FIVE TOPICS - LITTLE DID I KNOW

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Seven years ago, tired from Lupus, I laid down to watch YouTube. I thought, "What do I want to watch first?" I decided on dinosaurs. When I'd watched all the ones I wanted, I thought, "What do I want to watch next?" I decided to watch tornadoes. After I was done with this, "I thought, "What do I want to watch next?" I decided to watch nuclear blasts. After I finished with this, I thought, "What do I want to watch next?" I thought the military.
As I watched this for a while, I started to realize that the occasional U.F.O. search result I never searched for but would see and vowed never to watch were starting to be explained to me.
I started to understand that there was more to this story than I'd always thought. Big sigh. Since it seemed to me that God wanted me to learn something about them, I gave in and typed UFO in.
I started watching and before I knew it, I was actually getting into it. By the time I finished all these videos, 6 months had passed.
Then I was led to a site called, "God In A Nutshell." I watched a video about some guy named, "Enoch." Enoch, I soon learned, was quoted by the Apostle Jude in v. 14. "Enoch, seventh from Adam, prophesied..."
After this, I was led to a radio show called, "The Edge A.M." A guy named, "Daniel Ott" interviews a woman named, "Karin Anderson." Since it was nearly 2 hours long, I listened to the first half one night and the second half the next night. I've never listened to someone more enjoyable than Karin. She's just full of the Holy Spirit. The host is a host.
When I'd finished the second half, and while sitting on the edge of my bed, the space in front of me turned to a white, fiery mist. The Lord spoke to me and said, "You have correctly discerned the Voice Of The Lord." Once again, I felt reverential awe.
A few days later my sister came to stay for a while. She was near collapse and needed me to take care of her. Normally, I have a hard time taking care of myself. But for 3 weeks, I waited on her hand and foot. And not once did I get tired. Then she got better and I got normal again.
The end result of my video watching was that my worldview was totally changed. I really can't think of anything that's a mystery to me anymore. No matter what mainstream science says. After all, evolution is science fiction. Shalom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seven years ago, tired from Lupus, I laid down to watch YouTube. I thought, "What do I want to watch first?" I decided on dinosaurs. When I'd watched all the ones I wanted, I thought, "What do I want to watch next?" I decided to watch tornadoes. After I was done with this, "I thought, "What do I want to watch next?" I decided to watch nuclear blasts. After I finished with this, I thought, "What do I want to watch next?" I thought the military. As I watched this for awhile, I started to realize that the occasional U.F.O. result that I never searched for but would see, and vowed never to watch, were starting to be explained to me and I started to understand that there was more to this story than I'd always thought. Big sigh. Since it seemed to me that God wanted me to learn something about them, I gave in and typed UFO in. I started watching and before I knew it, I was actually getting into it. By the time I finished all these videos, 6 months had past. Then I was led to a site called, "God In A Nutshell." I watched a video about some guy named, "Enoch." Enoch, I soon learned, was quoted by the Apostle Jude in vv 14 & 15. "Enoch, seventh from Adam, prophesied..." After this, I was led to a radio show called, "The Edge A.M." A guy named, "Daniel Ott" interviews a woman named, "Karin Anderson." Since it was nearly 2 hours long, I listened to the first half one night and the second half the next night. I've never listened to someone more enjoyable than Karin. She's just full of the Holy Spirit. The host is a host. When I'd finished the second half, and while sitting on the edge of my bed, the space in front of me turned to a white, fiery mist. The Lord spoke to me and said, "You have correctly discerned the Voice Of The Lord." Once again, I felt reverential awe. A few days later my sister came to stay for awhile. She was near collapse and needed me to take care of her. Normally, I have a hard time taking care of myself. But for 3 weeks, I waited on her hand and foot. And not once did I get tired. Then she got better and I got normal again. - The end result was that my worldview was totally changed. I really can't think of anything that's a mystery to me anymore. No matter what mainstream science says. After all, evolution is science fiction. Shalom.
He knows how to lead us to Truth! And what I seek more of is His Hidden Wisdom. Some will never find it. But those who seek Him will. I have decided to take God out of the box of religious doctrines and think outside that box. Nothing is impossible to Him and I believe there are secrets, mysteries soon to be revealed to those who have opened their hearts to have faith to believe for anything to be possible. As He Wills....His Kingdom come His Will be done....ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN!!!!
Glory to God!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
He knows how to lead us to Truth! And what I seek more of is His Hidden Wisdom. Some will never find it. But those who seek Him will. I have decided to take God out of the box of religious doctrines and think outside that box. Nothing is impossible to Him and I believe there are secrets, mysteries soon to be revealed to those who have opened their hearts to have faith to believe for anything to be possible. As He Wills....His Kingdom come His Will be done....ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN!!!!
Glory to God!
@Heart2Soul It's the Holy Spirit Who graciously leads believers into all truth (John 16.13).

