Forgetting Your Past 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:13,

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

You have to make up your mind what you are. You can't go by a main-line denominational term and a Christian too, you are one or the other. What are you? You can't be both of anything, you must make up your mind. I have been involved with the 12 step folk that say they are still alcoholics, dry for 20-30 years but still alcoholic. It doesn't matter the amount of years, 1 day or 20 years you have to make up your mind as to what you are.

Those are examples of not forgetting, and the world is quick to point out to you your shortcomings. If you are born again you will never ever be anything but a Christian. Others may label you and you may even label yourself something else, but you will never be anything other than what you were birthed to be, a Christian. Your mind nor the mind of another can judge what the father has done until they get the witness in them.

Don't be judged by others, judge yourself (the scriptures say) and see if these things are so. If you live by the standards of others you are a fool, a man pleaser Paul would say. There is only one to please you will find. If you want to be an alcoholic that hasn't drank in 30 years there is nothing anyone can do for you, but you are deceived.

It is all mind issues, it is not a spiritual matter. It is only spiritual if you are not born again. Spiritually if you are a believer you have been birthed by God the father and need information about that (it's called the gospel), but the mind has to forget and be renewed to the new life in Christ. I use the 12 step as an example, you can put in any category you please they are all the same, mind issues.

You know what failure is! It is the law at it's best placing a stumbling block in front of you. When someone tells you that you are an alcoholic, and you fall back into that, the law has done it's job. For someone to tell you that you can straighten out your life is a lie. If you could have it would have saved Jesus alot of hell on earth. There is nothing you can do to improve yourself. You can't even die to self, that is a lie, you can reckon yourself dead in Christ and alive to God, that's it nothing more you can do.

Ok so you say how do I make it work? When you fail you must say that is not me, that may have been who you used to be, but not anymore. You are the bonified offspring of God the father, and you should act like it. You see that is to simple for religion to handle, there must be more to do more to pay, hang your head in shame for awhile, feel like you are the only failure that ever lived. Then maybe we will let you back in. Can I suggest to you, if you are bound in some religious system! The best thing can can ever happen to you is to be given the left foot of fellowship, thrown out. It may sting at first but you will rejoice in the long run.

So the real you is a Christ-person to the father, a Christ-ian. Don't let man distract you from what it is your father is doing in your life. He is working through everything every day to conform you to the image of his Son.