Fiery serpent

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Konstantin

Aug 8, 2022
Bryansk
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
According to the generally accepted interpretation, the brass serpent, which Moses lifted up in the desert, is a prototype of the crucified Jesus Christ. This is not true. One of the reasons for the misinterpretation is the synod translation, which, by distorting the Word of God, leads a person away from the truth. The LORD told Moses to make a FIERY serpent; this feature should already prompt a person to look at this prototype differently. The second reason is a misunderstanding of the prophetic meaning of the verses. To understand this question, it is necessary to consider the context of Scripture, to find out what time the Author of Scripture is talking about? Next, it is necessary to find in the Scriptures the prototypes that are relevant to this event. And only after that it will be possible to draw the right conclusion. I remind you that we are considering only the prophetic meaning of the verses.

According to another generally accepted interpretation, Jesus Christ will be in Jerusalem throughout the 1000 years of peace. This is also incorrect. People, not understanding the Word of God, do not know anything about the second Anointed One. But He is the One who will be King and Priest in Jerusalem in the future 1000 years of peace. As for Jesus Christ, having ascended to the third heaven, He will sit at the right hand of God (1 Pet. 3:22), "on þe right hand of the Maiestie on high" (Heb.1:3) (KJV1611).

We will investigate some of the types from the books of the Old Testament, and make sure of their prophetic meaning. By showing the sequence of future events, they complement them with details in their own way...

"Fiery serpent"

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the generally accepted interpretation, the brass serpent, which Moses lifted up in the desert, is a prototype of the crucified Jesus Christ. This is not true.
You don't believe this the brass serpent represents Christ?

John 3.14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up.

Seems pretty straight forward to me?
One of the reasons for the misinterpretation is the synod translation, which, by distorting the Word of God, leads a person away from the truth. The LORD told Moses to make a FIERY serpent; this feature should already prompt a person to look at this prototype differently.
Why is this? The snake bites and inflicts a burning pain. The Israelites were judged with snake bites. They were delivered by the mercy of God, conditioned on a person simply willing to look upon the image of a snake bound upon a pole. It was an expression of faith that God could bind the snake and withhold His judgment, conditioned upon a spirit of repentance.
According to another generally accepted interpretation, Jesus Christ will be in Jerusalem throughout the 1000 years of peace. This is also incorrect.
All I know is that Jesus is coming down from heaven to establish God's Kingdom for a thousand years. Where Jesus will be I don't have a clue? Why this is important I don't have a clue?
People, not understanding the Word of God, do not know anything about the second Anointed One. But He is the One who will be King and Priest in Jerusalem in the future 1000 years of peace. As for Jesus Christ, having ascended to the third heaven, He will sit at the right hand of God (1 Pet. 3:22), "on þe right hand of the Maiestie on high" (Heb.1:3) (KJV1611).
Jesus is already in heaven at the right hand of God. He will come back from heaven to establish his Kingdom on earth. Where he goes then I don't know? Perhaps he will go back into heaven? I don't know.