Fragrance of The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nov 13, 2022
Honolulu
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just sharing my testimony of how I experienced the Fragrance of The Holy Spirit, and please feel free to share your experiences here as well...Blessings to All...:tiphat:

Back in 2005 our Church formed their first men's ministry called "Joshua's Men", they met every Sunday evenings at Church for about 2-3 hrs. or so...While hubby attended their men's group, I chose to spend my time together with the Lord in Praise and Worship, and Bible Study (which I was also studying on the Holy Spirit at the time too), but majority of the time was spent in Praising and Worshiping God...

We had a mix of Praise and Worship videos that I played on our computer the whole time hubby was at his meetings, and about 20-30 mins. into praising and worshiping the Lord, all of a sudden, I noticed a sweet pleasant smelling aroma, like NO other! The fragrance was SO HEAVENLY, the presence of the Lord filled our bedroom...There was a HUGE CLOUD that surrounded me, the whole room was filled as if there was a fog machine on in there, but I could still see through this cloud or haze-like, and the room was also filled with a BRIGHT GLOW, I would just close my eyes and bask in His presence, it's hard to put into words, but I know that Who I was experiencing was the Holy Spirit! I would sing and dance with the Lord till hubby came home from his men's group meeting, and I would ask him every time, "Do you SMELL THAT?! Please tell me you can smell that sweet aroma!" His reply, "No, what smell?" As he sniffs the air...I asked him if the bedroom was clear or misty/foggy/bright/what? Trying to describe what the heck I'm talking about...lol Hubby just asks me, "Whatcha been smokin'?!" lol

A few weeks later, I was doing a study on the Holy Anointing Oil, when the Lord prompted me to go to the local Christian store (where we normally shopped at) and look for a bottle of the Holy Anointing Oil...Which we did, and while we were looking through all the bottles of anointing oil they had in the store, I was smelling each one, looking for THAT fragrance, and I didn't find it, till....

The store Manager came out from his back office of the store and asked if we needed help, since his workers brought out from the back all the oils that they had for me to smell...Chkl: The Manager tells us he had a new shipment of anointing oil in his office that he just got, didn't even open the case or tag the items yet, came all the way from Jerusalem, and he brought the box out to us to check it out. So he opened the small case and hands me a 2 inch tall gold printed box...I opened the box and removed a clear glass bottle with a gold screw on/off cap...As soon as I opened the cap, THAT familiar fragrance just HIT my spirit, no words can express! With excitement I told the Manager, "YES! THIS IS IT! This is what the Holy Spirit smells like!" The store staff was so excited and surprised for us, the Manager even gifted us with a bottle of this Holy Anointing Oil! Also included in the box was a mini scroll with the instructions and ingredients for the Holy Anointing Oil...Exodus 30:22-33.

The following weekend we returned to the Christian store to pick up another bottle of this Holy Anointing Oil....And it gets weird! When we asked the store staff for another bottle, showing them the one that was gifted to us from them...They all looked at my bottle and asked me, "Where did you get this from? We don't have anything like this, we've never ever seen this box or brand before!" And the Manager didn't recall gifting this bottle to us either, saying he's never seen this before, they all just looked at us weird and puzzled...Hubby and I were more confused than them! :jest:

We all gave God the Praise, Honor, and Glory as we left the store saying, "That's ALL GOD!" :Happy:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just sharing my testimony of how I experienced the Fragrance of The Holy Spirit, and please feel free to share your experiences here as well...Blessings to All...:tiphat:

Back in 2005 our Church formed their first men's ministry called "Joshua's Men", they met every Sunday evenings at Church for about 2-3 hrs. or so...While hubby attended their men's group, I chose to spend my time together with the Lord in Praise and Worship, and Bible Study (which I was also studying on the Holy Spirit at the time too), but majority of the time was spent in Praising and Worshiping God...

We had a mix of Praise and Worship videos that I played on our computer the whole time hubby was at his meetings, and about 20-30 mins. into praising and worshiping the Lord, all of a sudden, I noticed a sweet pleasant smelling aroma, like NO other! The fragrance was SO HEAVENLY, the presence of the Lord filled our bedroom...There was a HUGE CLOUD that surrounded me, the whole room was filled as if there was a fog machine on in there, but I could still see through this cloud or haze-like, and the room was also filled with a BRIGHT GLOW, I would just close my eyes and bask in His presence, it's hard to put into words, but I know that Who I was experiencing was the Holy Spirit! I would sing and dance with the Lord till hubby came home from his men's group meeting, and I would ask him every time, "Do you SMELL THAT?! Please tell me you can smell that sweet aroma!" His reply, "No, what smell?" As he sniffs the air...I asked him if the bedroom was clear or misty/foggy/bright/what? Trying to describe what the heck I'm talking about...lol Hubby just asks me, "Whatcha been smokin'?!" lol

A few weeks later, I was doing a study on the Holy Anointing Oil, when the Lord prompted me to go to the local Christian store (where we normally shopped at) and look for a bottle of the Holy Anointing Oil...Which we did, and while we were looking through all the bottles of anointing oil they had in the store, I was smelling each one, looking for THAT fragrance, and I didn't find it, till....

The store Manager came out from his back office of the store and asked if we needed help, since his workers brought out from the back all the oils that they had for me to smell...Chkl: The Manager tells us he had a new shipment of anointing oil in his office that he just got, didn't even open the case or tag the items yet, came all the way from Jerusalem, and he brought the box out to us to check it out. So he opened the small case and hands me a 2 inch tall gold printed box...I opened the box and removed a clear glass bottle with a gold screw on/off cap...As soon as I opened the cap, THAT familiar fragrance just HIT my spirit, no words can express! With excitement I told the Manager, "YES! THIS IS IT! This is what the Holy Spirit smells like!" The store staff was so excited and surprised for us, the Manager even gifted us with a bottle of this Holy Anointing Oil! Also included in the box was a mini scroll with the instructions and ingredients for the Holy Anointing Oil...Exodus 30:22-33.

The following weekend we returned to the Christian store to pick up another bottle of this Holy Anointing Oil....And it gets weird! When we asked the store staff for another bottle, showing them the one that was gifted to us from them...They all looked at my bottle and asked me, "Where did you get this from? We don't have anything like this, we've never ever seen this box or brand before!" And the Manager didn't recall gifting this bottle to us either, saying he's never seen this before, they all just looked at us weird and puzzled...Hubby and I were more confused than them! :jest:

We all gave God the Praise, Honor, and Glory as we left the store saying, "That's ALL GOD!" :Happy:
Wow, what a beautiful testimony! You are truly blessed to have had such a miraculous experience.
Thanks for sharing, God Bless you!

Nov 13, 2022
Honolulu
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, what a beautiful testimony! You are truly blessed to have had such a miraculous experience.
Thanks for sharing, God Bless you!
Thank you very much for your kind and encouraging heart...YOU are also truly Blessed, and to BE a Blessing, which You are...Keep Up the GOD Work! :Thumbsup: :Happy:

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As great as that all sounds..... I'm curious. What do you think about the rest of Exodus 30 concerning this recipe?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When I go out for my daily walks I smell heavenly fragrances also. Like Jesus perfume. I recognize it somehow as Jesus personal smell. I don't know how I know it's him but somehow I remember it being his scent. I have also smelled other perfumes while out on my walks and there is no one around. I talked about this to @Angelina and she said it sound like the anointing. Something I was unfamiliar with. But I also inquired to the Lord and the feeling I got is that the scents are the scents of angels that visit. Or people I may see in the resurrection.

Cheers!

