Former Miss USA commits suicide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chelsea Kryst won Miss USA in 2019. Here is a brief article about her death.

I find this very troubling. Her mother said she had high functioning depression that she hid from everyone.

I find it troubling that she felt like she had to hide her mental struggles and had no one to talk to. Not to mention someome with such obvious strengths and achievements.

I suppose I wanted people's thoughts, especially if they've struggled with depression before.

I suppose it could affect anyone, no matter their status in life.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Former Miss USA commits suicide.
Self absorption will do that because the field of view becomes so narrow it either implodes or explodes ie, you either kill yourself or you kill others.

Daniel777

May 15, 2022
Central Valley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I find this very troubling. Her mother said she had high functioning depression that she hid from everyone.

I find it troubling that she felt like she had to hide her mental struggles and had no one to talk to. Not to mention someome with such obvious strengths and achievements.

I suppose I wanted people's thoughts, especially if they've struggled with depression before.

This is so sad. So important to get some kind of counseling or encouragement from someone, especially fellow Christians. Please pray for my wife--she is battling depression over not being able to find a decent job. Also, she had Covid--that "brain fog" and "new confusion" they talk about is a very real and troubling post-Covid symptom.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is so sad. So important to get some kind of counseling or encouragement from someone, especially fellow Christians. Please pray for my wife--she is battling depression over not being able to find a decent job. Also, she had Covid--that "brain fog" and "new confusion" they talk about is a very real and troubling post-Covid symptom.

Praying right now.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Believe me (I know from over 50 years' experience), people get tired of hearing about it, so if you don't have and hold onto Jesus, you are often all alone. Depression nearly always comes with distorted thoughts or what the pros call "destructive self-talk" which is something that many people just don't understand. Genetics and traumatic incidents or periods of time can cause this, and different people often need different treatment for it than others. There are things that can benefit all sufferers, but usually, each sufferer has one or a few things that especially need adjusting.

The basic laws of natural health (NEWSTART) are a good place to start, and reports of ever-increasing success are coming from those who use these simple remedies. Health retreats like Weimar and Wildwood are spearheading lifestyle remedial treatments under licensed medical supervision.

A short television series on this subject:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLl1QW3l4_aKj5k3INo5tXO7sWo_vG1JL8

Reactions: marks

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Former Miss USA commits suicide (Post #8) :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I suppose I'd be called having "high functioning depression", and I'm pretty sure that I'd have killed myself without God in my life.

Much love!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During my Covid recovery a couple months ago this strong feeling of depression overwhelmed me. At times I had to pace my room in the middle of the night in strong petition to God. After a little while it would subside. But only my reliance and faith in God pulled me through these times.

I’m still not out of the woods. The after affects of pneumonia are still lingering around. This year continues to be a trying time for me.

I’ve prayed and leaned on God more than ever in my time in the faith. And his word in the Bible has been more valuable than ever!

Depression is real. But so is God!

I cannot fathom where I would be without God and the Bible in my life.

Reactions: marks and Wynona

Daniel777

May 15, 2022
Central Valley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During my Covid recovery a couple months ago this strong feeling of depression overwhelmed me. At times I had to pace my room in the middle of the night in strong petition to God. After a little while it would subside. But only my reliance and faith in God pulled me through these times.

I’m still not out of the woods. The after affects of pneumonia are still lingering around. This year continues to be a trying time for me.

I’ve prayed and leaned on God more than ever in my time in the faith. And his word in the Bible has been more valuable than ever!

Depression is real. But so is God!

I cannot fathom where I would be without God and the Bible in my life.

Our pastor just preached a message and said, "it's life's challenges that make us stronger."

Reactions: Michiah-Imla