Four Marks of the True Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 17:21
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Four Marks of the True Church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter, the apostles, and their successors!

One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church!

The church is One:

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Lk 1:32-33 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mt 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

John 17:17-23
that they may be one as we are one.

Romans 12:5
so we, who are many, are one body in Christ.

Rom 15:6

1 Corinthians 1:10
I appeal to you... that there be no dissensions among you, but that
you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 12:12
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body.

1 Corinthians 12:20
But now are they many members, yet but one body.

Eph 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Ephesians 4:4
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were
called in the one body.

Philippians 1:27
Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Philippians 2:2
be of same the mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of
one mind.

The church is Holy:

The church is Holy because Her founder is God, and Holy is His name.

She is the spotless bride of Christ.

1 Timothy 3:15
know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth.

Colossians 1:18
And he [Jesus] is the head of the body, the church.

1 Peter 2:9-10
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people
belonging to God... Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God.

Ephesians 2:19-22
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets not forget what pual meant by divisions . Those who come and teach contrary to sound doctrine . Ye mark and ye avoid them .
So , i avoid Rome .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could put me before a firing squad and say , convert to pope francis , and i would but smile and say , Never .
Lord forgive them but never will i follow that rome .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could put me before a firing squad and say , convert to pope francis , and i would but smile and say , Never .
Lord forgive them but never will i follow that rome .

Peter & paul she’d thier blood as martyrs in Rome

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter & paul she’d thier blood as martyrs in Rome
That is true both men died n Rome for the glorious gospel .
And yet ROME has shed the blood of many a saint . And soon under all collective and all inclusive lie
she will , YET again Be the cause of the death of many saints . HEED her not .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
matt 16:18 shall NOT prevail
Yes , satan nor his men who can pretend and appear to be christain shall over take the true lambs .
We resist such by our faith in Christ and not in men . Ponder deep on that one .
For many a person has been led astray by rome and many other protestant churches as well .

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true church is the bride of Christ (Revelation 21:2, 9; 22:17) and the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:12; 1 Corinthians 12:27). It cannot be contained, walled in, or defined by anything other than its love for Christ and its dedication to Him.

Reactions: amigo de christo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes , satan nor his men who can pretend and appear to be christain shall over take the true lambs .
We resist such by our faith in Christ and not in men . Ponder deep on that one .
For many a person has been led astray by rome and many other protestant churches as well .

only one church Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Judas assented to the right yet suicided.....a curious connection!

..many will say to me 'Lord, Lord'.....hmmmm.....what happened?

Knowing Jesus is not academic nor is it delivering the right answers....nor is it belonging to the right Church/Ethnicity.

Knowing is above and beyond the accumulation of facts or who one associates with.....in fact, only those who know, know! It is a phenomena which those who know not, though they have 'approved' connections, cannot understand while insisting they know.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judas assented to the right yet suicided.....a curious connection!

..many will say to me 'Lord, Lord'.....hmmmm.....what happened?

Knowing Jesus is not academic nor is it delivering the right answers....nor is it belonging to the right Church/Ethnicity.

Knowing is above and beyond the accumulation of facts or who one associates with.....in fact, only those who know, know! It is a phenomena which those who know not, though they have 'approved' connections, cannot understand while insisting they know.

There is only one church
Christ and his church are one
Union with Christ is union with his church
His church continues his authority power and mission
Outside his church there is no salvation

Matt 16:18 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 19:16 acts 9:4

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.