For This Site!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not sure if anyone else wants to join me in prayer...
...but I must say I feel a bit sad right now and down in the dumps.

No one minds a good healthy discussion, or even disagreeing with another member.... so , maybe it is "just me" today....
Disagreeing and hearing what others believe can be fun...if it is kept light and polite...I can disagree with my spouse strongly, but it doesn't have to be rudely!!

It just seems to me that these last couple of days , "certain people" are enjoying the freedom of 'bashing' what some of us believe and 'hold close' as truth. ( Constant belittling. )
Three people today have told the readers in different threads that- 'if we think we are going to heaven we are wrong'. Two were saying that what we believe is blasphemy.
It's not so much what is being said...I am no softy...it is the WAY it is being said, and the spirit in which it is being said..... that "in my book" should never come from those who call themselves Christians. We are more courteous to our dogs.... That's sad.

I have enjoyed this Site until today, there are some very nice and good people posting on this site that I have enjoyed reading...but right now I am asking myself why I would bother to come back tomorrow...

Rather than just leaving quietly..I thought..
Maybe if some of us pray about it, we can turn around the sour, bitter atmosphere that seems to have dominated the boards today!

Or , it could well be that most people like it just how it is!
It could well be "just me" who has got tired of reading ugly put-downs and unkind words today.
Maybe I should just pray myself , and ask the Lord if I am supposed to be here or not.

I have 'spouted off' too long, sorry ....
Thanks for listening...if indeed, you have. :)

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to Grace, these are growing pains. Philippians 3:17-21 "Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. 18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) 20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.". My words to you are, keep your eyes on the prize, who is Christ Jesus, press toward that mark. you have a lot to inform us on. just speak and let the Lord Jesus do the rest. if it hits one heart then your work is done. for all the angel in heaven rejoice over one soul saved. keep that in mind. for the race is not given to the swift, (the know it all), but to the one who endures, (overcomes) unto the END. you'll be surprise just how much an OVERCOMER you really are. see, one word from you can change someone life, now do you want to miss that...... (smile). I have seen it happen too many of times. one plant, the other water, but God give the increase. so plant, water, and watch the salvation of the Lord. I hope you re-consider.
thank in Christ Jesus, be blessed.

Reactions: tabletalk and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Skyangel
I was NOT speaking to YOU!!

I was asking for PRAYER here, not another one of your sermons.!!! :(:confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O
The point is that you don't seem to get, and don't want to understand is...you are NOT speaking to Pharisees here on THIS FORUM SITE however much you may think that we all are.

Most of us can find enough agro , and name calling, in the world to deal with daily...without coming here and and finding you, who obviously go by the name of "CHRISTIAN"..doing the same as those of the world!! I presume you must be a christian or you wouldn't be here posting on Christian boards!!!
Shame on you, I can see nothing Christlike in your attitude and the brow beating in your posts.

It is people like you who contaminate the atmosphere and bring a site to it's knees...but then again..maybe that is your intent all along!!!

If you cannot PRAY for this site to have some measure of christian unity...then stay out of this board , which is headed as a the PRAYER BOARD.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gino 101G
Thank you for your response ...I will muse upon that tonight. ✟

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am well on the way to quitely leaving

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sword, why? listen, Revelation 2:1 "Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; 2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: 3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. 4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. 5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent 6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. 7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

listen to all who want to leave or quite. you're an overcome. if God says that you're an overcome, then why question that?, do God lie? God forbid, NO. understand, God knows tommorrow, and your victory is just around the corner. why would you want to fall short when God is giving you the victory. see an overcome don't know that they are an overcome by looking at the now. an overcome is in the process of overcoming. when it's over then one can LOOK at now. but we walk by faith and not by sight. understand, christian have work to do, so I suggest you be about your fathers business. because when he returns he want to see us busy. let me tell all Christian something. the latter rain is the best time of our lives, we're living in exciting times. I remember when the Lord Jesus first taught me diversified oneness. well I been overcoming little bit by little bit. at first I wanted to quite. I say Lord no one is believing what I'm saying. and out of the blue one person who totally rejected what I said at first, came to me and said, "don't you know I went over what you said and I see what you're talking about, this was about a month in the making. and now he is one of my best supporters and learning at a very fast pace, even pointing out some thing to me.

bottom line, don't worry if it seems like you're not making progress, the battle is not your anyway. wait I say on the Lord, you just STAND and watch the salvation of the Lord. sometimes victory is bitter sweet. but oh how sweet it is in the end. these time are so exciting for me to give in or up now?, no way. I encourage all, sometime one might need to take a day off from the site and do some personal read for yourself. don't let this site consume all your time. spend time doing other things and be refreshed from time to time. remember you have all the time in the world. for God is your Father. act like his Sons and daughters.

