For I acknowledge my transgressions; and my sin is ever before me. Psalms 51:3.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I ask you a question? Acknowledging our transgressions is a given, imo, for this group and
most people with a conscience.
What are my transgression at this point point in my life, anyway?
Accidentally, hurting someone's feelings, maybe....which wasn't even my intention?
That's about as bad as it gets...my murdering and pillaging are behind me now. ;)

Why would I ever want to keep my sins ever before me? Do you do that?

Being an ex-Catholic, I am very aware of the 'guilt and shame, I am a worm, and filthy rags mentality'.
Well, I make mistakes, I regret them, vow never again, am so sorry, often make amends and then leave them behind me.

Point: If my cup is filled with guilt and shame....there is no room for God's Love!
I can't keep HIM before me!

My logic: I am His daughter which makes me worthy and deserving
of all my heavenly Father cares to shower on me.
He is the King, which makes me His beloved, little princess to live fully and carefree.:)

Keeping my sins ever before me would make me like the scared puppy
that won't even let you pet it!
What a terrible thing for God!
That I would cower in fear and unworthiness whenever He wants to beam His love in me?

I have felt this way since 1972...when 'I got it'.
Your take?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can I ask you a question? Acknowledging our transgressions is a given, imo, for this group and
Accidentally, hurting someone's feelings, maybe....which wasn't even my intention?
That's about as bad as it gets...my murdering and pillaging are behind me now. ;)

Being an ex-Catholic, I am very aware of the 'guilt and shame, I am a worm, and filthy rags mentality'.
Well, I make mistakes, I regret them, vow never again, am so sorry, often make amends and then leave them behind me.

Point: If my cup is filled with guilt and shame....there is no room for God's Love!

He is the King, which makes me His beloved, little princess to live fully and carefree.:)

That I would cower in fear and unworthiness whenever He wants to beam His love in me?

Your take?

I take the personal stuff and leave it on the altar. It isn't personal...at least not at the outset. God is not a respecter of persons. Our history is important to us. But what God looks for is not what we think is important.

So we have to realize that God must deal fairly with all mankind. So then I embrace the truth...even if it condemns me in the present. Love of the truth is something of value. So I look for things that have an eternal value. Love...being the most obvious one.

Another great attribute is the willingness to suffer. A willingness to be overlooked and hated for the sake of the Lord. These things when we learn to take them in a greater way...help us to settle down into God's speed. From there God is very near to us.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your take?

When reading scripture you must understand the mindset and the setting of the author. The Psalms were written during sin's reign. That was so UNTIL Christ for those who accept Him. We cannot go back to old thinking like a dog returning to his own vomit.

John 8:34-36 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

1 John 3:
7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

So, if you are a Christian, your sin is NOT ever before you.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Pilate said " Behold the Man.."
John the Baptist said " Behold the Lamb.."

We know that Jesus is no longer on the cross...so we don't as it were "look to the cross"....but we do still "behold"..

" Moses endured by seeing Him who is invisible..." Heb 11
Moses beheld Him...

So while we in the NT don't live with our sins before us...but we in a way..Know where are sins are...= upon Him who our soul loves. And He is always before our eyes.

I like your thread... :)

Reactions: Truth and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your take?

"That's about as bad as it gets...my murdering and pillaging are behind me now. ;) LOL.
"I have felt this way since 1972...when 'I got it'.
Your take?"

Could it be that, now that Jesus has redeemed us, AND we now have the Holy Spirit living INSIDE us that, we no longer need to hold onto sins (and the guilt that comes from them) that are no longer there "ever before our eyes"? Psalm 103:12 "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us."
So, we are empty and willing for Him to fill us to overflowing with His will! :) Or, something like that? lol.

"What are my transgression at this point point in my life, anyway?"

Ya know this is an area where I have thought of many times. I thought, well-okay, I am no longer living the old life...but, I found there was a whole lot more that was considered sin against Him! Things that at first, you can't see AS sin, but when we let His light shine-all KINDS of garbage is seen! As of today, I feel as if certain thoughts in my mind can be sinful but, my behavior has done a 360 :)

Reactions: Helen

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

This is true. And the more aware we are of our guilt the more ashamed we are to stand before Him...

The sacrament of reconcilliation absolves us of that guilt and purifies our concience, that we might once more approach Him...

What Grace it is!
Alleluia!

Pax!

Reactions: Nancy

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true. And the more aware we are of our guilt the more ashamed we are to stand before Him...

The sacrament of reconcilliation absolves us of that guilt and purifies our concience, that we might once more approach Him...

What Grace it is!
Alleluia!

Pax!

If you are free from sin, what are you feeling guilty about? John 8:34-36

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your take?
There was a time in my life that I was about to give up on being a Christian because no matter how hard I tried I seemed to always mess up....like Paul....I had the will to do right but not ability to keep from doing wrong....I was always going to alter for prayer to be saved again, rededicate my life to Christ again, to be delivered of backsliding and so forth...…
I went home after church one day and just fell to my knees and cried out "I give up...this Christianity thing is too hard and I will never make it to heaven no matter how hard I try!"
That was when I heard Him to speak to me for the first time.....and what He said set me free from condemnation....He said He was my Father and no matter how many times I mess up He would never stop loving me or let me go...He would chasten me however......and He used my daughter and said as much as you love your daughter so much more do I love you that you cannot comprehend....and she will make mistakes but you will always love her.

So my take on the matter is that we as human parents can raise our children and teach them right and wrong, discipline them when they do wrong, reward them when they do right, but never ever stop loving them or being there parents......so why would God, our Father, be any different....once we are His child through adoption by Christ then we are His period.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When reading scripture you must understand the mindset and the setting of the author. The Psalms were written during sin's reign. T
So, if you are a Christian, your sin is NOT ever before you.
Exactly. But somewhere this was said recently as if it was for now.
And 2 of my friends think they are filthy rags and a worm.

