Freed from "sinning".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Jesus "set us free" from sinning with His Blood. Its DONE.
How?
He has resolved your sin issue, so that God does not see your flesh.
Flesh is "the mind of the flesh" or ""walking in the flesh", or as Paul says, who shall deliver me from this "body of death"...
All of this is the CARNAL MIND.......this is your flesh. It's carnal desires that transgress the law, which deemed you a sinner.

When you are born again, the Law is abolished, you are "under Grace", as "Jesus has redeemed you from the curse of the Law".
The dominion of the Law, was the curse. And now you are under new dominion... if you are born again.
You are UNDER Grace. "UNDER"......controlled by its AUTHORITY and defined by its dominion.
So, all of that, is how and why you are set free from "sin".

The Power of the Law is what empowers you to commit carnal deeds. It literally controls your carnal mind and causes you to "sin" more. So, for this to be ended....Jesus had to abolish the law, redeem you from the law, and cause you to have a BIRTH out of that "flesh", which is both the body and the Mind.
Jesus has accomplished what the Law could not, in that the law could not free you from "sin consciousness"..
This means, before you are saved, you could only walk in the mind of the flesh, as you had no other option.
But after you are saved, you now have the option of "the mind of Christ" that is to walk in the Spirit.
When you do that, you are free from carnal deeds

Christ "redeemed us from the curse of the Law"...

The curse of the Law IS its power to cause you to keep sinning = by trying to stop.

Listen Saint.... The Law has a power.. its a specific type of spiritual dominion-authority-control over an unbeliever's behavior which causes ANYONE who tries to obey it, to actually sin more.

The Law reveals our sin.. and then when we try to stop, it inflames our inner passion to want more sin. = "Curse of THE Law.".

When Jesus's Blood removed our SIN by He Himself becoming our sin and dying for them all, Colossians 2:13 then the power of the Law was removed from us, as we now exist in the Kingdom of God "in Christ" where the Law has no power or dominion.
We EXIST there as a "New Creation" "in Christ". "Under Grace".

Saint, here is a KEY.
You live in a new Spiritual Realm. You are "in Christ", and so, you are THERE... The Law only has dominion over unbelievers on EARTH... And even tho your body is here, that is just your body. You are NOT your body.. You are a reborn spiritual being, who is now in eternal union with GOD. That's the real you. "seated in Heavenly places IN CHRIST"... This is why the scripture told you that you are "translated from darkness to LIGHT". You are IN the world, but you are not OF the world. "As Jesus IS so are the born again IN the World".

See that? That is YOU. THE......REAL........You. You are THERE, while your body is down here. And later, Jesus will give you a new body, up THERE. :)

The reason a believer still commits carnal deeds of the FLESH, is because they have been trained by the law to think about sin and think about resisting it, which keeps you in bondage to the law's power to keep manipulating you into sinning. (works of the flesh).

The way OUT< is not by resisting sin.. as that puts you under the Law's power to make you sin more.. So, the way out of this is by becoming free from the knowledge of sin, (sin consciousness) that is controlling your MIND... by keeping you in the mind of the Flesh.

Listen......"where there is no law, there is no transgression"....so, "WHEN there is no knowledge (concerned focus) of sin, you will stop sinning. Its the Grace of God that allows us that RIGHT and Gives us that Power...> "as we are not under the Law but under GRACE".

You have to change your thinking into Right Believing so that you come into spiritual alignment with God's GRACE. Grace : is God's Eternal Dominion over you, that occurred when He Redeemed you with the Blood of Jesus, as a GIFT.
You are NOW AND FOREVER under the dominion of GRACE. "the born again are NOT UNDER THE LAW, but are UNDER THE DOMINION OF GRACE"..... Romans 6:14

You are already FREED from sinning..(works of the flesh)....But you have to see who you are, who you have become, "in Christ" to STOP.... WHEN you can see that, then you will be FREE from sin consciousness, as you will realize that your sin is gone, and your peace with God is always maintained by the Blood of Jesus, and not by your repenting or confessing or any other self effort or work.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that the Lord wants us to forsake a good conscience so that we no longer have "sin consciousness".

1Ti 1:19, Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:

1Ti 3:9, Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

1Ti 4:2, Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

2Ti 1:3, I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;

Heb 10:22, Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Heb 13:18, Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.

1Pe 3:16, Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

1Pe 3:21, The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, Romans 7:18 is clear, that in me (that is, in my flesh) there dwells no good thing.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that the Lord wants us to forsake a good conscience so that we no longer have "sin consciousness".

1Ti 1:19, Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:

1Ti 3:9, Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

1Ti 4:2, Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

2Ti 1:3, I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;

Heb 10:22, Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Heb 13:18, Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.

1Pe 3:16, Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

1Pe 3:21, The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
Look at each of these.

The answer (actually, inquiry) of a good conscience toward God. That's what we are given a good conscience toward God. Our hearts have been sprinkled from an evil conscience.

We had an evil conscience, we've been cleansed, and now have a good conscience toward God.

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You really have no idea about Bible truth and Gospel truth. Instead of creating more and more spiritual confusion, why don't you simply ask questions with a desire to get to the truth? You are very seriously confused. Let's hope you don't confuse others.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really have no idea about Bible truth and Gospel truth. Instead of creating more and more spiritual confusion, why don't you simply ask questions with a desire to get to the truth? You are very seriously confused. Let's hope you don't confuse others.
Are you thinking that God doesn't free us from sin?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Power of the Law is what empowers you to commit carnal deeds. It literally controls your carnal mind and causes you to "sin" more. So, for this to be ended....Jesus had to abolish the law, redeem you from the law, and cause you to have a BIRTH out of that "flesh", which is both the body and the Mind.
Jesus has accomplished what the Law could not, in that the law could not free you from "sin consciousness"..
This means, before you are saved, you could only walk in the mind of the flesh, as you had no other option.
But after you are saved, you now have the option of "the mind of Christ" that is to walk in the Spirit.
When you do that, you are free from carnal deeds
A good description I think, of that God is teaching us in Romans 6, that the one who has died has been justified away from sin.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More literally, the "inquiry of a good conscience toward God".

Not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the inquiry of a good conscience toward God. God cleanses our conscience through the removal of our sin, not washing our bodies. This isn't about us becoming cleaned up, rather, as our good conscience inquires of God, the matter is settled in Jesus' resurrection.

His resurrection is our resurrection, and we are justified away from sin (Romans 6).

Much love!

The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you thinking that God doesn't free us from sin?
I did not say that or even hint at that. God does NOT eradicate the indwelling sin nature. But He gives His children the gift of the indwelling Holy Spirit, who empower Christians to resist and reject sin. Yet even so, Christians can and do sin. Now go and check what this guy is saying.

The sin nature will only be eradicated at the Resurrection/Rapture, when the saints are perfected and glorified.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold said:

I did not say that or even hint at that.

?

The sin nature will only be eradicated at the Resurrection/Rapture, when the saints are perfected and glorified.

Agreed, the flesh remains in corruption until we are transformed in resurrection or rapture.

Yet even so, Christians can and do sin.
Must you? Or do you now have the power to not sin?

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A good conscience means that when you do sin, you recognize what you have done as sin. If you don't or can't, that is what is spoken of in scripture, that the conscience has been seared as with a hot iron.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
A good description I think, of that God is teaching us in Romans 6, that the one who has died has been justified away from sin.

Much love!

Someone has our sin.
The born again, who has become lost in heresy will say that they have it, that its "indwelling" and needs to be confessed and repented of for the rest of their sinning and confessing life.
The person who understands that Jesus has died for all their sin is not going to be found, to be this type of self saving legalist.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mind animates the body of carnal the motions of the body will be sin. If the mind is transformed renewed in Christ then the motions will glorify God.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 1:4 KJV
[4] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
This in my opinion is salvation, an escape provided which of course is In Christ. The body is only dust, the word world in the scripture above references all mankind.

greater is He who is in you.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone has our sin.
The born again, who has become lost in heresy will say that they have it, that its "indwelling" and needs to be confessed and repented of for the rest of their sinning and confessing life.
The person who understands that Jesus has died for all their sin is not going to be found, to be this type of self saving legalist.

So you're saying that Jesus has our sin.

Is there sin in Christ?

Answer me.