Forsake ALL your sins or eternal damnation awaits!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forsake ALL your sins or eternal damnation will be your inheritance. Willful sin is not allowed in the Kingdom of Heaven. Please don't fall for the lie that you can still sin a little and inherit eternal life too. The wolves will come along and tell you otherwise because they too are on the road to eternal damnation. I pray that this video opens your eyes because it's exactly how Jesus taught.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a Christian Forum...shouldn't you be on some street corner somewhere?

You are preaching to the converted.

Am I? From some of the things I read on this forum, yours included, this message is much needed.

Reactions: Stan B

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Forsake ALL your sins or eternal damnation will be your inheritance. Willful sin is not allowed in the Kingdom of Heaven. Please don't fall for the lie that you can still sin a little and inherit eternal life too. The wolves will come along and tell you otherwise because they too are on the road to eternal damnation. I pray that this video opens your eyes because it's exactly how Jesus taught.

Well...not exactly as Jesus taught. Jesus taught of a whole different way of life...a kingdom life...using stories to convey the parameters of that life. Being familiar with people and staring them down is not Jesus' style. Jesus was always gentle except when religious people came on the scene.

So with sinners Jesus mingled easily and freely....and oh...He didn't go around with huge advertisements. That kind of style is more political...worldly.

Jesus is "OTHER' worldly. That's what attracted people to Him (besides the miracles of course)

If you want to change people's lives for the better...a more gentle, less aggressive approach works better. A fisherman who shouts too much doesn't catch any fish. So we see that the effort...although well meaning...is powered by the carnal mind. (albeit religious)

Sins of the spirit are WORSE than carnal sins. So more humility is required to preach the gospel. In order to bring people into an eternal life of love, joy and peace...the one who is fishing for souls must be IN that life of love, joy and peace.

IOW let the Holy Spirit do the convicting. Just speak life!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello 07, ...your message is fine to a certain degree, but you failed to temper it with the fact that Christians are sinners by definition. In other words, are you preaching perfection? Willful sin may put one's integrity & convictions into question, indeed, but we all know the rules, it is those who put their faith in Christ's perfection, that are saved. ...and, of course, at the same time, one would expect to see a progression in one's sanctification in time...
But, you came off quite legalistic, ...maybe you did so just because it's in protest to the more liberal or licentious Christians. ...or are you giving too much weight to works?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures for those that believe that Christians cannot sin….

Romans 4:15 “for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, neither is there violation.”

1st John 3:9 “No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.”

1st John 5:18 “We know of no one that is born of God sins; but he who was born of God keeps him and the evil one does not touch him.”

Romans 4:7&8 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven, and whose sins have been covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account.”

Romans 5:13 “For until the Law sin was in the world; sin is not imputed when there is no Law.”

This one is important but long, basically chapter 6. Romans 6:1 “What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace might increase? May it never be! How shall we who died in sin still live in it? Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in the newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, that our body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin…….10 & 11 “For the death that He died, He did to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Jesus Christ. 14 “For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under the law, but under grace” 18 “Being then free from sin, you become the servants of righteousness.”

Romans 7:8 “But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.”

Romans 8:2 “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath me free from the law of sin and death.”

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

2nd Corinthians 5:21 “He made Him that knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him”

Hebrews 10:4 “For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.”

1st Cor. 9:20 “And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, through not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law;”

2nd Cor. 3:3 “being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts.”

Galations..Oh my gosh! Just read the whole thing!

Galatians 4:21 “Tell me, you who want to be under the law, do you not listen to the law?”

Galatians 5:3&4 “And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Galatians 3:12 “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us.....”

Hebrews 10:1 “For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never by the same sacrifices year by year, which they offer continually, make perfect those who draw near.”

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures for those that think you can sin and will definitely be judged for it.

Genesis 4:7
“If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it.”

Luke 14:26-27
“If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple. Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.”

Matthew 7:13-14
“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.”

Hebrews 6:4-8
“For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come. and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; 8 but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.”

Hebrews 10: 26-31
“For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

Matthew 12:36 “But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.”

Matthew 5:27-28 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery’; but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”

Matthew 5:31:32 “Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

1st John 5:16 If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death.

Roman 1:32 “Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”

1Jn:3:8: “He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”

James 1:15 “Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.”

1st John:3:4: “Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.”

1st Corinthians 6:9-10
“Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.”

Few are those that find it...144,000 are mentioned in Revelation, but all are Jews and the word Christian does not appear in Revelation.....?

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judgment and hypocrisy

Matthew 7:1-5
Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.

Luke 7:37
Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned.

Luke 7:40-48
And Jesus answered him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.” And he replied, “Say it, Teacher.” “A moneylender had two debtors: one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. When they were unable to repay, he graciously forgave them both. So which of them will love him more?” Simon answered and said, “I suppose the one whom he forgave more.” And He said to him, “You have judged correctly.” Turning toward the woman, He said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has wet My feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You gave Me no kiss; but she, since the time I came in, has not ceased to kiss My feet. You did not anoint My head with oil, but she anointed My feet with perfume. For this reason I say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little.” Then He said to her, “Your sins have been forgiven.”

