For all those who share the hope of the second Advent...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For clarity, honestly, what is your thoughts on the FIRST ADVENT, and your own thoughts on the SECOND ADVENT ?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For clarity, honestly, what is your thoughts on the FIRST ADVENT, and your own thoughts on the SECOND ADVENT ?
The first past, the second yet to come.
Both physical.
The first to free mankind from the bondage if sin, the second to free us from the threat of Extinction.
The first to unite mankind spiritually with the Father, the second to unite us face to face.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Fantastic! .. great to see the enthusiasm of those singing. It lifts my spirit and puts a spring in my step. Yessss, Jesus is coming soon!

Reactions: Brakelite

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really don't know and want to find out, or you don't think it does come from the Bible and I'm making it up?

Just wanting to know where you are coming from... Whether you are genuinely interested or just challenging me.

Both, as required by God's Instructions to Believers in the Bible.
If your source is Bible then it is welcome.
If your source is anti-Bible, which is not at all apparent, but then it would be to be avoided.

Unless you say and show it is from the Bible, your source is unknown and simply "on hold' (cannot be accepted until proven Biblical).

This is true of every message, every post, every statement by anyone, anywhere, as noted in Scripture - even if the apostle Paul, or as if an angel of light, brought a message - the assembly was told not to accept it unless it was in harmony with the gospel of Jesus that was already revealed and delivered .

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Both, as required by God's Instructions to Believers in the Bible.
If your source is Bible then it is welcome.
If your source is anti-Bible, which is not at all apparent, but then it would be to be avoided.

Unless you say and show it is from the Bible, your source is unknown and simply "on hold' (cannot be accepted until proven Biblical).

This is true of every message, every post, every statement by anyone, anywhere, as noted in Scripture - even if the apostle Paul, or as if an angel of light, brought a message - the assembly was told not to accept it unless it was in harmony with the gospel of Jesus that was already revealed and delivered .
Okay, I accept that. And wholeheartedly agree that anything we believe and lay down as truth must be supported with scripture, and I would also suggest that yep, don't take my word for it. That said, I didn't want to turn this thread into a prophecy debate. They tend to go all over the place...I just wanted to bring some encouragement and joy to the current situation in the world through the above music. But by all means let's talk about.... Perhaps on another thread.
BTW, I'm must admit to being a little nonplussed that a Bible believing Christian would require scriptural proof of the second coming.... But you aren't the first... And even the fact that there are doubters is in itself evidence of the second coming. So if you want to start a discussion on the topic elsewhere, go ahead... Lay out your points and questions and I'd be delighted to join in.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, I'm must admit to being a little nonplussed that a Bible believing Christian would require scriptural proof of the second coming.... But you aren't the first...
I had no idea that the op, your topic, was about the second coming of Jesus, Biblically especially.

It at first looked like something else, I'm sorry it did - but the last couple days on this site influenced my perception of it, since so much of this site is 'off' in so much deception and error, to say the least....

I just now clicked on the video, and was happy to see it.... :) ..... (not that I know it , haven't watched it, so can't say it is right or wrong, and won't pursue that )