Friends of This Site

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To my friends on this Site. And so many of you I do count as friends, you know who you are.
Especially to those of you who have written to me lately saying that you are "stepping back" for a while because of all the rudeness and arguments in the discussions.

This Site has indeed soured over the last year...agree...with snippy responses rather than just giving an answer disagreeing agreeably. ( I am not saying that I am guiltless myself! ) It used to be a happy interesting place to come.

Where are the polite responses? Some on here always do respond gently, @quietthinker for one ...and a few others. :)
And it is very commendable. ✟
But sadly they are mostly not the ones that post many posts per day.

I feel all the constant fault finding about different denominations and different members belief systems very wearing , it brings down the atmosphere of the Site to negative rather than positive.

So , to the friends who hardly come on Site at all now, and to friends who are pulling back and withdrawing. I just have to say... You must do what you believe GOD is leading you to do...that is obvious.
But if you are doing it just because you are fed up with the arrogance and those who "are always right"...then friends, you are choosing not to be part of the answer, but adding to the problem by your withdrawal. :(
You are turning the Site over to what I call "the negatives" here.

I guess, if it gets too bad , some of us also will just follow suit, but I hope not
It used to be such a great place to come.
Staying, or going, be blessed in all you do.
God bless and keep you all safe ...always x ✟

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I know something keeps me coming back. My counselor asked me why we planned my daughter when I was so afraid of everything going on in the world. I told her it is because the world needs more light, not less of it. She liked that answer. I'm trying to shine for Christ and want to train my daughter up as well to shine for Christ by showing love to others. I know perfect love casts out fear, so no, I am not perfect, but I hope on this site people can see Christ's light through me.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well I know something keeps me coming back. My counselor asked me why we planned my daughter when I was so afraid of everything going on in the world. I told her it is because the world needs more light, not less of it. She liked that answer. I'm trying to shine for Christ and want to train my daughter up as well to shine for Christ by showing love to others. I know perfect love casts out fear, so no, I am not perfect, but I hope on this site people can see Christ's light through me.

What a lovely post. That warms my heart.
Glad that you are here.
Lets pray for those who are feeling discouraged right now. ✟

As you mentioned, we are here to be part of the answer.
I like your answer about your daughter being "light".

Jesus is the Light of the world...our light here on this earth should be a reflection of His Light. :) Amen.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To my friends on this Site. And so many of you I do count as friends, you know who you are.
Especially to those of you who have written to me lately saying that you are "stepping back" for a while because of all the rudeness and arguments in the discussions.

This Site has indeed soured over the last year...agree...with snippy responses rather than just giving an answer disagreeing agreeably. ( I am not saying that I am guiltless myself! ) It used to be a happy interesting place to come.

Where are the polite responses? Some on here always do respond gently, @quietthinker for one ...and a few others. :)

I feel all the constant fault finding about different denominations and different members belief systems very wearing , it brings down the atmosphere of the Site to negative rather than positive.

So , to the friends who hardly come on Site at all now, and to friends who are pulling back and withdrawing. I just have to say... You must do what you believe GOD is leading you to do...that is obvious.

But if you are doing it just because you are fed up with the arrogance and those who "are always right"...then friends, you are choosing not to be part of the answer, but adding to the problem by your withdrawal. :(

I guess, if it gets too bad , some of us also will just follow suit, but I hope not

I too have not spent much time here! I had hoped to find topic's with real Meat in them, that could edify and encourage, I have been in need of support from the Body, to which we are supposed to belong!!! Those of you that are of good witness, and have understanding, have Blessed Me many time's, and for that I am Eternally Grateful, as I have said " am not the Brightest Bulb on the Tree". I was told by another soul that to pick my fight's carefully, If you are here to fight, then you are in the wrong!! Our Savior will sort out our differences, I only hope that some will not be Ashamed in His presence ! My little Children, Love one another, as He Love's Us!
Be Blessed in the Name of Our Lord Yashua!

B

Butterfly

This site is certainly a mixture - sometimes I go away drained, more so when good discussions end up with the usual people arguing all the time.
I have noticed a lot of older posts that I don't discover unless I search the site in a different way to just clicking the ' new posts' ' trending posts ' - that's how I missed Pearls threads.
I also prefer subjects that push me to look at scitpure and challenges me to delve into it more, not to prove anyone wrong or right, but to hear from God in new ways.
There is something about this site that attracts me to it, I have noticed that many have not been on for awhile - mayflower- good to see you xxxx
Rita

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey Glenn @Truth

Glad that you posted.
I agree, I believe what you mentioned is what I feel is lacking on here.
There is little or none "looking out for each others well being"-
But a lot of Head knowledge and one-upmanship arguing. :(

Maybe the leadership , mods and admins don't really care about the tone or the quality of a Christian web site, as they don't seem to interact, add to, or give direction...but seem happy just as long as they get lots of posting going on each day! :(
And they do get plenty that going on for sure..so I guess they are happy.
But, that is why others are leaving , left, or thinking of leaving. :oops:

Take care Glenn, you are not forgotten. x

Last edited:
D

Dave L

One thing you can say about this site is that it is heads above the rest. And diversity is the norm. Many sites end up with people preaching to the choir and censorship clobbers any who don't. We need to focus on the positive and let sleeping dogs lay.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This site is certainly a mixture - sometimes I go away drained, more so when good discussions end up with the usual people arguing all the time.
I have noticed a lot of older posts that I don't discover unless I search the site in a different way to just clicking the ' new posts' ' trending posts ' - that's how I missed Pearls threads.
I also prefer subjects that push me to look at scitpure and challenges me to delve into it more, not to prove anyone wrong or right, but to hear from God in new ways.
There is something about this site that attracts me to it, I have noticed that many have not been on for awhile - mayflower- good to see you xxxx
Rita

I agree Rita.
I like subjects that challenge my heart, and ones which are God centred.
It is the dry "anti" posts which drag me down.
Lets bash the Catholics.
Lets bash the SDA
Lets bash the LDS
Lets bash the Calvinists
'Lets bash anyone who does not believe how I believe.'