Sorry for the typos in the op...it was before my coffee!!!!!

PS I have know read all the above posts....thank you all!
Too many to comment on...Love them! :)

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That is so sad. :(

But thanks be to God, He has made way for us to have our hearts and concience cleansed... That we might enter into the Divine love that He has for His children...

I pray for your friends to receive the Grace to come to know and embrace His Love.
Pax!

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a time in my life that I was about to give up on being a Christian because no matter how hard I tried I seemed to always mess up....like Paul....I had the will to do right but not ability to keep from doing wrong....I was always going to alter for prayer to be saved again, rededicate my life to Christ again, to be delivered of backsliding and so forth...…
I went home after church one day and just fell to my knees and cried out "I give up...this Christianity thing is too hard and I will never make it to heaven no matter how hard I try!"
That was when I heard Him to speak to me for the first time.....and what He said set me free from condemnation....He said He was my Father and no matter how many times I mess up He would never stop loving me or let me go...He would chasten me however......and He used my daughter and said as much as you love your daughter so much more do I love you that you cannot comprehend....and she will make mistakes but you will always love her.

So my take on the matter is that we as human parents can raise our children and teach them right and wrong, discipline them when they do wrong, reward them when they do right, but never ever stop loving them or being there parents......so why would God, our Father, be any different....once we are His child through adoption by Christ then we are His period.

Appreciate this testimony. I would like to make one point. It is common in Christianity to believe we have been adopted into the family of God. But that is not so. We have been born into the family of God, not adopted. We are 'real' sons and daughters of God. We, who have placed faith in Jesus Christ and are born-again, are truly of His seed, and of His Spirit. Adoption in Scripture speaks to our 'adult son placement', not our being made part of the family of God. No one is a child of God unless they have placed faith in Jesus Christ. And if they have, they are 'real' sons and daughters.

Also, concerning our constant backsliding and sinful ways, think about this. Note how the apostle Paul faced the similar experience. Italics mine.

1.) (1 Cor. 15:9) " For I am the 'least of the apostles'...." BAD

2.) (Eph. 3:8) "Unto me, who am 'less than the least of all saints'....." WORSE

3.) (1 Tim. 1:15) "...Jesus came into the world to save 'sinners; of whom I am chief'." WORST OF ALL

The longer you are a Christian, the more you see yourself as God sees you. But He always saw that, yet saved us anyway.

Stranger

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. But somewhere this was said recently as if it was for now.

Sorry for the typos in the op...it was before my coffee!!!!!

PS I have know read all the above posts....thank you all!
Too many to comment on...Love them! :)

People say a lot of stupid things. That is where false doctrines start - people. Personally, to say such things is a slap in the face to what Jesus accomplished, namely defeating Satan in our lives.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Currently nothing. Thus I am free to approach Him. That has not always been the case... But for His Grace, i would be , like Adam, back hiding in the bushes..

Pax!

Romans 6:2 says we are dead to sin. That is the truth and fact. However, further in the chapter we are commanded that we must also declare it, and reckon ourselves dead to sin. To say otherwise, is of the flesh, not of the Spirit.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pilate said " Behold the Man.."
John the Baptist said " Behold the Lamb.."

We know that Jesus is no longer on the cross...so we don't as it were "look to the cross"....but we do still "behold"..

" Moses endured by seeing Him who is invisible..." Heb 11
Moses beheld Him...

So while we in the NT don't live with our sins before us...but we in a way..Know where are sins are...= upon Him who our soul loves. And He is always before our eyes.

I like your thread... :)

Exactly, the one who bore our sin's is forever before us! Thank You, That was a Nugget of Truth

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the accuser of the brethren that keeps our sins before our face. The accuser of the brethren. If you can be condemned by him you will not lift a finger to resist.

A person who does not have oh realize who is unjustly accusing them will accept the guilt transgressions long forgiven. Getting locked into repentance for sin already forgiven is a trap Satan sets for the condemned of self.

He continually throws our past sins into our face. Woe to them that are weak in faith and never believe that certain sins are forgiven. An endless treadmill of condemnation.

Revelation 12:10 KJVS
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Humans are very ready to accept condemnation, usually those that are worthy of condemnation like the men who brought the so-called adulterous woman before Jesus.

We are sin aware as Christians.

If you allow Satan to condemn you with his accusations you will be powerless. Condemnation either self or Satan's, is a nail in the tire of faith.

Isaiah 59:12 KJVS
For our transgressions are multiplied before thee, and our sins testify against us: for our transgressions are with us; and as for our iniquities, we know them;

We stumble over our old man. He rears his head from time to time if our right button is pushed. Then we transgress by allowing him to speak and/or act.

Nahum 3:3 KJVS
The horseman lifteth up both the bright sword and the glittering spear: and there is a multitude of slain, and a great number of carcases; and there is none end of their corpses; they stumble upon their corpses:

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth and Nancy

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She said she was ex-Catholic, not ex-Christian. What makes you say that?

I have had discussions with her in the past. She talks a lot about God, and being a child of God, but never about being Christian or the need for Jesus Christ to be saved. And on her avatar she doesn't wear the label Christian.

Just ask her.

Stranger

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had discussions with her in the past. She talks a lot about God, and being a child of God, but never about being Christian or the need for Jesus Christ to be saved. And on her avatar she doesn't wear the label Christian.

Just ask her.

Stranger

I don't know. But I have known a lot of ex-Catholics that are now either agnostics or atheists, and one is Buddhist.

Last edited: