Flesh is Not Sinful

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.

1. If all flesh is born with a sin 'spirit', then so was Jesus' flesh made with sin 'spirit' by the seed of Adam through David.
(Note: not all flesh on earth would be born of sin, but only man's. The rest of the mortal living creatures are still cool with God as made in the beginning.)

2. If Jesus flesh was sinful, then He still was tempted in all points like as we, and without sinning, while also being like as we in sinful flesh.

Much more then is being born of sin nature without excuse for sinning. His sinful flesh and bones are still to walk as He walked, enduring all temptation without sinning.

3. If Jesus was not made of flesh with sin 'spirit', while all other men are, then neither are His flesh and bones today, but are born of God with new sinless flesh as He.

Neither of these of course is true, since no flesh is born of a sin spirit, neither man nor beast.

And so, the reading of Scripture in context of all flesh being mortal grass, and Jesus made of the seed of David in the flesh, ought therefore be:

God sending his own Son in the likeness of flesh of sinful man, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh, unlike sinful man.

Unrepentant sinners didn't want Jesus to righteously come in the same flesh as they, nor His righteous flesh and bones today.

Antichrists preach against the righteous coming in the flesh, as being self-righteous heresy against all flesh born with a sin 'spirit'.

OSAS preaches a superman christ made of another kind of flesh, that they cannot possibly live like, and jehovah worshippers preach a superhero christ deified after the flesh, that they cannot possibly live like.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' flesh was just like all flesh born of a woman: mortally made by man's physical seed, as is all mortal living creatures on earth.

Jesus came in the flesh of all men, but unlike sinning man, He did not sin as a man in mortal flesh.

Antichrists say He did not come in the flesh of sinful man, but in another kind of flesh without sin in it.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.

1. If all flesh is born with a sin 'spirit', then so was Jesus' flesh made with sin 'spirit' by the seed of Adam through David.
(Note: not all flesh on earth would be born of sin, but only man's. The rest of the mortal living creatures are still cool with God as made in the beginning.)

2. If Jesus flesh was sinful, then He still was tempted in all points like as we, and without sinning, while also being like as we in sinful flesh.

Much more then is being born of sin nature without excuse for sinning. His sinful flesh and bones are still to walk as He walked, enduring all temptation without sinning.

3. If Jesus was not made of flesh with sin 'spirit', while all other men are, then neither are His flesh and bones today, but are born of God with new sinless flesh as He.

Neither of these of course is true, since no flesh is born of a sin spirit, neither man nor beast.

And so, the reading of Scripture in context of all flesh being mortal grass, and Jesus made of the seed of David in the flesh, ought therefore be:

God sending his own Son in the likeness of flesh of sinful man, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh, unlike sinful man.

Unrepentant sinners didn't want Jesus to righteously come in the same flesh as they, nor His righteous flesh and bones today.

Antichrists preach against the righteous coming in the flesh, as being self-righteous heresy against all flesh born with a sin 'spirit'.

OSAS preaches a superman christ made of another kind of flesh, that they cannot possibly live like, and jehovah worshippers preach a superhero christ deified after the flesh, that they cannot possibly live like.
The whole world is fallen. Death came upon all living things as a result of original sin.

The flesh IS sinful. It is the flesh that desires the sensual things of the world; drugs, alcohol, sex, pride, revenge, material wealth, etc.

Jesus' body was part God and part man as His supernatural seed was of the Father and the egg was of his mother's flesh body.

He conquered sin 'while in the flesh'. That was a divine achievement. Not only in its possibility, but in its impossibility for a human.

By doing that, He blazed a spiritual trail for all to follow who would give themselves up to His Ways; those who would commit to obeying what He obeyed and living as He lived.
John 15:10
1 John 2:6

It's difficult to conceive of the dynamics of it all, for it is a spiritual dynamic, but the life He lived to completion - without committing a single sin - broke the curse completely only for those who would live the same life. That is impossible without the Holy Spirit changing us daily from the inside and guiding us to walk as He walked; to literally "walk with Christ."

Remember, Jesus Christ IS the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole world is fallen. Death came upon all living things as a result of original sin.

The flesh IS sinful. It is the flesh that desires the sensual things of the world; drugs, alcohol, sex, pride, revenge, material wealth, etc.

Jesus' body was part God and part man as His supernatural seed was of the Father and the egg was of his mother's flesh body.

He conquered sin 'while in the flesh'. That was a divine achievement. Not only in its possibility, but in its impossibility for a human.

By doing that, He blazed a spiritual trail for all to follow who would give themselves up to His Ways; those who would commit to obeying what He obeyed and living as He lived.
John 15:10
1 John 2:6

It's difficult to conceive of the dynamics of it all, for it is a spiritual dynamic, but the life He lived to completion - without committing a single sin - broke the curse completely only for those who would live the same life. That is impossible without the Holy Spirit changing us daily from the inside and guiding us to walk as He walked; to literally "walk with Christ."