Im so tired of all the Anti against posts and threads..when our threads , minds and hearts should surly just as often be FOR God and His people. Any idiot can talk 'against' anything.. but it does nothing in building the church up!!

This is obviously a mood I am in at the moment.
Negativism comes from the Devil...we as Christians should be a positive in this world not a negative drain, as @Mayflower was mentioning ,as 'being light'.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One thing you can say about this site is that it is heads above the rest. And diversity is the norm. Many sites end up with people preaching to the choir and censorship clobbers any who don't. We need to focus on the positive and let sleeping dogs lay.

As I say Dave, in the last post I wrote..#8 which I don't think you noticed.

The word POSITIVE is what I find missing at the moment.
Where is the JOY etc..I read very little and see so little.

But, I WAS very blessed to see a testimony last evening from @Berserk which blessed me to my toes.

Bless you H

Last edited:
D

Dave L

As I say Dave, in the last post I wrote..#8 which I don't think you noticed.

The word POSITIVE is what I find missing at the moment.
Where is the JOY etc..I read none and see none.

Bless you H
I read your post and agree. Some people are "serotonin vampires". They sink in their teeth, drain your joy and move on the the next victim. It's more of a negative personality trait than spiritual I believe. Once as a factory foreman, I saw one "vampire" drain the moral of an entire department. Another time, two of them quit, and production increased by 1/3!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Negativism comes from the Devil.

So is positivism...;) The truth is not just about happy faces. There are as many woes as blessings. So then balance is better.

When someone posts what is good...we rejoice. When someone posts a lie that can hurt people...we correct. If that comes out sounding negative...then there is a deeper problem.

Love rejoices in the truth...not in what sounds positive.

Hisman

Mar 31, 2019
westen
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Love rejoices in the truth...not in what sounds positive.

I didn't read her as saying that she just wanted happy posts.
I read something deeper there.
I read that she is looking for and expects to find more than theological argumentative discussions on here, but some also which show so hunger for God Himself. Which I agree it does fall short here.

That is what I took away from her posts. A heart cry.
I believe many know so much about God, but how many are more interested in Him?o_O

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As a newcomer to this site I have found places to post that seem friendly and I intend to find more. Like most of the Christian sites I've been part of in the past sadly there will always be those that spoil the fellowship atmosphere as that is not what they are looking for which seems mostly to be conflict and controversy. I plan to stay away from them and am glad of the 'ignore' option. So far I am happy with what I've found and hope to encourage people and enjoy reading the encouraging posts of others.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Hisman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As a newcomer to this site I have found places to post that seem friendly and I intend to find more. Like most of the Christian sites I've been part of in the past sadly there will always be those that spoil the fellowship atmosphere as that is not what they are looking for which seems mostly to be conflict and controversy. I plan to stay away from them and am glad of the 'ignore' option. So far I am happy with what I've found and hope to encourage people and enjoy reading the encouraging posts of others.
I also do like this site. :)

Reactions: Dave L

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"But if you are doing it just because you are fed up with the arrogance and those who "are always right"...then friends, you are choosing not to be part of the answer, but adding to the problem by your withdrawal. :(
You are turning the Site over to what I call "the negatives" here." <--- Spot on! No matter how arrogant or nasty someone is, it is possible to refuse to respond in kind.

Proverbs 15:4 “Gentle words bring life and health; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.” Proverbs 16:24 “Kind words are like honey–sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.” Proverbs 18:4 “A person's words can be life-giving water;words of true wisdom are as refreshing as a bubbling brook.”

Fine post Helen!

Reactions: Helen and Dave L
B

Butterfly

I agree Rita.
I like subjects that challenge my heart, and ones which are God centred.
It is the dry "anti" posts which drag me down.
Lets bash the Catholics.
Lets bash the SDA
Lets bash the LDS
Lets bash the Calvinists
'Lets bash anyone who does not believe how I believe.'

Im so tired of all the Anti against posts and threads..when our threads , minds and hearts should surly just as often be FOR God and His people. Any idiot can talk 'against' anything.. but it does nothing in building the church up!!

This is obviously a mood I am in at the moment.
Negativism comes from the Devil...we as Christians should be a positive in this world not a negative drain, as @Mayflower was mentioning ,as 'being light'.
Yes you missed ' the doom and gloom threads '
Jesus pre warned us what to expect so that we would not be taken by surprise or be fearful because he ' wins ' in the end.
One thing I would say Helen, we can pick and choose what we read here because the forum is quite big - and there are some good threads that do not get spoilt xxxx
Rita

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't read her as saying that she just wanted happy posts.
I read something deeper there.
I read that she is looking for and expects to find more than theological argumentative discussions on here, but some also which show so hunger for God Himself. Which I agree it does fall short here.

That is what I took away from her posts. A heart cry.
I believe many know so much about God, but how many are more interested in Him?o_O

Yeah. There's so much "Look at how spiritual I am, how much I know, how much I'm better than you." It seems to overshadow sharing God's love with each other, building each other up.

We are to find God, among other places, in each other. We are to minister Jesus to each other. Is this what that looks like? Really??

Much love!
mark