be blessed, and be holy for he is Holy.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your response ...I will muse upon that tonight
in the name of the Lord Jesus thanks. just a suggestion, when in meditation tonight, just a suggestion read the story of the Prophet David, who was king. David life is extraordinary. he had up's and down's like many of us today, but with God on his side, and your also he overcame, like wise you will too. he had to wait for the promise, today we have the promise. just read about David, and see what God did for him, likewise he will do for you.

be blessed, and trust the LIVING God in you. I know you're a winner.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you. ✝️

I am still here!!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Please don't. There are far too few faithful hearts here!! If we go....the ' other spirits' have won!!!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am still here!!
I knew you was not going anywhere...... (smile), because you're a winner. I knew it all the time.
Now grace. suggestion. let's do some real bible studying. I want you to go to the bible study section and create a topic you want to speak on. I want to see you grow.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ha! Okay, I will later today...when things are not so busy here. At the moment I'm a bit swamped with stuff that needs doing. Blessings on you and yours.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have very little to teach I have shared what i know. some excepted it and some never. All I know is healing . I am not hurt I would be moving on anyway. I only came here to share to them that have an ear. And they heard it and excepted it.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have very little to teach I have shared what i know. some excepted it and some never. All I know is healing . I am not hurt I would be moving on anyway. I only came here to share to them that have an ear. And they heard it and excepted it.
ok, I'm not that learned in that area. it will be a blessing to me if you would share what you know in that healing area. and while doing it the Lord may reveal more unto you. second, none of us are teachers the teacher is in us. so let him teach. speak, and the one whom the Lord brought hear to hear will and be blessed. take note, some speaking is only for one person, I know this. third, ignore those who will not listen, again, give yourself a chance, and let the Lord work in you. healing is not all God have for you.

Reactions: Sword and Helen

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I want to say it is a blessing to have all of you here championing for the kingdom. For every time I see a false teaching or insults I also see you trying to address it and keep the peace. Not that they will ever accept sound doctrine, but it is refreshing.

I have been the only mod active recently and have limited the scope of what actions I will take on my own. I hope Brent, the owner, will bring more on board soon.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father I pray blessings on this request and upon this site in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the bbnradio.org Family Altar program... BBN Program Schedule

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not sure if anyone else wants to join me in prayer...
...but I must say I feel a bit sad right now and down in the dumps.

No one minds a good healthy discussion, or even disagreeing with another member.... so , maybe it is "just me" today....
Disagreeing and hearing what others believe can be fun...if it is kept light and polite...I can disagree with my spouse strongly, but it doesn't have to be rudely!!

It just seems to me that these last couple of days , "certain people" are enjoying the freedom of 'bashing' what some of us believe and 'hold close' as truth. ( Constant belittling. )
Three people today have told the readers in different threads that- 'if we think we are going to heaven we are wrong'. Two were saying that what we believe is blasphemy.
It's not so much what is being said...I am no softy...it is the WAY it is being said, and the spirit in which it is being said..... that "in my book" should never come from those who call themselves Christians. We are more courteous to our dogs.... That's sad.

I have enjoyed this Site until today, there are some very nice and good people posting on this site that I have enjoyed reading...but right now I am asking myself why I would bother to come back tomorrow...

Rather than just leaving quietly..I thought..
Maybe if some of us pray about it, we can turn around the sour, bitter atmosphere that seems to have dominated the boards today!

Or , it could well be that most people like it just how it is!
It could well be "just me" who has got tired of reading ugly put-downs and unkind words today.
Maybe I should just pray myself , and ask the Lord if I am supposed to be here or not.

I have 'spouted off' too long, sorry ....
Thanks for listening...if indeed, you have. :)

Sorry for the late reply, but members like you are a blessing to have on this site, we need more members like you, who bring encourage, cheer and joy, you may not always agree with others, but your responses are gentle & kind whether you agree or disagree. And this site would be a much better influence to visitors if we had more people like you. I do pray for members and this site every now and then. But thanks for being a great member and thanks for raising this issue up in the prayer section.

