Flea problem fixed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A year or two ago I let my brother-in-law and his sister stay at my home. They had two tiny dogs. I should have known better but I let them in. Within about two weeks I started getting rashes on my body. I eventually told them they couldn't stay with me anymore. I ended up having to go to the hospital twice for rashes with possible infections.

Later I realized it was fleas. I tried treating the carpet with salt as advised by the internet. Stupid mistake, internet advice is the worst and I should have known better. I tried different sprays that were suggested on the internet. Stupid again. But I didn't know where to turn.

Finally I tried this nasty chemical spray that wasn't safe for people or pets to be around and you had to leave the house for hours at a time. After about 2-3 weeks the fleas finally died. It was a grueling process and I learned an important lesson about trying to help people by letting them live in my house, not a good idea.

But on a positive note, I learned the best flea spray had a chemical in it that some foggers and sprays have. The instructions have to be followed on items like this though.

If you end up with a flea problem and have animals I've heard you can just treat the animals and it's enough. But I didn't have animals to treat. So home spray was the way.

Cheers,

Devin

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A year or two ago I let my brother-in-law and his sister stay at my home. They had two tiny dogs. I should have known better but I let them in. Within about two weeks I started getting rashes on my body. I eventually told them they couldn't stay with me anymore. I ended up having to go to the hospital twice for rashes with possible infections.

Later I realized it was fleas. I tried treating the carpet with salt as advised by the internet. Stupid mistake, internet advice is the worst and I should have known better. I tried different sprays that were suggested on the internet. Stupid again. But I didn't know where to turn.

Finally I tried this nasty chemical spray that wasn't safe for people or pets to be around and you had to leave the house for hours at a time. After about 2-3 weeks the fleas finally died. It was a grueling process and I learned an important lesson about trying to help people by letting them live in my house, not a good idea.

But on a positive note, I learned the best flea spray had a chemical in it that some foggers and sprays have. The instructions have to be followed on items like this though.

If you end up with a flea problem and have animals I've heard you can just treat the animals and it's enough. But I didn't have animals to treat. So home spray was the way.

Cheers,

Devin

Many years ago the flea collars didn't work. You could shampoo the rug and that worked to kill them.

Nowadays they have the ointment that you apply between the pet's shoulders....it lasts for a month and really works. Kills the fleas in 24 hrs.

When I brought my cat in from the street, I paid an animal rescue gal to give her a flea bath. Since I don't have fleas in the apartment and my cat was flea free when she came inside....we are good.

One time my mom and I ran into an old neighbor. She invited us up to her apartment. She had a couple of dogs.

Well, I sat on her sofa and started to get bit by fleas like crazy! I had welts by the time I got home!

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many years ago the flea collars didn't work. You could shampoo the rug and that worked to kill them.

Nowadays they have the ointment that you apply between the pet's shoulders....it lasts for a month and really works. Kills the fleas in 24 hrs.

When I brought my cat in from the street, I paid an animal rescue gal to give her a flea bath. Since I don't have fleas in the apartment and my cat was flea free when she came inside....we are good.

One time my mom and I ran into an old neighbor. She invited us up to her apartment. She had a couple of dogs.

Well, I sat on her sofa and started to get bit by fleas like crazy! I had welts by the time I got home!
Yeah, strange thing is when I let my brother and sister stay with me I noticed bumpy rash on their arms, the spirit cautioned me that it could be contagious. I had no idea it was fleas. Terrible mess. But I haven't seen a flea in years now, knock on wood.

Reactions: Debp