Finding Jesus in my 30s!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MJ-TIC

Jul 27, 2022
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm MJ and I am in my late 30s. I am on my spiritual journey and found this urge to be closer to Jesus. I am finding my connection and purpose in life and I hope you all will help me get through this as I am finding it a bit difficult.

Hope to hear from everyone. Thanks

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi,

I'm MJ and I am in my late 30s. I am on my spiritual journey and found this urge to be closer to Jesus. I am finding my connection and purpose in life and I hope you all will help me get through this as I am finding it a bit difficult.

If I was in your shoes I would seek personal contact with Christians by going to attend a bible believing church and bible study.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hi MJ, I came to Jesus when I was almost 36 and my life was so changed for the better. All Christians have that vital moment when they first become aware of Jesus as their Saviour, some can name a date and for others it happens more gradually but being with other Christians in a good bible believing church is important to our growth and maturity. But not all who call themselves Christian follow the true gospel, some have distorted it and you will find many differing opinions on here. I hope you can manage to suss out which is which. Hope you find a spiritual home. Many blessings.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board. I will pray for you.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided!

I was saved at 27, was in Confusion until about your age, Then God Led
me to the above "Rightly Divided" Help/Encouragement/Edification for me.

Grace, Peace, And JOY In serving The LORD Jesus Christ!!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

What are you finding difficult about it?

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

Welcome to the forums!

I'm Wynona. It's nice to meet you! Hope to see you around.

Father, I pray that MJ-TIC will not lean on his own understanding, but receive direction from You as he draws closer to You. Give him purpose and insight into the calling you have for Him.

Give him a vision for his life and help in waiting on Your timing and circumstances. Help him trust you in all things. Bless his future financially and in all his relationships.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

Welcome MJ!

Like the crazy world outside, this too is a strange but wonderful place. Best to read the Bible, find a bible-teaching church to attend, but let God guide you in spirit rather than trust in people and what they say. We are all broken, doing what we can (hopefully), while God works all things together for good for those who love Him according to His purpose; and His word and understanding of it comes just as it is written: "precept upon precept, line upon line, hear a little there a little." Be patient, and know that He has allotted each of us our whole life to the task of getting to know Him. But if you seek Him--He's got this--you're in good hands--the best!

Enjoy!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi,

Oi MJ-TIC, difficulty is standard fare for any who embark on the narrow road. Jesus tells us, 'in this World you will have trouble but be of good cheer, I have overcome the World'

There are many and varied interpretations/understandings of these words of Jesus......the accuracy of which depends on what one focus's on.
In any case, struggles are a continuum.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am finding my connection and purpose in life and I hope you all will help me get through this as I am finding it a bit difficult.
Any particular difficulties you want to share?

My pastor recently talked about the journey often includes exchanging social groups. There is a powerful need to grow distant from those who the old you needed and form attachments the new you needs. The importance of living life in fellowship with the Body of Christ cannot be understated.

It's not that you love the people in the old social group less. It's that you don't share the #1 most important thing in life.

For instance, my family of origin is far from God. I had to let them go. While I pray for them and miss them, I know in my heart that there is a degree of incompatibility that must be accepted.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings, MJ! Praise God he brought you into His heavenly kingdom. I hope you will have joy in serving Him and knowing that he has given you the gift of eternal life (it sure gives a better purpose to our lives, I have found). The Lord converted me in my early 30s and this February it will be ten years that I have been an adopted daughter of the Lord. I have found it a bit difficult too, mainly with my family. But I sometimes think of what it would be to "go back" and I find that the thought of living life without Jesus to be a truly miserable idea.

The advice of finding a good church (Christ-centered, Bible believing) is a good one; I feel is vital to the spiritual growth of a Christian. Let me know if you need help finding one in your area.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

Welcome MJ. Glad to hear that you are on a journey. That's a recognition that you are going somewhere. You are one place and wanting to be somewhere else. Your footsteps are your path. You are searching for the Way and you've picked the very best traveling companion to guide you. Listen closely when he speaks. Avoid Christians and you'll do fine. (just kidding).

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome MJ. I hope you enjoy your time here. In person church services cannot be replaced by the internet. But this is a good place to learn and grow in the gospel understanding.

MJ-TIC

Jul 27, 2022
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi MJ, I came to Jesus when I was almost 36 and my life was so changed for the better. All Christians have that vital moment when they first become aware of Jesus as their Saviour, some can name a date and for others it happens more gradually but being with other Christians in a good bible believing church is important to our growth and maturity. But not all who call themselves Christian follow the true gospel, some have distorted it and you will find many differing opinions on here. I hope you can manage to suss out which is which. Hope you find a spiritual home. Many blessings.
Thank you so much for boosting my spirits. I hope it all turns out good for me!

MJ-TIC

Jul 27, 2022
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My pastor recently talked about the journey often includes exchanging social groups. There is a powerful need to grow distant from those who the old you needed and form attachments the new you needs. The importance of living life in fellowship with the Body of Christ cannot be understated.

It's not that you love the people in the old social group less. It's that you don't share the #1 most important thing in life.

For instance, my family of origin is far from God. I had to let them go. While I pray for them and miss them, I know in my heart that there is a degree of incompatibility that must be accepted.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for all the love and concern. I have started taking online lectures from a reputable church and attending church services as well.

MJ-TIC

Jul 27, 2022
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like the crazy world outside, this too is a strange but wonderful place. Best to read the Bible, find a bible-teaching church to attend, but let God guide you in spirit rather than trust in people and what they say. We are all broken, doing what we can (hopefully), while God works all things together for good for those who love Him according to His purpose; and His word and understanding of it comes just as it is written: "precept upon precept, line upon line, hear a little there a little." Be patient, and know that He has allotted each of us our whole life to the task of getting to know Him. But if you seek Him--He's got this--you're in good hands--the best!

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Thank you, this is so helping