Forum Reorganization & New Forums!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We felt it was getting to be that time, so with some input from the team, I reorganized the forums.

If you see anything missing...well it's not. Just kidding. I am open to some further suggestions, although we have a couple more forums that will be added soon. I also did away with the descriptions to try and declutter the page and remove some of the slower loading elements like the Bible verses that take time to render.

Please let me know if you are unclear on any of the names or need any help finding something. We have not done a comprehensive review of our threads to be removed, but I did try and move our active discussions to their appropriate new homes.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
HammerStone said:
We are not going to eliminate RefTagger. It just no longer has to parse and render on the main page, which speeds it up a bit.
Great, because copying & pasting text would be a huge drag and take a lot more space than now. :D

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally love RefTagger. It makes me feel like not having to copy and paste every verse I shared in a post.

I do wish that Bible.com or BibleGateway had a tool like it. I prefer their websites to Biblia though.

We're trying to improve readability.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
HammerStone said:
I personally love RefTagger. It makes me feel like not having to copy and paste every verse I shared in a post.

I do wish that Bible.com or BibleGateway had a tool like it. I prefer their websites to Biblia though.

We're trying to improve readability.
I agree, and I also use Biblegateway a lot. Sometimes I just use a link shortcut instead of quoting the text, but I like that RefTagger doesn't take you away from the post.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. One of the reasons I opted for Reftagger was the nice popup tool for verses. It's a great way to display the passage without adding more text to read, plus we're going to enable default version choice in the future.

The thing I don't like as a webmaster/administrator is that it takes you away from us. I am okay with someone devoted to the site doing a better job than we could have done otherwise, though. There are only two other tools I know of at larger sites (with more versions) and they're offered by eBible and then the ESV Bible. The ESV option is obviously limited and then eBible has some features that are too close to the forums. That said, I think Blue Letter Bible has introduced a popup tool so we may look into that.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
HammerStone said:
Yes. One of the reasons I opted for Reftagger was the nice popup tool for verses. It's a great way to display the passage without adding more text to read, plus we're going to enable default version choice in the future.

The thing I don't like as a webmaster/administrator is that it takes you away from us. I am okay with someone devoted to the site doing a better job than we could have done otherwise, though. There are only two other tools I know of at larger sites (with more versions) and they're offered by eBible and then the ESV Bible. The ESV option is obviously limited and then eBible has some features that are too close to the forums. That said, I think Blue Letter Bible has introduced a popup tool so we may look into that.
That would be nice because I always have to type (NIV) after every verse I quote and I really prefer not to put links that take you outside of the post.

I use BlueLetterBible and StudyLight as my Bible Study resources.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
HammerStone said:
We felt it was getting to be that time, so with some input from the team, I reorganized the forums.

If you see anything missing...well it's not. Just kidding. I am open to some further suggestions, although we have a couple more forums that will be added soon. I also did away with the descriptions to try and declutter the page and remove some of the slower loading elements like the Bible verses that take time to render.

Please let me know if you are unclear on any of the names or need any help finding something. We have not done a comprehensive review of our threads to be removed, but I did try and move our active discussions to their appropriate new homes.
Brother,

I think CB could benefit from eliminating an immediate 'edit' tag at the bottom of the page even if the edit is done only a a few seconds after making a post that needs a few changes. Some of the forums I visit allow a few minutes before giving an 'edit' tag.

Only an idea.

Oz