John 8:5
You judge according to the flesh; I am not judging anyone.

Roman 5:16
The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification. For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ. So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men.

Matthew 23:13 But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.

1st John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The camp that believes in universal salvation.

The camp that believes a Christian's sins are forgiven before they occur.

The camp that believes that sins do not affect our saved status.

The camp that believes that our sins are forgiven it we ask for forgiveness.

The camp that believes that when Christians sin they loose their salvation.

The camp that believes at judgment, we will be judged by every sin we have committed.

If you understood all of these scriptures, you would know what two choices to pick. The context and measure and spirit of judgment is well defined. For those that love to preach hell and damnation, you will be disappointed. God did not allow for a plan that included His Son to be nailed to a piece of wood, for that plan to fail. If you are Judaizer and want to mix Judaism and Christianity....the quagmire of a religion you formulate will always be confusing and unresolvable...besides working against Christ and what He taught about mixing the religions.

Many key on some favorite scriptures and formulate a religion, strict to liberal, condemning to all forgiving…Neither one is true…the cliché You can’t see the forest for the tree applies to understanding the truth of Christianity. You can look at the scriptures and they may send you in different directions….hate your mother and father….let the dead bury the dead….sinners will never make it to heaven….the wealthy will not go to heaven….it is better not to touch a woman….you have to live a sexless bohemian life to go to heaven.

But if you look at the Spirit of Christ and Christianity, it will never steer you wrong. The tenants of Christianity; Love, forgiveness, compassion, courage, non-condemning, and non-judgmental. You will grasp the true meaning and have a better understanding of how to apply Christianity to your life, if you look at the overall intent and spirit of Christianity.

What is the nature of Christ? What was the purpose of His mission, His ministry? What are the possibility of mass failure in His ministry? By what rule or measure will He judge? In judgment will He work against His own plan?

Last edited:

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello 07, ...your message is fine to a certain degree, but you failed to temper it with the fact that Christians are sinners by definition.

In God's eyes, one is either a Saint or a sinner. A Saint of God use to be a sinner, past tense. A Saint of God does not willfully sin and allows the Holy Spirit to continually critique the actions and behavior of him/her.

In other words, are you preaching perfection? Willful sin may put one's integrity & convictions into question, indeed, but we all know the rules, it is those who put their faith in Christ's perfection, that are saved. ...and, of course, at the same time, one would expect to see a progression in one's sanctification in time...
But, you came off quite legalistic, ...maybe you did so just because it's in protest to the more liberal or licentious Christians. ...or are you giving too much weight to works?

A Saint of God is striving for perfection, though there is only One who was perfect, Jesus.

Job 1
[1] There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

Luke 1
[5] There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
[6] And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In God's eyes, one is either a Saint or a sinner. A Saint of God use to be a sinner, past tense. A Saint of God does not willfully sin and allows the Holy Spirit to continually critique the actions and behavior of him/her.

A Saint of God is striving for perfection, though there is only One who was perfect, Jesus.

Job 1
[1] There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

Luke 1
[5] There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
[6] And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
You are reading the passages that you quoted way too literally, the Bible speaks often with such language i.e. hyperbole, potential and idealistic.
I consider myself to be a Christian, and I sin all the time, sometimes willfully, sometimes not, even though the goal is to see sin for what it is, and stop doing it.
What about yourself, are you as you described above, perfect?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are reading the passages that you quoted way too literally, the Bible speaks often with such language i.e. hyperbole, potential and idealistic.
I consider myself to be a Christian, and I sin all the time, sometimes willfully, sometimes not, even though the goal is to see sin for what it is, and stop doing it.
What about yourself, are you as you described above, perfect?

If you sin willfully, then you don't have Jesus. You've simply made up a Jesus to suit your flesh.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you sin willfully, then you don't have Jesus. You've simply made up a Jesus to suit your flesh.
Gottcha, Paul wasn't a christian then;
1 Tim 1
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Peter wasn't a christian;
Gal 2
14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel,

John wasn't a christian;
1 John 1
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

I think you need to rethink this position.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

Aparently John got it wrong, or has the poster got it wrong?

Reactions: DNB

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Tim 1
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Gal 2
14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel,

John wasn't a christian;
1 John 1
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Correct, none of those statements say "I was the chief" or "If we used to say we had no sin"

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Tim 1

Gal 2

John wasn't a christian;
1 John 1

You've twisted the Scriptures to uphold for sin; Satan did that to Eve in the very beginning; He also tried it on Jesus, but it did not work. God does not endorse sin, neither will He allow willful sinners to enter in to His Kingdom.