Remember, Jesus Christ IS the Holy Spirit.
Great pseudo-spiritual humanism, lousy doctrine for Christ.

It's difficult to conceive, because it's much funner to the carnal mind, to make up mystical confusion in the guise of Scriptural understanding.

Be at least courteous and not post as though replying to what someone as written, without bothering to address it.

This is a study thread, so you can just post your own personal version of things freely and independently of others.

P.s. your body is only mortal, and is not the blame for you sinning. "I'm only human" doesn't work with God.

Souls sin with their bodies, bodies do not sin despite the soul.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great pseudo-spiritual humanism, lousy doctrine for Christ.

It's difficult to conceive, because it's much funner to the carnal mind, to make up mystical confusion in the guise of Scriptural understanding.

Be at least courteous and not post as though replying to what someone as written, without bothering to address it.

This is a study thread, so you can just post your own personal version of things freely and independently of others.

P.s. your body is only mortal, and is not the blame for you sinning. "I'm only human" doesn't work with God.

Souls sin with their bodies, bodies do not sin despite the soul.
It appears you didn't even read my post.

If you'd like Biblical confirmation of any single point made, specify the point and let's take it to Scripture.

Reactions: marks

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears you didn't even read my post.

If you'd like Biblical confirmation of any single point made, specify the point and let's take it to Scripture.
I did.

I posted first with one scripture and reading on it and why.

You first.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did.

I posted first with one scripture and reading on it and why.

You first.
All I can do is support what I've already posted since you refuse to specify your objection as an attempt to avoid being corrected.
The whole world is fallen.
1 John 5:19
Death came upon all living things as a result of original sin.
Sin entered the world, and death by sin. Romans 5:12
The flesh IS sinful. It is the flesh that desires the sensual things of the world;
The flesh is the source of the passions and desires.
Galatians 5:24
The deeds of the flesh are evident.
Galatians 5:19-21
Lusts and desires are of the flesh, and of the brain (the mind).
Ephesians 2:3
We must fight against our flesh, against its lusts.
Romans 13:14
The Flesh has desires of its very own that strive against the Holy Spirit, and the Spirit battles against the desires that come from the flesh itself.
Galatians 5:17

Now you go.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What scripture do you base this statement of yours on about Jesus?
I can look for a few, but do I need Scripture for that fact? Really?

He was completely without sin, right?

While He was in the flesh, right?

That's how He was able to be the perfect sacrifice and accomplish all that He did on the Cross.

You don't agree with that?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can look for a few, but do I need Scripture for that fact? Really?

He was completely without sin, right?

While He was in the flesh, right?

That's how He was able to be the perfect sacrifice and accomplish all that He did on the Cross.

You don't agree with that?

I want you to look at 1 John 3:9 and compare that to your belief that Jesus "conquered sin." Did He really conquer sin, or was it that he never had a desire to sin in the first place?

Jesus was conceived with the same seed that those of us who are born again of the Spirit receive when we are filled with the Holy Spirit. The sin nature/flesh is dead, and we are freed from sin. And 1 John 5:18 shows that we also "keep ourselves" so we can remain free from sin. Jesus was the first of many brethren. Those 'many brethren are those who are born again free from sin. Revelation 22:11 shows why we MUST be born again. Only those who are righteous and holy will enter into heaven. The false doctrine that sinners go to heaven is absolutely a doctrine of demons. Demons don't care if you believe Jesus is the Son of God, just as long as you keep sinning, and believe false teachers for itching ears.

Romans 6:6-7
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus was the only human ever to be born without sin Robert, although his mother was a sinner, his Father was not. We can discern from this that if one of the original parents had not sinned, we would not have inherited sin thus death. Jesus' return will not be fleshly, he and all other heavenly beings are spirit beings, and soon Jesus' will return to remove the wicked and establish the Kingdom. You, I, and everyone who posts here have asked for that in prayer sir.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh,
In the likeness of sinful flesh, not in sinful flesh. There is a huge difference.

This is how Jesus is the Last Adam. Otherwise He'd still be a part of the First Adam. All humanity was contained "in the loins of Adam" when he was corrupted by sin.

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want you to look at 1 John 3:9 and compare that to your belief that Jesus "conquered sin." Did He really conquer sin, or was it that he never had a desire to sin in the first place?