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Glory to God!
Hallelujah!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Heart2Soul It's the Holy Spirit Who graciously leads believers into all truth (John 16.13).
Hi, Farouk. You're right about John 3:16, as it was this verse that I first heard and believed. Shalom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, you are both mistaken as that verse was spoken to the Apostles uniquely.
Those who remain doctrinally ignorant put themselves at risk.
This is in the Bible. Quit contradicting yourself....in one thread you say you hear from God through scripture and here you say that scripture isn't for us. How convenient for you to determine which scripture is applicable to us and which one isn't.
I wonder what we would do without your constant correction of which scripture applies and which doesn't. :rolleyes:

Reactions: amadeus and Truman

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello H2S,

I think you are still not understanding both this passage and my post about it.
It looks as if you believe i was mistaken when I posted about this verse being misused.
Let's take a look;

This is in the Bible

Of course, the verse is in the bible.
I did not post anywhere that this verse was not in the bible.
The real question is who was the verse spoken to and what did the verse say to them?
I suggest you and Ron, and others misuse this verse constantly and I will show just how here.

Quit contradicting yourself.

Do not let your misunderstanding of this whole passage suggest that I am contradicting myself. I have not contradicted myself at all.

in one thread you say you hear from God through scripture

I and millions of others say that because it is true. GOD SPEAKS TO HIS CHILDREN IN AND THROUGH HIS WORD.

and here you say that scripture isn't for us

Is That what I said??? or is that what your careless reading of my post said to you?
2tim 3;

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

"because something is in the bible does not mean it was spoken to YOU."

While all 66 books are for all Christians to read and study, not every verse was spoken to us directly for us to obey....
Let's look at this passage;

Jn16:
16 These things have I spoken unto you,

Here Jesus is speaking directly to the Apostles as the context demands

that ye should not be offended.

2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

****H2S....you and Ron were not there with Jesus [at the beginning]as he describes,
This passage is speaking only to them at that time!
;)
Earlier in jn15:

27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

We can read and understand that the Apostles were promised things that we are not promised. Do we benefit from understanding the passage...sure, but that does not mean it was not given to them directly.o_O

5 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?

6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth
: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak:

and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

[QUOTE]How convenient for you to determine which scripture is applicable to us and which one isn't.[/QUOTE]
Biblical teachers do determine which scripture is applicable and which are not.If you left your stories and daydreams and looked more carefully at scripture, you could find the same truths.
That you turn away from biblical teachers and turn to your imagined experiences is why you are not understanding this verse.

1. I wonder what we would do without your constant correction of which scripture applies and which doesn't. :rolleyes:
    I do not wonder about it, at all. You would continue on sharing feelings, emotional ideas, daydreams, supposed stories, alleged angelic visitations appearing outside of bar rooms early in the morning, comparing yourselves with yourselves, rather than having a reverence for the word of God.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the Apostles taught, and all believers have the privilege to seek out, contend earnestly and adorn the doctrines of "the faith once delivered to the saints" (Jude).
Yes...Jude3 is a strong verse
That does not change the biblical fact of Apostolic Uniqueness.
You and I were not there from the beginning with Jesus. This promise was for them alone.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes...Jude3 is a strong verse
That does not change the biblical fact of Apostolic Uniqueness.
You and I were not there from the beginning with Jesus. This promise was for them alone.
...but the faith and doctrine is recorded in Scripture, there is no human Apostolic succession now. Period; end of matter.