's family on earth.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
Leadership is of God, not men
Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit". why is there no condemnation?. Romans 8:5 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. Rom 7:5; [Ps 149:4]; 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his".
if you walk after the flesh, then you're not of God.
It was God who gave the leadership to men by calling them to be the "Head" of the family. Wives are not the head of the family.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said that men are the head of the family just as the pastor or priest is the head of God's family on earth.

this is Just what I'm talking about.
JESUS is the HEAD of the CHURCH. not no man