The body of Christ needs unity, between all members, it doesn't matter if one is Lutheran, another is non-denominational and another is Pentecostal, or if one is pre-millennial, and the other is post-millennial, what Christians need among each other is unity. The world doesn't need to come into a Christian forum or walk past a bunch of Christians just to hear arguments, they need to hear the good news, they need to hear all the wonderful things Jesus has done, is doing and will do.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The body of Christ needs unity, between all members, it doesn't matter if one is Lutheran, another is non-denominational and another is Pentecostal, or if one is pre-millennial, and the other is post-millennial, what Christians need among each other is unity. The world doesn't need to come into a Christian forum or walk past a bunch of Christians just to hear arguments, they need to hear the good news, they need to hear all the wonderful things Jesus has done, is doing and will do.

Amen to that. I think since I came back on here a month ago, I find more of the "I am right and you are wrong" mentality dominating. The sad thing is...people seem to forget that we are all ( *as the believers that you listed above) on the same side!! Yet pride and dominance to prove oneself right ...brings a different atmosphere with it.
I am more than interested in good, hearty , healthy,
discussions...even arguments...but there is no life found in it (in fact death)..if and when people say- "you are totally wrong "..meaning that- "I am totally in the right." A little humility is often found missing!
But, I am heartened to see that there are a good number of 'life-givers' here, which saves the day! :)
A million years ago , we were in a meeting with Richard Wurmbrand...he was older and prison worn when we met him.....a Romanian pastor imprisoned twice for preaching the gospel, forbidden in Romania...this was at the hight of
Communism..finally he was ransomed out for $10,000 and settled part of his time in England where we used to live.
He spoke of how when the chips were down, ALL of them ( that was JW's ,
Mormon's too , ) anyone that were there for the same reason , they shared a common faith at all in God...( though we know they did not all agree about Jesus , the blood , etc) they chose to break their tiny bits of mouldy bread together and worship in honour of the Lord, be they Baptist, Pentecostal, Catholic's or whatever... Something I have never forgotten.

He did say, as he was traveling on the train when leaving Romania...that he just couldn't help himself, a communist soldier was
opposite him in the carriage reading a news paper. Wumbrand said he leaned forward and asked- " What is the date on that newspaper?" The soldier answered.
Then Wumbrand said- "So, 1966 years from what...the earth is older than that?"
Needless to say...he led the soldier to Christ while in the act of fleeing the country. :)

Yep...we are for sure in the 'Good News' business!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen to that. I think since I came back on here a month ago, I find more of the "I am right and you are wrong" mentality dominating. The sad thing is...people seem to forget that we are all ( *as the believers that you listed above) on the same side!! Yet pride and dominance to prove oneself right ...brings a different atmosphere with it.
I am more than interested in good, hearty , healthy,
discussions...even arguments...but there is no life found in it (in fact death)..if and when people say- "you are totally wrong "..meaning that- "I am totally in the right." A little humility is often found missing!
But, I am heartened to see that there are a good number of 'life-givers' here, which saves the day! :)
A million years ago , we were in a meeting with Richard Wurmbrand...he was older and prison worn when we met him.....a Romanian pastor imprisoned twice for preaching the gospel, forbidden in Romania...this was at the hight of
Communism..finally he was ransomed out for $10,000 and settled part of his time in England where we used to live.
He spoke of how when the chips were down, ALL of them ( that was JW's ,
Mormon's too , ) anyone that were there for the same reason , they shared a common faith at all in God...( though we know they did not all agree about Jesus , the blood , etc) they chose to break their tiny bits of mouldy bread together and worship in honour of the Lord, be they Baptist, Pentecostal, Catholic's or whatever... Something I have never forgotten.

He did say, as he was traveling on the train when leaving Romania...that he just couldn't help himself, a communist soldier was
opposite him in the carriage reading a news paper. Wumbrand said he leaned forward and asked- " What is the date on that newspaper?" The soldier answered.
Then Wumbrand said- "So, 1966 years from what...the earth is older than that?"
Needless to say...he led the soldier to Christ while in the act of fleeing the country. :)

Yep...we are for sure in the 'Good News' business!!

Ah founder of "Voice of the Martyrs" that's awesome, i sometimes read them and I don't see any testimonies of division between persecuted Christians in those VOM news letters, even though it may be tough surviving as a Christian in those countries and villages, you gotta like the unity they have in those small little Christian communities among each other, where they are constantly under threat by authorities & extremist groups, and how they stay united through those times and continue to risk it, spreading the good news of Jesus.

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Skyangel
I was NOT speaking to YOU!!

I was asking for PRAYER here, not another one of your sermons.!!! :(:confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O
clear.png
:(
Peace be still. (HUG)
I will hold you in prayer. God surround you with his blessings and strength.

Reactions: Sword

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father I pray blessings on this request, on the CB, and that we may help people find a victorious life that will bring you glory in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the bbnradio.org Family Altar program... BBN Program Schedule