Forgetting Joy!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
James 1:2-4
"Brethren, count it as all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, lacking nothing."

In our Christian walk I think these ( above) verses might be some of the hardest verses to follow.
They are completely opposite to how our minds work. But it is truth. We need to realize the 'big picture' in life. Jesus has started a good work in us. Phil 1:6 " Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in us will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."
Not an easy work but a work that will make us "mature and complete, not lacking anything."

What a reward we have when we allow Jesus to work on and in us.
When we have faith that Jesus is in control, it allows us to have joy in the trials. Sometimes I lose sight of this!! I forget...I let Joy slip.

When we know that our Saviour is in control it gives our faith foundation. A sure foundation give us peace and Joy.
Faith leads to Endurance. Perseverance is the commitment to seeing things through (with joy).
Joy is the key though. The Joy of the Lord is our strength. I lost my strength today...because I lost my joy.
With out joy we forget what keeps us going..and what keeps us moving forward.
"Let us run with patience the race that is set before us...looking unto JESUS..the beginning and end our our faith. With JOY.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds me of many verses. This one, for example:

Romans 5:3-5 KJV
And not only so , but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; [4] And patience, experience; and experience, hope: [5] And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.