Jesus was conceived with the same seed that those of us who are born again of the Spirit receive when we are filled with the Holy Spirit. The sin nature/flesh is dead, and we are freed from sin. And 1 John 5:18 shows that we also "keep ourselves" so we can remain free from sin. Jesus was the first of many brethren. Those 'many brethren are those who are born again free from sin. Revelation 22:11 shows why we MUST be born again. Only those who are righteous and holy will enter into heaven. The false doctrine that sinners go to heaven is absolutely a doctrine of demons. Demons don't care if you believe Jesus is the Son of God, just as long as you keep sinning, and believe false teachers for itching ears.

Romans 6:6-7
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.
You're just ridiculous, 'Lady'.

You always want to differ with me, no matter how petty, and your argument is an attempt to diminish Jesus Christ's accomplishments.

Jesus was "tempted" just as we are. If He had not been, His achievements in the flesh would be nothing. That is what you are hoping to convince people of.
You have failed.
Hebrews 4:15

Jesus was tempted by the devil in the wilderness, during His 40 day and night fast that required angels to minister to Him afterward due to the extreme nature of the fast. He couldn't have been tempted if the flesh had no effect on Him.
Matthew 4:1-11

You, and your Faction's, attempts to discredit God in every way are becoming so bold, and desperate, that they are losing all their potency to mislead even the simplest minded Christians.

Your efforts are futile.

Heretic.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the likeness of sinful flesh, not in sinful flesh. There is a huge difference.

This is how Jesus is the Last Adam. Otherwise He'd still be a part of the First Adam. All humanity was contained "in the loins of Adam" when he was corrupted by sin.
Jesus HAD to be in sinful flesh or the temptations for sin in the world would have had no effect on Him.

They DID effect Him and He overcame them as an example, and an avenue, for our salvation, Marks.

The possibility that anybody who calls themselves a Christian can believe that Jesus was not tempted in the flesh shows a profound lack of Biblical knowledge and understanding, and - in my opinion - a great lack of reverence for Jesus Christ.

Get it together!

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're just ridiculous, 'Lady'.

You always want to differ with me, no matter how petty, and your argument is an attempt to diminish Jesus Christ's accomplishments.

Jesus was "tempted" just as we are. If He had not been, His achievements in the flesh would be nothing. That is what you are hoping to convince people of.
You have failed.
Hebrews 4:15

Jesus was tempted by the devil in the wilderness, during His 40 day and night fast that required angels to minister to Him afterward due to the extreme nature of the fast. He couldn't have been tempted if the flesh had no effect on Him.
Matthew 4:1-11

You, and your Faction's, attempts to discredit God in every way are becoming so bold, and desperate, that they are losing all their potency to mislead even the simplest minded Christians.

Your efforts are futile.

Heretic.

You say tempted, as if He could fail. I say tested, and passed. I don't diminish Jesus Christ's accomplishments. I know WHO He is! Jesus took away our sin nature so that we can be like Him - free from sin. Romans 6:6-7, and 1 John 3:5-9

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus HAD to be in sinful flesh or the temptations for sin in the world would have had no effect on Him.

They DID effect Him and He overcame them as an example, and an avenue, for our salvation, Marks.

The possibility that anybody who calls themselves a Christian can believe the Jesus was not tempted in the flesh shows a profound lack of Biblical knowledge and understanding, and - in my opinion - a great lack of reverence for Jesus Christ.

Get it together!

You are saying Jesus was born corrupted by sin, and you are telling me to get it together?

So here's a Question. What was it about Jesus the He is the Last Adam?

Why do you think that someone can only be tempted to sin if they are in corrupt flesh?

And what is the meaning of "In the likeness of sinful flesh"? Why "likeness"?

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say tempted, as if He could fail. I say tested, and passed. I don't diminish Jesus Christ's accomplishments. I know WHO He is! Jesus took away our sin nature so that we can be like Him - free from sin. Romans 6:6-7, and 1 John 3:5-9
The flesh man could have failed, and fallen, if Jesus did not accomplish what He accomplished.

Tell me, how can somebody achieve a sinless life if sin had no effect on them whatsoever? That's a non-accomplishment and it is ridiculous.
THEY DIDN'T!!!
Repulsive, irreverent IGNORANCE!!!

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are saying Jesus was born corrupted by sin
Nope. His flesh body was just as susceptible to sin temptation as ours. It was OF THE WORLD. Therefore, it was a fallen flesh body that is capable of, and desires, sin.

Which of these facts from the Word of God have you chosen to refuse to believe?

The flesh is the source of the passions and desires.
Galatians 5:24
The deeds of the flesh are evident.
Galatians 5:19-21
Lusts and desires are of the flesh, and of the brain (the mind).
Ephesians 2:3
We must fight against our flesh, against its lusts.
Romans 13:14
The Flesh has desires of its very own that strive against the Holy Spirit, and the Spirit battles against the desires that come from the flesh itself.
Galatians 5:17

Last edited: