FOODS ACCEPTABLE TO GOD AND GOOD NUTRITION ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Different foods for different spiritual periods

Genesis 1:29
And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.

Genesis 9:3
Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. 4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

Leviticus 11 (whole chapter)
From everything that moves restricted down to meat only good for sacrifices to God to show separated unto God.

Leviticus 20:25-26 (unclean foods equated to Gentiles)
25 You shall therefore distinguish between clean animals and unclean, between unclean birds and clean, and you shall not make yourselves abominable by beast or by bird, or by any kind of living thing that creeps on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean. 26 And you shall be holy to Me, for I the Lord am holy, and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be Mine.

Acts 10:15 (with the spiritual cleansing of the Gentiles, all foods are now acceptable, going back to edict to Noah above, Genesis 9:3)
15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed you must not call common.”

1 Corinthians 6:12-13 (no longer a sin to eat unclean meats, but not everything is healthy)
12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them.

1 Timothy 4:1-5 (confirmation that food laws have gone back to the edict to Noah)
Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from food created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Conclusion, the original vegetarian diet is healthiest, but it is no longer a sin to eat meat of any kind if sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Different foods for different spiritual periods

Genesis 1:29
And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.

Genesis 9:3
Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. 4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

Leviticus 11 (whole chapter)
From everything that moves restricted down to meat only good for sacrifices to God to show separated unto God.

Leviticus 20:25-26 (unclean foods equated to Gentiles)
25 You shall therefore distinguish between clean animals and unclean, between unclean birds and clean, and you shall not make yourselves abominable by beast or by bird, or by any kind of living thing that creeps on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean. 26 And you shall be holy to Me, for I the Lord am holy, and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be Mine.

Acts 10:15 (with the spiritual cleansing of the Gentiles, all foods are now acceptable, going back to edict to Noah above, Genesis 9:3)
15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed you must not call common.”

1 Corinthians 6:12-13 (no longer a sin to eat unclean meats, but not everything is healthy)
12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them.

1 Timothy 4:1-5 (confirmation that food laws have gone back to the edict to Noah)
Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from food created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Conclusion, the original vegetarian diet is healthiest, but it is no longer a sin to eat meat of any kind if sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Did I not say the same thing?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reality is Adam and Eve gave birth to children who married each other, so genetic decline result.

Same thing again with Noah and his family. The genetical was just too small so more to climb began.

God allowed eating meat simply because it contained certain proteins, etc. that the body no longer was capable of producing so it needed a source, meaning meat.

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reality is Adam and Eve gave birth to children who married each other, so genetic decline result.

Same thing again with Noah and his family. The genetical was just too small so more to climb began.

God allowed eating meat simply because it contained certain proteins, etc. that the body no longer was capable of producing so it needed a source, meaning meat.

No.

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No based on the what? Are you denying genetics?

Are you so dull to think that God, who had already created a complete nutritional profile with the fruits and vegetables he designed and gave Adam to sustain his body perfectly, would then much time later give man a new set of instructions on what he can eat just to consume more protein?

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The institute also lists the following among non-meat foods that are good sources of iron:
  • Spinach and other dark green leafy vegetables.
  • Tofu.
  • Peas; lentils; white, red, and baked beans; soybeans; and chickpeas.
  • Dried fruits, such as prunes, raisins, and apricots.
  • Prune juice. Whole pomegranate.
  • Iron-fortified cereals and breads.
  • Beets and their leaves

Last edited:

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Alot of bodybuilders lie about what they intake, and use steroids and testosterone to get big, which they justify to already be naturally occurring in the body. The "bodybuilding" lifestyle is just as unhealthy as the obesity lifestyle, because the body is still processing too much food, which is why alot of bodybuilders have kidney and liver problems. They are not the representation of true health, they are the representation of what society thinks is "beautiful", a body with overly developed muscles. This is no different than the Greeks who loved muscular bodies as well. A healthy body is one that is not too lean, nor too robust, just balanced.

B

brakelite

Alot of bodybuilders lie about what they intake, and use steroids and testosterone to get big, which they justify to already be naturally occurring in the body. The "bodybuilding" lifestyle is just as unhealthy as the obesity lifestyle, because the body is still processing too much food, which is why alot of bodybuilders have kidney and liver problems. They are not the representation of true health, they are the representation of what society thinks is "beautiful", a body with overly developed muscles. This is no different than the Greeks who loved muscular bodies as well. A healthy body is one that is not too lean, nor too robust, just balanced.
I am not advocating a body building lifestyle, far from it. My video ^^^^ was in response t an earlier claim that vegetarians lack iron and suffer from anemia. That is nonsense. And there are many vegan athletes who do not use steroids...they are genuine advocates for a healthy lifestyle.
You've probably seen this guy before???

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not advocating a body building lifestyle, far from it. My video ^^^^ was in response t an earlier claim that vegetarians lack iron and suffer from anemia. That is nonsense. And there are many vegan athletes who do not use steroids...they are genuine advocates for a healthy lifestyle.
You've probably seen this guy before???

Do not be gullible and readily believe people what people claim. What they say may or may not be true about themselves, whether they use steroids or not. However, what we do know is one thing, these are people that are obsessed with their bodies, making it as muscular as it can be, to conform to an idea of what society thinks is beautiful. I know these things very well because I was once one of them, although I never used steroids, but I did use many other products to build muscle. Do not admire these people, but rather, admire those who are wise in the truth, who have exercised their minds with the meticulous study of the word of God, and are strong in the knowledge and wisdom of God, which in turn, will result in a new body, glorified, immortal, and perfect in beauty, which is greater than the body these bodybuilders seek to achieve, because in the end, their bodies will grow old and decay in death, whereas the new bodies of the wise is incorruptible and will never die.

Reactions: charity

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've heard that it isn't only the iron in meat that prevents anemia.

True. Iron only prevents iron-deficiency anaemia. Vitamin B12 is also essential, and it's ONLY found in foods of animal origin. Vegans have to take special vitamin supplements or eat artificially fortified foods (to which vitamin B12 has been added).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

nice imo, I have to say that you have suggested "if" whereas the Book seems to suggest "it is," at least in that tranny? But i'd have to Lex it or whatever, you might be ahead of me there

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That is nonsense
"not a sin" may not necessarily mean "no health consequences" I guess, ya.
there is a marked diff in the way we consume meat and say an Oriental would, etc, not that I like to advocate eating meat in any form personally. But I am a meat freak lol, a hypocrite. I take it as a sign of my spiritual condition personally

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nice imo, I have to say that you have suggested "if" whereas the Book seems to suggest "it is," at least in that tranny? But i'd have to Lex it or whatever, you might be ahead of me there

I copied the verse right out of Biblegateway. NKJV