Reactions: marks

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
When I go out for my daily walks I smell heavenly fragrances also. Like Jesus perfume. I recognize it somehow as Jesus personal smell. I don't know how I know it's him but somehow I remember it being his scent. I have also smelled other perfumes while out on my walks and there is no one around. I talked about this to @Angelina and she said it sound like the anointing. Something I was unfamiliar with. But I also inquired to the Lord and the feeling I got is that the scents are the scents of angels that visit. Or people I may see in the resurrection.
The same Holy Spirit who dwells in you also dwells in me. I have encountered many angelic beings of various kinds in my walk with God. None of them have had a fragrance/aroma when they appear. The times that I have detected a specific [not of this world] fragrance is when there is a strong presence of God and when the anointing is falling in corporate worship. So perhaps God uses fragrances in different ways with different people who have different gifts and callings...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same Holy Spirit who dwells in you also dwells in me. I have encountered many angelic beings of various kinds in my walk with God. None of them have had a fragrance/aroma when they appear. The times that I have detected a specific [not of this world] fragrance is when there is a strong presence of God and when the anointing is falling in corporate worship. So perhaps God uses fragrances in different ways with different people who have different gifts and callings...
One of the scents I received was that of my mother's perfume who had passed away. It was a pleasant smell and I got a good feeling about seeing my mother again someday.

Reactions: Helen

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What specifically are you referring to? :)
you know. . . vvs 30 - 33 that say it's not supposed to poured on a mans flesh aside a son of aaron or even remade...

30 “Anoint Aaron and his sons and consecrate them so they may serve me as priests. 31 Say to the Israelites, ‘This is to be my sacred anointing oil for the generations to come. 32 Do not pour it on anyone else’s body and do not make any other oil using the same formula. It is sacred, and you are to consider it sacred. 33 Whoever makes perfume like it and puts it on anyone other than a priest must be cut off from their people.’”

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you know. . . vvs 30 - 33 that say it's not supposed to poured on a mans flesh aside a son of aaron or even remade...

30 “Anoint Aaron and his sons and consecrate them so they may serve me as priests. 31 Say to the Israelites, ‘This is to be my sacred anointing oil for the generations to come. 32 Do not pour it on anyone else’s body and do not make any other oil using the same formula. It is sacred, and you are to consider it sacred. 33 Whoever makes perfume like it and puts it on anyone other than a priest must be cut off from their people.’”
It's also for future generations. Not entirely sure what that means. But I think that is literal oil. And the fragrance given from the spirit might be something else.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's also for future generations. Not entirely sure what that means. But I think that is literal oil. And the fragrance given from the spirit might be something else.

It's wonderful if you catch his scent. It will overwhelm your senses.

It's quite another to whip yerself up a batch of it, following the recipe. Forbidden.

Reactions: Adam and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's wonderful if you catch his scent. It will overwhelm your senses.

It's quite another to whip yerself up a batch of it, following the recipe. Forbidden.
Yes it has been a very pleasant experience to smell the wonderful aroma God blesses me with.

• Love
Reactions: Mr E

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's also for future generations. Not entirely sure what that means.
Aarons future generations, the priesthood specifically.

I wasn't talking about the spiritual experience she had, which was awesome no doubt. i was talking about the physical oil she had purchased that was made according to exodus 30

Reactions: dev553344

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am wondering just what you're going to do with the sacred oil. It's forbidden to put it on any person's skin, or to perfume your house with it. It's only supposed to be used for the temple (which was destroyed), and, if I recall, by God's prophets when specifically instructed to, to annoint divinely-chosen Kings with.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am wondering just what you're going to do with the sacred oil. It's forbidden to put it on any person's skin, or to perfume your house with it. It's only supposed to be used for the temple (which was destroyed), and, if I recall, by God's prophets when specifically instructed to, to annoint divinely-chosen Kings with.

The first usage of oil was Jacob after he dreamed of that stairway/ladder to heaven with the angels ascending and descending. He took the stone and poured oil on it and called the place Bethel— the house of God.

The concept of anointing oil is symbolic of blessing, of empowering and setting something or someone apart.

• Love
Reactions: Adam and SERVANTedu

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first usage of oil was Jacob after he dreamed of that stairway/ladder to heaven with the angels ascending and descending. He took the stone and poured oil on it and called the place Bethel— the house of God.

The concept of anointing oil is symbolic of blessing, of empowering and setting something or someone apart.
Thank you for illuminating another shadow of Christ for me, Mr E.

Christ was the first to be anointed "so that in all things that He may have preeminence" "the stone of stumbling, the rock of offence." "The Man in whom all the fullness of God was well pleased to dwell (house of God)" "truly, i tell you, you will see heaven open and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man."

Reactions: marks and Johann