Final Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This story was entered on reedsy.
If you want to post stories and access feedback and workshops,
it is very helpful. Lots of writers of faith on there, if you like networking.
Also publishers, editors, and illustrators to collaborate with.
Has anyone else posted stories on reedsy?

============
I. Clueless

For once in eternity, God didn't know what to do, although he was omniscient.

And knew it. Or he thought so. Now he wasn't so sure.

If he knew all things in heaven and hell, which was a hell of a lot more than heaven alone, he would instantly know in advance how to respond in the future.

But he didn't. Nothing made sense anymore!

The chances of human beings finding a way to outsmart God were lower than a snowball's chance in hell, or heaven and hell combined, whichever was worse. How could they set him up behind his back, in front of his face?

Only God could achieve the impossible, so this must be his will, since it was clearly impossible! He was stunned. This made no sense, and he knew it.

Or thought he did. Aarrgghh!

God grumbled, then sat alone in silence.

Never mind, he assured himself. It's some trick of the Devil that he must have allowed. Then made himself forget, since he was omnipotent.

Only God could make himself forget that he forgot something, right?

Just forget it, he thought.

God tore through his infinite collection of files, searching frantically. For random thoughts or ideas scribbled in the margins, or any clues at all to why he might have planned to forget whatever plans he forgot. There must be some note reminding him, somewhere. But since he could not remember where he forgot he wrote it down, surely he had planned all that!

How else could God, himself, set up humans to set him up? Unless he set that up, too? This whole thing smelled of a setup, right under his nose.

Finding no answers, he found himself lost. For the first time in history, with no beginning or end, God was clueless. If his plan was to prove his omniscience, now he knew how cluelessness felt.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have a clue!

God now knew what it meant not to know.

At least he knew that much.

II. Speechless

God stared at the letter, from the Nobel Committee on their official letterhead. By unanimous decision, God had been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. After how many centuries of nations at war? At the suggestion by a young Swedish girl, he was nominated by students across the globe in a viral campaign. That quickly became a joke on the Internet.

Nevertheless, Greta persisted. She believed that by asking all nations and leaders to endorse the same nomination, voting for God would bring peace to a deeply troubled world. If not for the laughter and ridicule of skeptics, certain she had ulterior motives. Her newest video conference address, urging global unity, had to be tied to winning the debate over climate change!

God was speechless. Was this a trick, a ruse by ruthless humans, entrapping him by forcing him to appear onstage? To face a barrage of questions about Jesus? Or global warming?

No, given the history of these insufferable creatures he created, while drunk with delight from overestimating the human ego, God knew the calculating minds of his own children, that constantly plotted to catch him in the slightest contradiction. Condemning falsehood and demanding truth, while secretly afraid to find out! Thus, the human conscience was designed to tear apart the first flaw, as an excuse to condemn and discredit all else that followed.

God knew the game, but didn't know what to do.

Perhaps these curious humans just wanted to know: What would God say? Would he thank his mother? Everyone else thanks “God” in their acceptance speeches. Who is left for God to thank, but himself?

Alas, there were no notes, no clues as to what God had planned for this moment.

He was truly at a loss for words. Yet longed to give his children what they yearned for in their hearts. He realized that was his answer.

III. Timeless

The stage was set, the podium lit up to receive the Word of God. Every camera and every television broadcast, all eyes focused on the microphone, under a single, golden spotlight.

The glow of God’s presence filled the auditorium. The audience gasped. Then waited, in breathless awe. The divine light grew, overtaking the stage. And pierced the heart and mind of every viewer around the world at once.

God spoke not a word. He didn’t need to. He merely was, is, and always would be. Exuding pure love, pure knowledge of all truth over time and space, that every soul recognized in an instant.

Every heart received, and every ear heard in a different tongue, a unique message to each person.

Some heard God tell them gently: “I love you, my child. Fear not. I love you, as I want you to love others.”

Other cups filled up with reassurance: “All the things you’ve heard and rejected. None of it matters anyway. Be at peace. Know I am with you.”

Anyone with a favorite Scripture, swore they heard God say it. Those who had been told God loves them, just the way they are, for they were made that way for a purpose, suddenly knew this was true. Beyond all doubts or fears, completely healed and melted away.

Nobody said a word. Some wept, many prayed, overwhelmed with joy. Or grief and regret, followed by gladness and relief.

Everyone knew they were loved. And were created with love. Greater than the unspeakable suffering in the world, the collective injustice and genocidal wars that scarred human history.

Nothing was unforgivable. Everything was understood. Not a word was needed. Love was sufficient unto love. And peace was its own path.

The Christians were right. The Buddhists and Muslims. Even atheists and the worst skeptics found themselves justified and redeemed. God’s universal truth, by definition, encompassed all knowledge, completed every path, and answered all questions to bring the spiritual process of each individual soul to fruition. In perfect union and harmony, as God intended from the start.

He didn’t remember planning it this way. But he went along with the flow, trusting that if everything lay in his own hands, then he must have willed this event, exactly as it unfolded.

His will was perfect, right? Maybe. Maybe not.

But his love for his children, timeless and true, spoke for itself.

Without doubt. Without question.

Without words.

Reactions: Ziggy

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I for the most part do not like this. I believe it is borderline blasphemous how it is worded. While it has a few good parts, I think it is misleading.
Sorry @Mayflower it was meant to be humorous not blasphemous
by making light of the contradiction which would occur if God was not omniscient.

It becomes ridiculous if man could outwit God by doing something that catches God by surprise.

Of course we cannot.

In this story, nominating God for the Nobel puts Him on the spot to give a speech to humanity. To see what God would say.

So sorry to make it sound disrespectful to the real God.

I was really poking a bit of fun instead of people portraying God as vengeful or cruel in creating humans to be so self destructive.

Sorry the humor wasn't clear, missed the mark, and caused offense or insult!

Quite the opposite of what I intended.
Thank you for your insightful perspective and criticism so I can see the wisdom and understand more how you see God.

I try to see the humor in humanity's foibles or it just gets too distressing how grievous, tragic and destructive the sickness can be. I hoped to take a different lighter angle to see things from a less heavy serious perspective.

I will work on this some more so it doesn't come across disrespectful and backwards!

Thank you @Mayflower
Your wise corrections and prayers are appreciated and much needed!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry @Mayflower it was meant to be humorous not blasphemous
by making light of the contradiction which would occur if God was not omniscient.

It becomes ridiculous if man could outwit God by doing something that catches God by surprise.

Of course we cannot.

In this story, nominating God for the Nobel puts Him on the spot to give a speech to humanity. To see what God would say.

So sorry to make it sound disrespectful to the real God.

I was really poking a bit of fun instead of people portraying God as vengeful or cruel in creating humans to be so self destructive.

Sorry the humor wasn't clear, missed the mark, and caused offense or insult!

Quite the opposite of what I intended.
Thank you for your insightful perspective and criticism so I can see the wisdom and understand more how you see God.

I try to see the humor in humanity's foibles or it just gets too distressing how grievous, tragic and destructive the sickness can be. I hoped to take a different lighter angle to see things from a less heavy serious perspective.

I will work on this some more so it doesn't come across disrespectful and backwards!

Thank you @Mayflower
Your wise corrections and prayers are appreciated and much needed!

Well thanks for acknowledging my thoughts/feelings on this! I get lost with satirical pieces often/do not pick up on things easily. And I personally do not think God should be used with satire, because He deserves our highest reverence. If kept this way, I'd make some pretty strong writer's notes.

I do like a lot of part three. The critique/misleading I believe there would be that justification and redemption is through Jesus Christ. Buddhists, Atheists, Muslims, if Jesus Christ walked among us today, He would call them to Him to receive Him lovingly. But people are utterly lost without Jesus. And if God came on stage in all His glory, I think some would feel the weight of their sin on them. I think all of us would see just how sinful we are and be ever more gracious that God made a way to be forgiven of sin.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Good to see someone who is a good writer though! I'll look forward to reading more of your things. I mainly write haikus. But I like to write campfire stories and things with Christian themes.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe I shouldn't mention the time I created a whole thread on how Paul was the devil...
And I had to walk that thread through like 20 pages before I was able to walk in his shoes.
And I got a lot of push and pull and rightly so. But I still had to write what I had to write and flush it all out.
I never got jokes very well, people would tell them and I just stare at them like huh?
The older I got, I understood the punchlines better.

It is an interesting story. Like Mayflower I'm not really comfortable with the beginning,
but I like the ending.
And so I would give it B for creativity.
(not that my critique matters lol )
Thank You for sharing.
:)
HUGS

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your constructive criticisms and comments @Mayflower and @Ziggy

I just tried to post on Vocal the short story version of a script I am planning that is a more serious drama.

It's about 2000 words, can I post that here?
Right now it's on Vocal under Fiction and Short Story.

It's called "Seventeen Saints"

If you think that 2,000 words isn't too long, I can try posting it here?

It's more serious, about a nun staging strikes to compel church state negotiations to set up alternatives to death row. I wanted to write a short film, then turn that into a pilot for a TV series about rehab stories of criminals who find redemption through the alternative program run like a school by Catholic clergy against the death penalty.

Is that too heavy or political to post as a story here?

Is poetry better, and keeping it more spiritual and less about political battles with faith?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your constructive criticisms and comments @Mayflower and @Ziggy

I just tried to post on Vocal the short story version of a script I am planning that is a more serious drama.

It's about 2000 words, can I post that here?
Right now it's on Vocal under Fiction and Short Story.

It's called "Seventeen Saints"

If you think that 2,000 words isn't too long, I can try posting it here?

It's more serious, about a nun staging strikes to compel church state negotiations to set up alternatives to death row. I wanted to write a short film, then turn that into a pilot for a TV series about rehab stories of criminals who find redemption through the alternative program run like a school by Catholic clergy against the death penalty.

Is that too heavy or political to post as a story here?

Is poetry better, and keeping it more spiritual and less about political battles with faith?

It honestly is hard to get me reading anything too long. I have to pick and choose. I have my kids too, so even though I am on here off and on many days, it is between momming. LOL. I skim quite a bit.

Reactions: Emily Nghiem

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have any say of what should or shouldn't get posted, so
post it and see what happens.

HUGS
If the Mods think it needs to come down, they'll let you know.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have any say of what should or shouldn't get posted, so
post it and see what happens.

HUGS
If the Mods think it needs to come down, they'll let you know.

No one really reports too much around here unless it is super horrid. Lol. We learn to respect each other as we listen to one another.

Reactions: Ziggy

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Small Miracle

How vast is life's great ocean
How turbulent the seas
To produce this tiny pearl